Options
    bump
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Bump
    0145528 Posts: 25
    Options
    I tried this this weekend and it was good, everyone in the family loved it. I did apply frosting, but used this recipe for the frosting:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/751314-healthy-chocolate-buttercream-frosting?hl=frosting#posts-11110834

I topped it with fresh sliced strawberries, turned out well. It didn't rise very much though, so may try something to help that out next time.
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I followed the OP's recipe except I shortened the cooking time to 15 minutes. It came out PERFECT! I will definatly be making this again!
  • myaldog
    myaldog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • JenJen0932
    JenJen0932 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Made this for Thanksgiving Day dessert yesterday and it was delicious! No one even suspected that they were eating chicken peas, and I was so pleased to share a gluten-free delight with everyone. I served it with vanilla raspberry ripple frozen yogurt and fresh strawberries and it was just lovely.

It was a teeny bit dry so I think next time I may add some pureed apple or honey and reduce the cooking time by a few minutes.

Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe. :flowerforyou:
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump! Anyone know Cal's/serving?

I was also going to ask the nutritional info.
  • sdalhall
    sdalhall Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump. Sounds great!
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

calories per serving may vary slightly depending on brand used and if you add any tweaks to the recipe. I used muffin tins(12) to make mine, and added protein powder and 2 extra Tbs chips for "frosting" and if I remember correctly the recipe calculator on MFP figured it at 157 each. The recipe calculator is super easy to use and since I almost never make a recipe as posted:blushing: I always have to refigure for my tweaks even if the original poster included it.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump...thanks!!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Trying this out as we speak...
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    bump (im gluten free! im gona try this in a few days!)
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    sounds good. Thanks
  • julzzz4
    julzzz4 Posts: 72
    Options
    :wink:
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options

Scroll up. I posted calories & pictures earlier.
  • theophyl
    Options
    bump
  • karenjewel
    Options
    I made mine last night with a 15 oz size can of garbanzo beans and bittersweet (60% cacao) chocolate chips - 10 oz size. I put in the whole 10 ounces of chips. I shortened the cooking time to 18 minutes and it was perfect. I served it with sliced strawberries on top and a sprinkle of organic coconut. It was very good! Not too sweet, rich, and very filling. I will definitely make it again. The garbanzo beans made it surprisingly moist. I was prepared to add applesauce (which still would be good), but the batter looked so thick and creamy, I skipped it. Also I did do the 3 egg whites and 1 yolk. Thanks again for the recipe---I HAVE to have chocolate!