Requesting all your healthy soup recipes!

Options

Replies

• Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    adding this to my topics ... :happy:
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    These soups sound incredible! Thanx for sharing, can't wait to try!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    BUMP
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    Bump
  • TLBrown316
    TLBrown316 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hollie704
    Hollie704 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Saving for later as I need some good soup recipes for the fall.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I make 15-bean soup. I get the actual 15-bean mix of dried beans from Hurst already assembled rather than trying to buy all those different beans. It's easy peasy.

1- Package Hurst's® 15 Bean Soup
    1 lb. fresh ham hocks (you could use ham or smoked sausage, but that will add a lot more fat and sodium)
    1 cup onion, chopped
    1 15 oz. can diced or stewed tomatoes (I use the no salt added kind)
    1 tsp. chili powder
    Juice from 1 lemon
    2 cloves minced garlic
    I add a tsp or so of "NoSalt" in place of salt and about a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp pepper

Traditional Method:
    Soaking- Place beans in a large pot, cover with 2 quarts of water. Allow beans to soak overnight, or at least 8 hours.
    After soaking, drain excess water, and add 2 quarts of fresh water & bring to a rolling boil for 10 minutes (this is needed to remove toxins from beans... a crock pot will NOT do this and it is not safe to cook beans in a crock pot without boiling first)
    Put into crock pot with meat and remaining ingredients.
    Add contents of ham packet (comes with the beans) if you want... I often don't need to because the flavor is really good as is. ... 1 to 2 minutes before cooking is completed. NoSalt and pepper to taste.
  • dmcrary
    Options
    This recipe is a good one and if you want to add some protien add a can of light red kidney beans. YUM
  • misschevious1
    Options
    bump
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Three Cheese Mushroom and Tortellini Soup
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 138 • Fat: 4 g • Carbs: 19.5 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Protein: 7 g • Sugar: 2.5 g
    Sodium: 605 mg (without added salt)

Ingredients:

2 tsp butter
    2 stalks of celery, chopped
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 carrot, peeled & chopped
    2 cloves of garlic, minced
    8 cups fat free chicken broth (vegetable broth for vegetarians)
    2 cups water
    5 oz ****aki mushrooms, sliced
    8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
    1 small Parmigiano Reggiano rind (optional)
    9 oz three cheese tortellini (Buitoni)
    salt to taste
    1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
    Parmigiano Reggiano, grated (optional for topping)

Directions:

In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. When melted, add the celery, onion, carrot and garlic. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.

Add the chicken broth, water, mushrooms, rind and increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. When broth boils, add salt (to taste) and black pepper; stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, simmer until mushrooms are soft, about 20 minutes. Add tortellini and cook according to package directions for al dente.

Once cooked, remove the rind, stir to combine and garnish with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano if desired.

Makes 12 cups.
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Easy Butternut Squash Soup, I forget where I found it honestly.

1 Med Onion
    1 Butternut Squash
    32oz of Chicken Stock (I use low sodium)
    Olive Oil
    Salt & Pepper to taste

The first time I made this recipe I used 1 whole onion, I found the onion to be a bit overpowering so next time I am only going to use half of one.

Peel, chop in half, de-seed and cube the butternut squash. Cut the onion in half (not slivers, I managed to burn some of mine that way, WHOOPS!). Oven at 350, but the squash and onion on a baking sheet with tin foil over it, drizzle with Olive Oil (Or use an olive oil spray, which is what I did) and bake until squash and onion are done.

Heat Chicken Stock on stove till hot (not boiling) Put stock, squash and onion into a blender (I find it works much better than a food processor) and blend until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste, add a dollop of Greek Yogurt if you want to add a bit of kick to it.

It is really easy and super yummy! Use Vegetable Stock if you are Vegetarian. I put that it served 6 people, it had 59 cals/serving, I think that was for about a cup and a half of soup. It is great as a starter for dinner or a side. It is also nummy all on it's own. I put some Tofu in my last little bit (didn't have enough soup for a meal) and it was FANTASTIC!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 Can Soup

1lb Ground Turkey
    1 Can Unsalted Corn
    1 Can Pinto Beans (Or whatever beans you prefer)
    1 Can Unsalted Diced Tomatoes
    1 Can Rotel (you pick your heat)
    1 Can Chicken Stock
    1 Packet Taco seasoning (Or season with Chili Powder, Cyanne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and a bit of Salt)

Cook turkey, drain, add seasoning. Combine everything in the pot you cooked the turkey in (or a crockpot) DO NOT DRAIN THE CANS! Bring to a boil, let sit for 10min simmering. Serve. If you use a crock pot, put on high till hot, then on warm.

We add a dollop of Light Sour Cream and Sometimes Cheese to this soup. It is quick, easy and only about 250 cals a serving if you count it serving 10 people.
  • boopsiegrl
    boopsiegrl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AndieAnderson
    Options
    Bump for dinner ideas for tomorrow :)
  • ursulamajic
    ursulamajic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can I have some currie recipes too PLEASE?!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jen5588
    Jen5588 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile: