Living together AFTER marriage....

oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
AWKWARD!

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I couldn't agree more. Thank GOD for divorce!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yea. I'm *this* close to kicking the husband out.

He snores and steals the covers. That's grounds for divorce.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

I snore & steal the covers... am I out too?
  • oregonzoo

I do this when I drink.
    So we're all in trouble ladies.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes, but you girls have ladyparts. So you're in the clear.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    I lived with my ex wife (1st marriage) about a month after our divorce and we were steal decent friends for a few years after that....until she borrowed money from me and never paid me back...lol

edit...oh wait...I think I totally misread the post..haha
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    It can be a big adjustment. It's not easy. It's WORK. But just like everything else, the amount of work you put into it = what you get out of it.
    I love having a best friend to cuddle up in front of a movie on chilly evenings, rub my back after a rough night at work, share silly inside jokes, plenty of sex!, and he's the first to high five me when I'm excited about my accomplishments. I love living with my hubby.
  • oregonzoo
    I lived with my ex wife (1st marriage) about a month after our divorce and we were steal decent friends for a few years after that....until she borrowed money from me and never paid me back...lol

edit...oh wait...I think I totally misread the post..haha

hahaha no actually I MEANT it the way you read it.
    My ex and I did for about 9 months! EEK!
    However, I'm glad we did. Because I think we get along better than a lot of divorced people.. We had no choice.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    I am soooo glad that I moved in with my SO 3 years ago...still not married....but when we get married...it won't change cuz we already got used to each others crappy habits!

I think divorce rates are high because people move in together after marriage!
  • rickthexpreacher
    rickthexpreacher Posts: 57 Member
    Nah. Vastly overrated. All the fun's gone now the marriage is an actuality.. Do a runner and start off somewhere else under a different name. Start again. I have been doing this for 45 years.
  • oregonzoo
    Nah. Vastly overrated. All the fun's gone now the marriage is an actuality.. Do a runner and start off somewhere else under a different name. Start again. I have been doing this for 45 years.

I'm usually pretty quick, but I have no idea what in the name of Ben and Jerry this means.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    I am soooo glad that I moved in with my SO 3 years ago...still not married....but when we get married...it won't change cuz we already got used to each others crappy habits!

I think divorce rates are high because people move in together after marriage!
    I feel the same way, I dated my fiance for 6 years before he proposed, and I have been living with him for 2 years so far...so I already know what to expect after our wedding, we are so used to living with eachother now :) I don't mind it actually...we get along very well.
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Just out of curiousity, did you have your maid of honor advise you to run away? Because my best man made it very clear what I should have done.
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    I got you beat. I lived with my ex for 13 months after we decided it was over. I wish we became better friends but not so.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    only if we're still allowed to do the hibbity-bibbity
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    I know !! Who came up with this idea..
    Thank god for King size bed
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    I think it's so funny when we teach our childrens that when you get married everything is "peaches/cream and roses" BULL$H!T-it is work to make a marriage work-everyday. I have been married 26 years and I and he have had to work at it-but we have not given up-we have been through a DUI ($10,000 cost for that mistake of his), cancer, 5 children, bankruptcy, him developing diabetes, deaths of our parents....many, many other things. We live today in such a "throw-away" society that it seems its easier to throw it away than to fix it. I must be too old school for that
  • oregonzoo
    I think it's so funny when we teach our childrens that when you get married everything is "peaches/cream and roses" BULL$H!T-it is work to make a marriage work-everyday. I have been married 26 years and I and he have had to work at it-but we have not given up-we have been through a DUI ($10,000 cost for that mistake of his), cancer, 5 children, bankruptcy, him developing diabetes, deaths of our parents....many, many other things. We live today in such a "throw-away" society that it seems its easier to throw it away than to fix it. I must be too old school for that
    Well that's just fantastic for you.
    I really hope someday if I've been married I have a happier disposition to show for it.

Again you like most missed the point of this thread, it was kind of a spoof.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    People LIVE together after they're married?

...oops.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    lmao! Love this :heart: Sadly living together AFTER marriage is proving to be harder than the before