Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Chorkie! Half chihuahua, half Yorkie, all adorable! Her name is Kimber (yes, like the gun manufacturer.)

The last year I lived with my parents they got an extra-min pin :laugh: He is very, very small, but he doesn't know that!
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I grew up with two big German Shepherds, long hair, pedigree type dogs. Never bred them, though it would have been easy with a boy and a girl lol. Max and Nina :) Nina is still around, she'll be 13 in January. She's getting up there and I'm preparing myself for her passing, because I know it's coming soon. She's been depressed since Max died a couple of years ago. I still think about that dog and cry because he was the best dog anyone could ask for. I loved him so much. I've had them since I was 7, so I literally grew up with them. They are the most beautiful, loving, caring creatures in the world, German Shepherds.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    She's a needy, itchy/scratchy, tree-climbing freak - she's Zoe, my crazy Catahoula Leopard dog. :D (And they're allergic to everything...)
  • Maria_T007
    Options
    German Short hair pointer...name Hank.. closest to a son ill ever get..he's family!
  • RiversideBabe
    RiversideBabe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My furry best friend is name is Eva (eeeevvaaa like in Wall-e, haha). She is half pitbull and siberian husky. She has one blue eye and one brown eye. She helps me find motivation to get out there and walk! She is an awesome cuddle buddy too :happy:
  • Arismar2022
    Arismar2022 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We have a miniature Schnauzer and her name is Tina. She is very shy and cute!!!
  • dallasfloyd
    Options
    I have a Miniature Lab, My baby girl is named Pepper. Shes only 23lbs..
  • jenncazares
    Options
    English Bulldog- who thinks he's the Bullgod
  • MRSCHAZZY
    MRSCHAZZY Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i have a beagle named chocolate. hes 8 and hes so funny!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Two Airedale Terriers (Bear & Jill) & a Greyhound, ex racer (Brook). All rescues.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    1 Shar-Pei named Max
    1 Bedlington terrior-Poodle named Charlie
    1 Black labrador named Sammy (pain in my *kitten*)

Sammy is really hard to walk as she is still in the big puppy stage. I usually take Charlie because he's small. I occasionally take Max, but he seems to get wore out very easily which sucks because he's a great walker.

I REALLY want a Great Dane!
  • tomdVT
    tomdVT Posts: 30
    Options
    Holly is a Doberman. :smile:
  • Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    Bloodhound named Lou. She loves walks but tends to follow her nose instead of me. I think she think's her name is Dammit Lou :smile:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I have a sheltie/basenji mix named William Wallace. You can end the thread now.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    bump for future reference.

i hope to transition from hopeful future dog owner to running poodle owner! (or any other breed that is allergy-friendly and can jog!)

- - -

ETA: THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I have an Australian Cattle Dog (aka Blue Heeler) named Yarra. We got her from the shelter, and she's likely a mix, but she's the sweetest dog ever.

I used to take her for runs, but since school started, I don't have someone to watch the baby while I go, and it doesn't work (for me) to run with both. I need to find some way to get out with her a couple times a week, though, because she loves the exercise.
  • AudreyinNC
    Options
    I dont walk them, we live in the country and we go outside and play frisbee or go hunting. I have 2 old Boxers, 2 Cane Corso mastiffs and 4 Long haired Dachshunds. NOW you can end the thread. LOL
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a beagle (Sadie), a chihuahua (Chupie), and two Chi/Chinese Crested mixes (Reesie and Paris). They walk with me a lot. The beagle is a little overweight, so we have to take breaks for her ;)
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    1 Standard Schnauzer 528751_450240158348652_183745899_n.jpg

1 Australian Shepherd mix 45685_144114132295639_8121438_n.jpg
  • kelseylou
    kelseylou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We have a female blue merle pomeranian named Yvaine (ee-vane) after the movie Stardust. She's a year old as of July. We also have a male pekingese named Cai who will be approximately 2 this November. He's a rescue, so we just gave him a birthday. :) Love them! Now that it's cooler, I may be able to take them on walks with me, but Cai is prone to heat stroke and in Louisiana, I wouldn't risk it! I know Yvaine would love walking with me.

Yvaine:
    152gho2.jpg

Cai:
    qsmo78.jpg