Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• Cheryl1018
    Options
    Wow, I am such a huge animal lover, it makes me happy to hear how many of you have dogs to share your lives with. What a mixture we all have!!! :heart: :smile:
  • HaySpencer
    Options
    newfie :)
  • sspahn49
    sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Westie my third!! They are precious!!
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    newfie :)

Awww, love newfies
  • Leone51
    Leone51 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me if a Ridgeback would be fine for my husband and I? He is retired and I will be retiring in 6 years.
    We had a beagle 2 years ago and are ready for another dog. Would they be to much energy for us? We of course would walk him every day and have a dog park close by.
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    I have an Australian Cattle Dog and she runs with me. She's my coach and keeps me going, she loves to run so she makes sure that I go too.
  • lookingforsomething
    Options
    14 yo working Border Collie (who no longer works) Zac - the old man just like to sleep and watch the birds these days.
    3 yo pure red merle Aussie shepherd - Cookie Monster - who sometimes lives up to the name of being a monster!
    1 yo pure black tri Aussie shepherd Bundy Bear - who thinks he is the man of the house - but Zac still rules!

Over the rainbow bridge 7 yo rotti x german shepherd - Sasha - looked mean and scary - but would pee on your feet she was so excited to see you. Miss her every day.
  • IWantToNotSuck
    Options
    Rescued Jack Russell mix.... he can run 10 miles with ease, and probably further if I could!
    Also a rescued pit mix... she can't run as far but loves being adventurous on trails!
  • tdhighfill
    tdhighfill Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Boxer

I want a boxer so bad.

I had twins bullmastiffs (aka litter sisters) that we rescued at 2 years old - that have now since gone to the big pet paradise in the sky. my opinion is bigger the better. ours weighed in at 150 and 170..but if it going for a "smaller" dog - boxers rock. Love those faces - and how could one not? bullmastiffs and boxers both have similiar expressions.
    We have been or another pair that needs us to adopt them....and wants to adopt us. The funniest thing about bullmastiffs are they have to be talked into going for a walk. They simply do not like to.
  • tdhighfill
    tdhighfill Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    How do you get you pics in these post?

mystery to me. I cannot figure out how to even change the font.
  • janettenellies
    janettenellies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My family dog (back home) is a golden retriever-collie cross, he is 5 years old and absolutely gorgeous. I love him to bits and I have no idea what our family would be like without him! He loves walking which is great for my exercise too. He's my fluffy little baby. :)
  • debraggery
    Options
    Boxers are the BEST!!! Sorry Beagle-lovers. ;-) I have two boxers and have had at least one for 35 years.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    St. Bernard .. :( 10.5 years old he was .. now deceased.. my bestest and most beloved Stoli! :heart: RIP my precious!

What a lover .. 151 lbs in his prime
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Bernese Mountain Dog..... George.
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    We've got 3 (plus a cat!) Otis is our French bull dog/ Boston Terrier mix, then Diego our Chihwawa weener dog mix, and Hifie our Min Pin. Then there's Sophie the kitty cat. Poor thing. I can take the Frenchie/terrier and chiweenie for runs, but Hifie overheats.
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have a beautiful Bernese Mountain dog named Ollie. I'm pretty in love with him, and yes, he comes on a lot of my walks with me :)

nawh_zps00908c87.jpg
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    A pit bull, that no matter how many walks or runs we go on, it is never enough! This is the first one we have had, and although she was an absolute sweet heart at the humane society, I never would have guessed what an athlete she would end up being.

Kelsey1.jpg

*edited image size

OMGosh she is so adorable. I wish I could have one but i heard they don't like cats (aka, doggie squeaky toys). :-) I have two cats but in the spring I am getting another Golden Retriever. Can't wait they are such sweet gentle dogs.
  • gooy_gooy37
    gooy_gooy37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We always had dogs eversince I was young. I had the opportunity to take care of dogs with different breeds but the dog I have now is a Beagle.....
  • eliaslizbeth
    eliaslizbeth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old pug. I just started with myfitnesspal today. I am a newbie. So far I am very excited about using this website to lose weight.
  • emilyia
    Options
    A Welsh Corgi :)