Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Craziest thing you ever ate.

Replies

• Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Reading this post I realized it is weird, but oddly enough, never thought so before now...

Dog Food. Never wet, but all different kinds of dry. I like to taste what I'm giving my dogs. To be honest, I liked the Carob Chip Cookies and would probably steal some from them in a pinch. LMFAO

Such a fatass answer. I love myself :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    At a super bowel party one year I ate bbq goat, deer and bear amongst some other weird things. They actually did not taste bad. I tried them because my uncles dared me. I have also had fried pickles at a fair. Which is good for me because I am not a pickle fan.

Deer is nice, very low in fat, high in protein, better than beef
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    I'm too grossed out by things so different. I'd love to but I know I won't get it past my lips without throwing it back. Sorry, I'm such a party pooper. Grossed out thing I ate was steak, hate the texture of steak. I can't imagine eating head cheese or snails or, yuck...my stomach is turning now...Love to try a fried twinkie though.
  • b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Goat brains... I was in India, it seemed like a good thing to do.
  • Frog + seaweed soup

Boiled pupa of some insect

30450485.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Mussels. I'm terribly unadventurous.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Haggis
    Balut (sooooo nasty, sorry Filippinos!)
    Snake
    Cow heart
    Brain butter
    Calf tongue
    Oxblood soup
    Foie gras (gag)
    Rocky Mountain Oysters

When I was younger and, shall we say, incapacitated, for a dare, I took the bar mat shot-you know, whatever liquid the bartenders spilled in the mat was poured in to a shot glass and I drank it. For $20.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Mussels. I'm terribly unadventurous.

lol

I lvoe them
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Armadillo. Used to eat it often. Got it at a kitchen in the back of a Mexican market in Birmingham, AL. Had it at least a couple dozen times. Don't ever do this. Armadillo can carry leprosy, and there is NO safe source to get armadillo for consumption. It tasted great, and I will never eat it again. The only armadillo farm in the US is in Teas, and it is not for food.
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 131 Member
    Cuban blood sausage. Had a hard time getting past the coagulated consistency! Not one I will try again.
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    I couldn't do it, but my little brother loves to eat Mustard on his Vanilla Ice Cream *GAG*.

I am utterly boring when it comes to trying things, but the weirdest for ME was eel, YUCK! NEVER EVER AGAIN.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Haggis
    Balut (sooooo nasty, sorry Filippinos!)
    Snake
    Cow heart
    Brain butter
    Calf tongue
    Oxblood soup
    Foie gras (gag)
    Rocky Mountain Oysters

This....never again...very traumatic experience

When I was younger and, shall we say, incapacitated, for a dare, I took the bar mat shot-you know, whatever liquid the bartenders spilled in the mat was poured in to a shot glass and I drank it. For $20.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Some people think alligator and crawfish are crazy… two of my favorite foods to make meals out of!
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Onion Ring... or so I thought was at Jimmy Chungs..

Turned out to be a deep fried Octopus ring in batter.

I am not ashamed to say I spat it back out everywhere...

Oh and people will think Haggis is strange, but I love haggis!
    Amazing... haha!
  • Varmint Stew at a Wild Game Dinner at my church..Don't ask what they may have thrown in that stew..I don't eat much meat anymore...
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Shark Fin soup ... in Taiwan. It was really good till I ask my husband what was floating in the main soup bowl I had taken my cup from....I thought "Shark Fin Soup" was just the name .... LOL....
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    I forgot to add Elk and Wild Boar to my list.
  • Peanutbutter flavored toasted squid- on a stick. The only "weird" thing I ate when we lived in s. Korea
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    shark jerky. and octopus. thats about the craziest i get. lol
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Tuna Tar Tar... which is basically raw Tuna... It doesn't sound that adventurous, but it was for me :p