Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    German Shepar/Husky mix named Dixie
    Yorkshire Terrier named Teddy Bear
    Long Haired Chihuahua named Pita.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I used to have a pit bull....best dog ever, may she rest in peace :(
  • ningggsm
    ningggsm Posts: 202
    Options
    A blue-nose pitbull. He's huge and looks hella' mean, but he's really a sweetheart. Never thought I'd be a dog lover, but I love my Smokey boy. :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    In my life, I've had a whiter German shepherd (that we suspected might have been crossed with coyote), a terrier mix, a German shepherd/husky mix, temporary custody of my grandfather's wheaton (sp?) terrier, a chihuahua and now I have a miniature pinscher.

I love great Danes and Irish wolfhounds, but my life right now doesn't fit with a large breed.
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 year old "Jackinese" - jack russell - pekingese mix. He is my baby & he goes on a lot of my walks with me, I can't take him if its early in the morning because he barks at anything that resembles a dog...lol.
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Rhodesian Ridgeback - a princess we've had since she was 9 weeks old.

Boston Terrier - a rescue we got when he was about 18 months. He had twice been rejected by families, the last time because he was too high energy. Perfect for a Ridgeback to have as a playmate.

They are so fun together. 70 pounds and 20 pounds makes for a riot, particularly since the 20 pound Boston is higher in the pack order.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Bichon! Sidney.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Jack Russell Terrorist - Maximus Decimus Meridius (Max)
  • ningggsm
    ningggsm Posts: 202
    Options
    I used to have a pit bull....best dog ever, may she rest in peace :(

Aw. Sorry to hear. :( May she rest in peace.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Duke-Lab/Great Dane mix & Reina-Boxer/Pit mix. Both are rescues from the city shelter, amazing dogs. When its nice out I take lots of walks with them...(not both at once though!)
  • FoodyGal
    Options
    I have a German Shepherd! Lots and lots and lots of walking! :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 year old Weimaraner called Max. He's gorjus and he knows it, but can be a bit fussy about new places, smells, things. He's a great running buddy, impossible to tire out! He only barks when it's feeding time, and we've come back in from the garden, or if there's someone at the door, but he really really hates bicyles.

And I have a 1 year old cocker spaniel called Mini. It was supposed to a "big dog, little dog" pairing, but our vet remarked the other day that she's the biggest cocker he'd ever seen! She has quite unusual black and tan "teddy bear" markings. Every day is like Christmas Day, and she is full of energy and excitement. She also has the most amazing range of vocal sounds, almost like different words for things or feelings. She is very bright, and I am doing obedience classes with her at the minute, aiming to do agility training in the spring.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have a Bernese Mountain Dog who refuses to walk. When she gets a certain distance from home, she sits and refuses to go any further. Apparently, she doesn't like leaving the kids! (This is a good thing that she loves the kids, but I wish she would walk with me!)
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i have an awesome 1 year old Siberian husky named Oliver or Ollie :)
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have an old Dane girl. Her spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. She still gets excited when I put on my shoes, but she can only go a mile or two, so I drop her off back at home after the first loop and have to be very careful to keep her cool. Before her, I had an female Akbash and male German Shorthair - both could go all day (and into the night for the GSP)
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I have a papillion and a true mutt. The papillion is 11 years old anf the pupp is 11 months old. I adopted her fomr the Humane Society. She was very abused but now LOVES people and I am trying to train her to NOT jump on people....

I will try to post a photo (I think I am banned for 30 days bythe mods from putting up pictures...

IMAG0597.jpg

The above is Molly...11 months old

IMG_20110414_201123.jpg

and this is Misty...my Papillion.

They are both great, pups.
  • ckerrcanchaser
    Options
    A corgi / blue heeler mix named Sassy :)
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    IMG_0752_zps4451284c.jpg

This is my dog Rooney. She is a boxer/hound mix. We rescued her from the animal shelter and she is the best dog ever! I can not even say the word "walk" in front of her unless I am prepared to take her. She is currently doing the Couch 2 5K with me. We got up at 5am this morning to do it. I LOVE MY DOGGY!
  • ajeska
    ajeska Posts: 9
    Options
    I have 2 Rescue Mastiff Mixes

4yr old Female named Delta (mastiff/ German shepherd)
    6 month old Male named Odin (Mastiff/Lab I also think he might have some Great Dane in there : ))

They are both the perfect dogs. When we are outside they play hard and when we are inside they love hard!
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have a beagle mix. He has beagle coloring, beagle nose and beagle appetite....not sure what the rest of him consists of. He's a joy!