Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5k run times

Replies

• Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    I just ran my first 5k on Saturday (Walk for Hope through the Phoenix Zoo) in 36:02. My goal was 35 minutes but considering how many hills I encountered, I'm lucky I finished at all! It was so much fun and I hope to improve my time for the next one in 2 weeks.

I think I'm addicted!!! :love:
  • bassgods
    bassgods Posts: 4 Member
    Not so much for myself, but I ran a 5K with my 8 year old daughter last weekend. 26:26. That little girl continues to impress me.
  • @thebigcb

No I have not, but my normal daily run is 5 miles so I figured 3.1 would be fairly easy.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Its still a very good pace I would imagine.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    My first 5k I weighed 297lbs and finished it in 41.27!

Amazing
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Congratulations. What a great achievement. I have recently started C25K and and feeling like I might not make it through week 3! :)
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    I did the Warrior Dash in May and that was completed in 50:51. This event included a 5k run and 12 obstacles. I just did the Casey Cares Foundation 5k run this past Sunday in the rain, up hill run in 36 minutes.
  • Not so much for myself, but I ran a 5K with my 8 year old daughter last weekend. 26:26. That little girl continues to impress me.

Um that is freaking awesome! You may be raising a future Olympian!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    My last 5k run was 36 minutes. I'm hoping to knock a minute off that by the end of the month!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    I ran my first 5k in 42:00. Now I'm doing a C25K program and I have a 5k in November. If I could do it in 36 minutes, I would be happy!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    My first 5K (Sept 2009) was just under 40 min, a couple of weeks ago I ran the same race in 26:07
  • kywh
    kywh Posts: 46 Member
    Missed getting a sub-30 5k this morning by 1.77 seconds! I will get there soon though. :smile:
  • kywh
    Congratulations. What a great achievement. I have recently started C25K and and feeling like I might not make it through week 3! :)

You will! Hang in there!!!
  • kywh
    I'm running in my first 5K this Sunday....so excited (and nervous as well) :wink:

Good luck!!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    My 5k PR is 26:20...But, since I have been training for triathlon, my 5K time has gotten worse. The good news is, I can run a lot more miles now. i am training for my first full marathon this coming Feb.
  • judcost
    judcost Posts: 33 Member

Don't worry, you will. It's an amazing program. I started 2 months ago 3-4 times a week and I'm running my first 5k next sunday.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    My first 5K was sunday and I finished in 31:19 - 64th overall and 7th for women in my age bracket. I am very pleased. My next race I am aiming for under 28 minutes. For spring I have some longer races - a 6K and an 8K.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    My first 5k was actually 3.4 miles (trail run) and I came in at 37 minutes. I have another 5k on the 21st and I am hoping to get in at under 32 minutes :).
  • sarahdangar
    sarahdangar Posts: 43 Member
    The only 'race' I have done was a 10K (it was my goal when I stopped smoking!) - 1 hour 7 mins, I felt diappointed but after 4 weeks off running I can't imagine getting there again. Did just over 7K this afternoon in about 47 mins, but that was a mixture of running and walking. Seeing this thread has made me think about actually timing a 5K and then having a 'measurement' and goal to head towards. Seeing your times has also made me realise that I'm not as unfit as I had talked myself into!!

Congrats to all
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Congrats!! That is an awesome first race time! My first 5K was like 38 minutes I think. I just got a PR in a 5K about a month ago at 30:29. Now I'm looking to get below 30...gotta love that racing bug! ;)