5k run times

Options

Replies

• Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just ran my first 5k on Saturday (Walk for Hope through the Phoenix Zoo) in 36:02. My goal was 35 minutes but considering how many hills I encountered, I'm lucky I finished at all! It was so much fun and I hope to improve my time for the next one in 2 weeks.

I think I'm addicted!!! :love:
  • bassgods
    bassgods Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not so much for myself, but I ran a 5K with my 8 year old daughter last weekend. 26:26. That little girl continues to impress me.
  • spotdog14
    Options
    @thebigcb

No I have not, but my normal daily run is 5 miles so I figured 3.1 would be fairly easy.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Its still a very good pace I would imagine.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    My first 5k I weighed 297lbs and finished it in 41.27!

Amazing
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. What a great achievement. I have recently started C25K and and feeling like I might not make it through week 3! :)
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash in May and that was completed in 50:51. This event included a 5k run and 12 obstacles. I just did the Casey Cares Foundation 5k run this past Sunday in the rain, up hill run in 36 minutes.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Not so much for myself, but I ran a 5K with my 8 year old daughter last weekend. 26:26. That little girl continues to impress me.

Um that is freaking awesome! You may be raising a future Olympian!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    My last 5k run was 36 minutes. I'm hoping to knock a minute off that by the end of the month!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k in 42:00. Now I'm doing a C25K program and I have a 5k in November. If I could do it in 36 minutes, I would be happy!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My first 5K (Sept 2009) was just under 40 min, a couple of weeks ago I ran the same race in 26:07
  • kywh
    kywh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Missed getting a sub-30 5k this morning by 1.77 seconds! I will get there soon though. :smile:
  • kywh
    Options
    Congratulations. What a great achievement. I have recently started C25K and and feeling like I might not make it through week 3! :)

You will! Hang in there!!!
  • kywh
    Options
    I'm running in my first 5K this Sunday....so excited (and nervous as well) :wink:

Good luck!!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My 5k PR is 26:20...But, since I have been training for triathlon, my 5K time has gotten worse. The good news is, I can run a lot more miles now. i am training for my first full marathon this coming Feb.
  • judcost
    judcost Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Don't worry, you will. It's an amazing program. I started 2 months ago 3-4 times a week and I'm running my first 5k next sunday.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was sunday and I finished in 31:19 - 64th overall and 7th for women in my age bracket. I am very pleased. My next race I am aiming for under 28 minutes. For spring I have some longer races - a 6K and an 8K.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was actually 3.4 miles (trail run) and I came in at 37 minutes. I have another 5k on the 21st and I am hoping to get in at under 32 minutes :).
  • sarahdangar
    sarahdangar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The only 'race' I have done was a 10K (it was my goal when I stopped smoking!) - 1 hour 7 mins, I felt diappointed but after 4 weeks off running I can't imagine getting there again. Did just over 7K this afternoon in about 47 mins, but that was a mixture of running and walking. Seeing this thread has made me think about actually timing a 5K and then having a 'measurement' and goal to head towards. Seeing your times has also made me realise that I'm not as unfit as I had talked myself into!!

Congrats to all
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is an awesome first race time! My first 5K was like 38 minutes I think. I just got a PR in a 5K about a month ago at 30:29. Now I'm looking to get below 30...gotta love that racing bug! ;)