Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options
I get a lot of my exercise when I walk my dogs. I was just wondering what type of dogs you all have and if you walk them as part of your daily excercise.

I have to beagle girls, Molly and Vazzle. Both are rescues from shelters. Vazzle has a funny name but that is what her previous owners named her. They LOVE to go for walks of course.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I have a Beagle :) His name is Fred, best breed of dog EVER!
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i have 2 bichon frises alfie and lola and at the min we have 6 little puppies as lola had 5 girls and 1 boy afew days ago!
  • Cheryl1018
    Options
    Yay! Another beagle lover :)
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Boxer
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Yay! Another beagle lover :)
    Most definitely :) I need to upload a picture of my baby, I'll do that when I get home tonight!
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Pit bull and dachshund....from rescues....water babies, they LOVE the pool!!!
  • randomgirlusa
    randomgirlusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    yorkie <3
  • KP5555
    KP5555 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bird dog.... He is half Brittney/half German short hair pointer...
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Shiba Inu named Kaya & a Pug named Genji (both females) - couldn't get two more different dogs if I tried again. The Shiba is always on the move and the Pug..... not so much :laugh:
  • InsanityFringe
    Options
    Black Lab called Shadow! I've got a pic of him uploaded :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have a German Shepherd we named Pepper. We acquired him back in March when some asshats abandoned him at the end of our road the day before a snow storm! :mad: :noway: He was quite fortunate to adopt us. :heart:

Oh, and to answer the OP's question: We take him on 2.5-3.5 mile walks daily in addition to our regular gym going. He LOVES his walks. He is such a spazz. I honestly think he sleeps because he has to. If he had a choice he'd just play 24/7. :heart:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm a mutt kind of person. I love lab mixes....they are THE BEST DOGS! Our last one was lab/pit bull mix. LOVED him. If we get another one....ever....it'll be a lab mix again.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Currently do not own a dog, will in a few years.

I have a soft spot for Shetland Sheepdogs.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Two Miniature Schnauzers. They are my life, my kids. As I am increasing my exercise I am beginning to incorporate them more. Going for longer walks and play :) I think they'll be essential in my weight loss.

Love them so much :)
  • Shelleybean29
    Shelleybean29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a miniature schnauzer. She is curled up in my lap right now. She is the best dog!! Love her!!
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am the owner of a German Pincher and her name is Penni!
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    tri color border collie named Shiela
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Shiba Inu named Kaya & a Pug named Genji (both females) - couldn't get two more different dogs if I tried again. The Shiba is always on the move and the Pug..... not so much :laugh:

I love shiba's :) my two dogs are so different too. I have a Shiba Inu named Juno and a lab/shar-pei mix named Maggie. They are pretty awesome dogs!
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't have any dogs at the moment, but my best little girl was an Australian Cattle Dog / Shepherd mix. She's my profile pic everywhere I go online. Damned near killed me when she passed away at 13 years old.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Bernese Mountain Dog pups (almost 7 months old) and I walk them every day - we're keeping each other fit.