Is 25 too old to be single?

Options

Replies

• OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    NO!! Its young go out enjoy life - you will meet the person when its right...let it happen organically!

25 is SOOO young - trust me I know!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and have no plans to get married for at least another 100 years. The majority of my friends are not married, and when they do get married I replace them with someone who isn't a sell out.

I think you'll be fine.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It makes you smarter. My kids were 24, 31, & 33 when they got married. I think you're better equiped to make a good choice for a lifetime when you are 25+. You need to go at your own pace... I got married at 22, and wish I hadn't. The married lasted almost 20 years, but only because I felt like I had made a vow before God,and had to keep it no matter how bad it got.
  • malicent
    malicent Posts: 127
    Options
    @CtnJason Nice! Happy birthday! :D Eat lots of cake lol!
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Hell to the Yes.....

Just kidding.... no it's not too old to be single. Live it up!
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    30 and single, feels great, sometimes it gets lonely, but, whatever. I'm hopeful :)
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    25 and still single is better than 25 and divorced with a kid. Don't rush it.
  • mvatrail
    Options
    38 here . . Guess I am doomed ?
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    25 and single is a whole heluva lot better than being a 37 year old single divorcee with 2 kids who now have a deadbeat dad.

Don't rush stuff that's not meant to be, learn to be your own best friend and hopefully the rest of it will fall into place for you!

I'm a 27 year old single divorcee of 2 kids who have a deadbeat dad. You act like that's the end of the world. We're doing just fine and I wouldn't trade these boys for anything.

Absolutely! I'd never say that my kids are a negative thing EVER! I love them and that's the part that sucks - they have to deal with the fact that their dad is an arsehole I picked when I was 21 and afraid of being alone for the rest of my life! I always give props to the single parents who are doing it by themselves (without child support and/or alimony) because it's the hardest. I've had an amazing 11 years being the only parent to my kids and as rough as it's been they are the most amazing people on this earth!
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think that society sometimes puts too much pressure on us to be married by X age, and I think that leads to many people settling or saying yes to the first person that asks because they are afraid no one else will want to marry them. I think that there is no right age to be married, and that you certainly shouldnt settle just because you are afraid you wont find anyone.
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    Your happiness comes from you and there is no real rule book in life so just enjoy it while you're here on Earth. Marriage is not something to take lightly and people are living longer than ever so take your time and when it happens it happens. You won't have to second guess.
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate, and I'm 3 years older than you. I tend to find myself feeling seriously lacking because of my scant romantic history. Sometimes I get into a funk where I worry about where I'm at (or not at, really) relationship-wise, but generally I try to just take care of myself, and try to keep a positive attitude, expecting that everything will happen as it's supposed to. Hang in there, you're not alone. =]
  • SummerBaby93
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I'm 20 next year and I've never even had someone kiss me properly?

Hahaha, oh wow.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I got married when I was 30, which is taboo here in Utah :laugh: Don't rush into anything. I will never regret the friends I made or the people I met.
  • jevoyager
    jevoyager Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well if 25 is too old, then at 36 I might as well throw in the towel, lol
    I've been the same place you are, seems like everyone around you has moved on to that part of life, and it makes you feel weird or awkward. But, you're ready when you're ready, and trying to force it because others around you are doing it, sure as heck ain't the way to go. There's not a thing wrong with waiting.
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Our society places a stigma on single people of a certain age. I'm 37 and single. People are shocked when I tell them I'm single, I like being single, and I will most likely continue to be single.

I have lots of things to do - mostly, take care of my child and work hard on my fitness (which in turn affects my career which I also work hard at).

When I'm 60 and I can say, "Til death do us part," and actually mean it, I'll consider some permanent company.
  • Nadiae89
    Options
    You're closer to being married as a single person than you would be if you were with the wrong guy right now. You just haven't found him yet, it will happen when it's meant to. I'm 23, almost 24 and I'm not even close either but I'm not worried. I think that once you meet the right guy, marriage could happen fairly quickly.
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ewwww.... no! Enjoy it while you can. (Says the single 41 year old) Hahaha!
  • jasonr1009
    jasonr1009 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    im just gonna drop some gospel and tell it like it is.

Live it up..... date MANY women. Go out, have fun, experience, explore, experiment. Find EXACTLY what you want..... and when you do dont ever let it go.

If you can do that, age is not a number and you will be just fine.
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    NO