Replies

• lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of mom jeans.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    If it's cold enough I wear skinny jeans, nothing else fits into boots as well as skinny ones.

f2.jpg
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    After a csection, no matter how small I get - and I am back to my prepreg size now - the same cuts at my waist don't fit the same any more. I need a higher waisted jean or the way my belly goes down to my csection scar is just ugly fail. To compensate I wear longer shirts so you don't see the top of the jeans, because I don't really like how long waisted ones look - I just don't have much of a choice. I -am- careful how the pockets angle to make my butt look and I cannot for the life of my stand jeans that taper at my ankles - I look ridiculous in them. I prefer pants that have a little bit of a bell bottom look to them - I'm an exagerated hourglass figure and I don't look...oddly balanced otherwise.

I am hopeful that when I lose more wait the shelf the scar gives me goes down enough that I won't need the high waisted jeans, but for now, mom-jean or not, I don't really have a choice.

This for me, too. Sadly, I have to wear high-waist. I hate how it's called 'high waist'.. when it goes to my natural waist.
    If you're wearing jeans that sit on the hip and go under the belly button, it's not normal. They look good though on thin/toned people.. so maybe one day I'll be happy to slide into the not normal category though :P I'm careful of how my *kitten* looks with the pockets, and I don't go for skinny leg that's too baggy. Until then, I wear the right sort of top for my shape, and nobody notices how long the zip is or where the jeans sit on me.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I loved your blog. Since I'm over 50, I read the posting about your mother's search for non-mom jeans. Awesome!
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    I don't get it at all. I wear mom jeans. I like mom jeans. And for the life of me and I can't understand HOW they became unfashionable. I go to the mall and see the muffin tops and the awkward looking bodies and I don't understand WHY people like the jeans that are popular today.

Honestly, I thought the problem was the obesity epidemic. I thought girls had just gotten THAT lumpy and their figures had gotten THAT unnatural and it was a health problem. I thought that the reason the girls looked frumpy in their jeans was because of some really horrible changes in our country's food. I thought maybe hormones in foods caused young girls and women to have muffin tops and scrawny thighs and droopy butts and awkwardly large rolls of fat hovering on top of their waist bands.

And then I went shopping for jeans.

It isn't the girls/women. It is the pants! Hardly anyone can wear those low rise jeans with the button flap pockets and the too long, wide leg pants legs and not look weird.

High waist. Modest sized non-pocket-flapped pockets. Zippers that don't end right where the stomach bulge (if you have one) starts. Tapered legs.

This is what I want.

I agree that I hate jeans that stretch out after an hour. That part is right on. And the part about the way too big, wide spaced pockets, I'll go with that, too.

But I thought some of the jeans that the blogger declared horrible were the best looking.

I'm a national embarrassment, perhaps, but I want my stomach covered, even if it means a longer zipper. And I don't want details on my butt that call attention to the wrong angles.

I'm betting that in 20 years, if that blog post is still out there, people will read it and howl.

Great post!!

Like you, I find it more horrifying to see women wearing jeans that give them a HORRIFYING muffin top. Sometimes I wonder about the women like this mom who wrote the post...she's in her 20's still...so...as far as the attitude goes for her (and her circle of friends) to be horrified by mom jeans, it makes sense. They'll get to a point in their lives where they'd rather wear the mom jeans then have the muffin top. Just saying.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I wear Gap Long and Lean and they do NOT look like mom jeans on me. I have a 36 inch inseam, and they sit on my hips, still below my waist. Not every pair of jeans are supposed to fit every body type. For one I can't stand ultra low rise jeans that show buttcrack and pubic bones. Happy medium people, happy medium.

I LOVE Gap Long and Lean! I have a 28' inseam (and that's being generous). They fit just where they should. Definitely not mom jeans and also not middle-aged-woman-trying-to-be-a-teen jeans.

These jeans are one of my proudest NSVs. I check the local Goodwill every month or so for jeans. I'm not going to pay full price, especially when I'm still losing. In mid-June my size 6 Curvy Bootcut jeans were getting saggy and baggy so I tried on size 4 Long and Lean. They gave me an awful muffin top and squeezed my thighs. I went back to working out and watching my calories for another month. I went back in mid-July and found the exact same pair of jeans. And tried them on again. And they fit like they were made for me. I almost had a breakdown in the Goodwill dressing room.
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    I don't get it at all. I wear mom jeans. I like mom jeans. And for the life of me and I can't understand HOW they became unfashionable. I go to the mall and see the muffin tops and the awkward looking bodies and I don't understand WHY people like the jeans that are popular today.

