Craziest thing you ever ate.

Options
I had a hamburger with chocolate covered bacon, and cheese...sandwiched in between a Krispie Kream doughnut....fair food. This weekend is the Food Truck Festival...I love trying different food combinations...just need to walk about 5 miles before doing it.

Replies

• WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Ate fried frog legs at a Chinese buffet once just to say I did. They weren't life-threateningly awful, but I won't eat them again. Besides, I'm avoiding buffets, now. :-)
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Did this thread awhile back and got some fun responses.

Lots of things for me...

Peanut Butter Burger
    Bacon Sundae
    Bacon Maple Bar
    Maple Bacon Ale
    Whiskey Maple Bacon Crack Ice Cream
    Chocolate Covered Bacon
    Fried Twinkies
    Fried Reeses
    Fried Snickers
    Frog Legs
    Alligator
    Sweet Breads (Not actually bread....)
    Fois Groix (sp?)
    Head Cheese
    Steak & Kidney Pie
    Stewed Goat
    Limburger Cheese
  • Icedancer94
    Options
    A drink made with orange and fruits Oasis, Coca-Cola, water, with some sort of crumbled crisps and Haribo jelly heart sweets... but that's truth or dare for ya :-D
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Frogs legs, pigeon, wild boar, and caribou.And at Luke...Fried Twinkies, I'd give 'em a try:wink:
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and tuna sandwich..never again
  • ebonypixie
    ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Dog Food
    Snails
    Grass
    Bark
    Flowers
    I also used to chew on my hair when I was little and stuff fluff up my nose LOL
  • nana_pancakes
    nana_pancakes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    snails, soap or horse meat :cry: I SWEAR I HAD NO IDEA even though it was actually quite delicious
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    I stuffed squid with scrammbled egg and it was amazing. Deep fried whole white bait is amazing aswell but the fish monger thought i was after bait.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    i recently ate crocodile, it was meat from the tail tasted like chicken lol but smelt like fish a bit weird, wouldnt have it again.
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My son made me a sandwich on Mother's Day when he was 5 (he's almost 21 now). He toasted the bread, spread raspberry jam on one side, tuna on the other, and in the middle he placed leftover pasta bake from the night before. It was laid out on the prettiest piece of fabric he could find, with flowers all around it, and the proud and excited expression on his face as he watched me eat every mouthful was too priceless to ruin by gagging.

I have kept the recipe to give to his kids for Fathers Day sometime in the future.

Wil
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    cat biscuits
    dog buscuits
    chocolate covered brussel sproats
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My son made me a sandwich on Mother's Day when he was 5 (he's almost 21 now). He toasted the bread, spread raspberry jam on one side, tuna on the other, and in the middle he placed leftover pasta bake from the night before. It was laid out on the prettiest piece of fabric he could find, with flowers all around it, and the proud and excited expression on his face as he watched me eat every mouthful was too priceless to ruin by gagging.

I have kept the recipe to give to his kids for Fathers Day sometime in the future.

Wil

That's ridiculously cute and hilarious.
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That is the new thing...bacon and chocolate. I saw an episode of Paula Dean when she made a delicious bacon cheeseburger and put it on a donut. She said she just thought of that in the morning...hahahaha... I would have to say olives and ice cream, many years ago.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Lamb brain.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing I probably ate (before being a vegetarian) was alligator. We bought some to try at Gatorland when we were in Florida.

Oh, and catfood....but I was only 5 or so when I did that.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Gator tail
    'possum
    Snapping turtle
    eel
    pop rocks <~~~~ just plain weird!
  • Maredip
    Maredip Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Deep fried oreos.... I dont even like oreos, but I tried them at a festival last year.. Things should NOT be able to taste that good. So yes, that is my 1 weird thing, and the one thing I do allow myself, once a year....
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Camel

Emu

Snake

Shark(not that nice really)

Kangaroo(its actually quite good)
  • LaTishaJones
    Options
    At a super bowel party one year I ate bbq goat, deer and bear amongst some other weird things. They actually did not taste bad. I tried them because my uncles dared me. I have also had fried pickles at a fair. Which is good for me because I am not a pickle fan.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Alligator. Can't remember how it tasted, and it was in a tasty sauce. Really bony.