Being played by a guy?

Options
There is this guy I met, who I really like. He says he feels the same way.
However, he goes from talking to me one day to acting like I don't exist the next. I initiate almost all of our conversations, and he will go from talking to me one day, to completely removing himself and not responding to any texts, calls, etc. Then he comes back and starts talking again, then disappears. He also says he wants to spend time with me, yet I am always the one making the effort. I told him I wanted to go to the fair that is in town, and he went (no problem), but didn't bother inviting me or even mentioning it at all. Yet he wants to spend time with me?
I'm trying to figure out whether or not I'm being played, or if this guy is just fickle.

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    MOVE ON.

If a guy wants to see you, he will. If he wants to spend time with you, he'll make time. Unless he's running a small country or a member of the CIA, he has time. Chances are you're one of many in his pocket.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    He's a jerk. Don't waste time on him.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    MOVE ON.

If a guy wants to see you, he will. If he wants to spend time with you, he'll make time. Unless he's running a small country or a member of the CIA, he has time. Chances are you're one of many in his pocket.

Good advice.
  • susjan
    susjan Posts: 105
    Options
    Sorry to say sounds like you're being played and the guy is fickle. As my friend and I say, "on to the next one"
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Move on.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    don't trust him!!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Agreed, move on!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Not sure he's running game, but he certainly doesn't sound interested.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    NEXT!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    You're being played. Sounds just like what I experienced this summer...turns out he would contact me when his gf was busy or just not putting out. 'nuf said. If he wanted to be with you he would make it happen. Sorry...it sucks, but yeah, he's playing you.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Always remember that if a guy is interested in you then he will do what he can to reach out to you and make time for you. Don't waste your time on this one.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    MOVE ON.

She speaks the truth!
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Move on.

Sorry. :-(
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Of course he's playing you. Those times he is "unavailable", what do you think he's doing? You never go wrong by picking someone who is a gentleman. This guy doesn't qualify.
  • kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    He's not playing you, but it sounds like he's just not that into you. If a guy really wanted to be with you, he'd make the effort to do that. There are better fishes out there in the sea.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Girl....PASS on him. You deserve better.

If he truly wanted to see you, he would make the effort. As the saying goes..."He's just not that into you."....(and I know the feeling all too well)
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    If a guy is interested, you never have to question it. If he wanted to spend time with you, he would make it a priority.

Walk away:) And find somebody worth your time~
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    You deserve better, it's a waste of time to try to figure out the "whys" move on the better guy waiting for you to become aware of him
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Buh-Bye Mister
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Guys are simple, if they like you it's pretty obvious.