Honestly, I thought the problem was the obesity epidemic. I thought girls had just gotten THAT lumpy and their figures had gotten THAT unnatural and it was a health problem. I thought that the reason the girls looked frumpy in their jeans was because of some really horrible changes in our country's food. I thought maybe hormones in foods caused young girls and women to have muffin tops and scrawny thighs and droopy butts and awkwardly large rolls of fat hovering on top of their waist bands.

It isn't the girls/women. It is the pants! Hardly anyone can wear those low rise jeans with the button flap pockets and the too long, wide leg pants legs and not look weird.

High waist. Modest sized non-pocket-flapped pockets. Zippers that don't end right where the stomach bulge (if you have one) starts. Tapered legs.

This is what I want.

I agree that I hate jeans that stretch out after an hour. That part is right on. And the part about the way too big, wide spaced pockets, I'll go with that, too.

But I thought some of the jeans that the blogger declared horrible were the best looking.

I'm a national embarrassment, perhaps, but I want my stomach covered, even if it means a longer zipper. And I don't want details on my butt that call attention to the wrong angles.

I'm betting that in 20 years, if that blog post is still out there, people will read it and howl.

Totally Agree! People who wear stuff simply because that's what the fashion pages say and not what looks good on them, usually look like *kitten* lol. Love Gloria Vanderbilt tall jeans fit whether it's 'I'm' or not. But that may be the confidence that comes with age and being comfortable in your own skin ( or jeans:) rather than worrying about wearing the hottest labels.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I dont even know if I wore mom jeans when they came out, probably didnt. I saw what they looked like on my mom. Just for my own comfort, I need to ask my daughter if I ever wore any. I liked super baggy jeans back in the day, and I always wore men baggy jeans, so those werent "moms". But I was told I needed to get more feminin in my looks and to wear tighter jeans, so no matter what you do I guess you need to improve?
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Having looked over all those pictures of jeans on that woman and seen women of all sizes, ages, and shapes wearing jeans in real life, I have come to the conclusion that jeans on a woman are like sweat pants on a woman - hideous.

The worse offenders are those who buy jeans that are two sizes too small, leaving them with a muffin top.

No, I don't own a pair of jeans. I don't try them on or consider purchasing them because I have yet to see one woman who looks good in them. So why would I think that I would look good in them.

Of course, this is all my personal opinion and we all know what opinions are like, right?
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I really don't care, because it all depends on how good you actual butt looks. If your jeans cover your butt, it is a good thing. Butt crack is toxic and wrong if it sticks out of your jeans. We call it plumber butt and it needs some covering, preferably pants/ jeans. I am 42 and would prefer to wear clothes that does fit and not cause muffin tops or my butt crack showing. Thanks.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Having looked over all those pictures of jeans on that woman and seen women of all sizes, ages, and shapes wearing jeans in real life, I have come to the conclusion that jeans on a woman are like sweat pants on a woman - hideous.

The worse offenders are those who buy jeans that are two sizes too small, leaving them with a muffin top.

No, I don't own a pair of jeans. I don't try them on or consider purchasing them because I have yet to see one woman who looks good in them. So why would I think that I would look good in them.

Of course, this is all my personal opinion and we all know what opinions are like, right?

Interesting. So what do you wear for casual occasions, or knocking around town?
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

This is what I want.

Great post!!

Like you, I find it more horrifying to see women wearing jeans that give them a HORRIFYING muffin top. Sometimes I wonder about the women like this mom who wrote the post...she's in her 20's still...so...as far as the attitude goes for her (and her circle of friends) to be horrified by mom jeans, it makes sense. They'll get to a point in their lives where they'd rather wear the mom jeans then have the muffin top. Just saying.

There are more than two options....you dont have to choose between mom jeans and muffin top. How about a mid rise jean in the correct size? Thats what I do!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    aw hell no! If the zipper is bigger than 2" i don't buy...ugh.
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great, now I'm afraid to put on my jeans.
    LOL!
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    No mom jeans here :drinker:
  • famlyluv
    Options
    If I had a shape like yours I would be rocking the skinny jeans 365!
  • famlyluv
    Options
    If it's cold enough I wear skinny jeans, nothing else fits into boots as well as skinny ones.

f2.jpg
    If I had a shape like yours I would rock skinny jeans 365!
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mom and all I wear is old navy jeans, I have one pair of H&M. I was told just last night that my *kitten* looked hot, I guess my old navy Mom jeans suit me. I will never wear skinny jeans, they won't look good on me, so I guess it's Mom jeans for me :-)
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Burn them all!