Why do you workout?

Options

Replies

• SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    mt8j61.jpg
    She is my reason.

I want to live a long healthy life with my daughter =).

Also, I want to be "hot" again lol.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I work out to prove to myself that my body is stronger than I gave it credit to! 6 months ago, I couldn't possibly fathom the exercise I am doing now, so I can't imagine what the next 6 months are going to bring.

(And, I also work out because I'm tried of having a flabby body, I want to be healthy and toned!)
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Stress relief--my anxiety meds have nothing on an hour-long run!
    So I can eat *some* of the crap I used to eat and "get away with it" (moderation, moderation!)
    I've lost so much weight, I make Goodwill clothes look hot. WHAT UP.
  • wendyj910
    wendyj910 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My workouts are a stress relief. If I'm having a crap day...I lace up my shoes and go for a run. It helps clear my mind. I also workout so I can become healthier and set a good healthy example for my daughter. And I want to me a smokin' hot Mom :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I work out for -

*good health
    *to make my body strong
    *well being and stress management
    *because I like the way it makes me feel
    *to stay young
    *to look good
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I work out because I wasn't happy with who I was, physically. Because I was unhappy all the time, people tended to avoid me which made me unhappy with who I was as a person.

Now that I've gotten myself going and I'm seeing results and I'm finally getting to a place I want to be, I can focus on being happier. People want to spend more time with me. Being social isn't my main motivation, but it certainly helps to have people around you in any capacity.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I workout because I want to look and feel better. I do it for me and only for me. I do not do it to get more girls, to make a ex jealous, or to look more like someone else. I am here to better myself and be the best me I can possibly be! I do not have a fitness idol, I just want to look in the mirror and like who I am. To live a long healthy life. So why do you workout? Is it for you and your family or is it for superficial reasons? I know I can't stand seeing posts with people comparing themselves to other people.

I can't say better than you did. My reasons for working out are the same as yours.
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I work out to keep up my strength and stamina so I can do the strenuous work I want to do without having to ask for help. If it makes me look and feel better, that's nice, too.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I workout for many reasons:

-- My health. I do not believe it's possible to remain healthy without regular exercise.
    --. I don't like taking medication and usually forget to do it (that's how I got both my daughters).
    -- It makes me feel good, gives me lots of energy, and I like the sense of self satisfaction when I finish a workout.
    -- I'm as vain as the next person. I like it when people are shocked by my age or a head turns when I walk by.
    -- So I can eat adn drink more and not gain weight.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I workout because this damn 6-pack requires some maintenance and upkeep... and i also heard there are health benefits to doing so... :laugh:
  • thetipster99
    Options
    I workout because it's part of a healthy lifestyle.. and I enjoy seeing my muscles pop :)

I'm dieting for superficial reasons.. so I can show off those muscles and hopefully get my body fat % to a lifetime low.
  • lmores
    lmores Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I work out for selfish reasons - to have my "me" time, to feel better, to keep my blood pressure in check, to feel strong and powerful and good.

I watch what I eat so I can lose weight.... that is the hard part for me. Since entering my late 30's (ahem) I have learned that working out does not mean I can eat whatever I want.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Mostly because I want to be strong and be able to DO things. I miss being trim and fit and after my knee surgery I didn't have an excuse. I'm also single and there are other obvious reasons to being fit and healthy opposed to over weight and out of shape. Being healthy enhances pretty much every aspect of my life. I'm glad I got off my *kitten* and got back into it!
  • Jennyfaye13
    Options
    I work out to feel good and to know that I will be able to keep up with my children throughout their lives. I want to look better in clothes (and out of them for that matter) I don't care what size I am or what my scale reads but more how I feel and look in my mirror.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Because I want a sexy body I will be proud off, syttrong thin thighs and a six pack ... also because it makes me happy and gives me this feeling of power that if I can do this than I can suceed in other areas of my life too.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Because it's fun.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I want to look hot naked.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Because I love to eat food and I don't love being fat.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I feel better, I look better, I sleep better, I'm happier, it's my therapy. I'm stronger (physically and mentally), it presents me with a challenge almost every day, it helps me overcome obstacles (you know, the voice in your head that says to shut off the alarm and go back to sleep, or the voice that starts yelling when you start running...).
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    As Jillian Michaels would say "I want to have sex with the lights on"