Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Presa Canarios... this is one of our pups from out last litter, hes 13 weeks old now. I have 8 Presa's here right now :) We go on hikes though the mountains almost daily.

218507_495612810473716_1910362908_o.jpg
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Collie/Lab she is a rescue and about 12 months old. She loves to run with us, but is still learning to walk/run nice on leash and not chase geese or other animals. lol
  • Happyhealthyliz90
    Happyhealthyliz90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    <
    !112 lbs black lab bullmastiff mix! And a beagle
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Collies! We have 4 so they get to rotate on who gets to (they say have to) walk with me. Some really seem to enjoy it, others act like we are on the death march!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Our dog is a chocolate lab/shepard mix. She's getting old though, it's depressing. Our next dog will be a beagle. :)
  • mrsrobinsonlauraj
    mrsrobinsonlauraj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thought we had a beagle until she sprouted legs. Our best guess is that she is a Treeing Walker Coonhound. VERY energetic and VERY loving.
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I recentrly adopted Jesse a 2 year old lab/chow mix. She has decided she is my personal trainer. Every day requires a minimum 1 mile walk (even in the rain). Most days require a 3 mile run.

We also have Eli, the 14 year old Italian Greyhound, and a 9 year old Shiba Inu, named GinGin. They both LOVE the daily exercise, but have no interest in insisting on them until Jesse does. Then, they just reap the benefits of her persistence.
  • frixtine
    frixtine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have a siberian husky named Squishbob Patrickpants. No... I did not name him... my son did!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Presa Canarios... this is one of our pups from out last litter, hes 13 weeks old now. I have 8 Presa's here right now :) We go on hikes though the mountains almost daily.

Wow! What a beautiful dog, the paws on that puppy are crazy.
  • leiloob
    leiloob Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had a Bichon for 17 years. Now we have a rescued Pit Bull....Leiloo!!! She is the sweetest dog in the world
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    We have a 2 year old Border Collie/Black Lab mix that rescued us... She is so funny... She springs to live the minute you put on work out clothes and tennis shoes... and pouts if you don't take her on a walk/run...
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options

What a gorgeous dog! I am a huge dog lover and thought I knew every breed. Never heard of this one he's a sweetie.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have a beagle too! His name is Simon and he is 7 years young.. I adopted him just in September. I definitely get outside more now that I have him. Probably 2 walks per day for 15 minutes and he is always nose down sniffing away.

Next dog I get will be a bigger one.. I don't really have a breed preference but I want a rescue mutt at the pound, just 60 lbs and a girl! But my boyfriend right now says no more animals.. 1 dog, 2 cats, a snake and a lizard are enough for now.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have two dogs. One is a big sheltie mix. We are not sure what he is mixed with. The second we think is a sheltie/daschund mix. They are both rescues so it's really just a guess. They are both active dogs that need to be walked every day. They also run with me. They are awesome running buddies. They run all year long with me. Their longest run this year was 11 miles. My vet has checked them out and approved them for distance running. I just mention this because a lot of people are shocked by how many miles my dogs do.

We also foster for a local rescue group and right now we are fostering a 14 pound yorkie mix.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have a Beagle :) His name is Fred, best breed of dog EVER!

Beagles are AWESOME! My Boomer passed away almost 2 years ago. Still miss him.

We now have a German Shepherd 8 month old "puppy" (it's hard to call something 60+ pounds a puppy) and an almost 13 year old Hienz 57 Terrier mix we got from a rescue shelter. When the Terrier passes we will probably get a second German Shepherd.

On a side note, we also recently took my aunt & uncles cat as they were moving and could not take it. I also put feed out for the dder and turkey, etc.. around our house. I love having all animals around. Nice to watch 6-9 does feed each night and a rather large buck has appeared lately as well.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    We have a 4-year-old female Great Dane named Sequoia--she used to be in my ticker but now I have ski season on the brain!

She's a super-sweet dog around the house, but a little socially inept and she'll chase anything little that runs away from her. We love her so so so much! I don't run with her because her manners on the leash aren't fantastic, but we live on a fairly big lot so when she gets a case of the zoomies, look out! She is crazy fast and jumps over the 3-foot-wall that separates our upper yard from the lower yard with hardly any effort!
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    half lab/half american bulldog. i'll put her in my profile pic. she's the doggie love of my life. best walking partner, camping partner, protector, just a sweet-natured, happy girl.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Gracie is a foxhound mutt mix. SWEET, sweet dog. Not too bright.
    Untitled_zps2ced40d6.jpg
    Chewy is a heeler lab mix. Color and temperment of a heeler, size of a lab.
    Untitled_zps527cb556.jpg
  • Gurlyknockout
    Gurlyknockout Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have two pittys (pit bulls)!! Athena 13yrs and Jezabelle 7yrs I have had them both since they where 3mos old. They are my first children and still are. They love walks and car rides. The 13yrs old is unable to go for walks now due to her hips going out. So she gets to stay inside on her bed eatting yummys all the time. :smile:
  • ambskiii
    ambskiii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a yellow lab, she's a sweetheart. Her name is Bailey. I also have a Cockapoo named Bella. :) Couldn't ask for anything better.