People who appreciate their significant others!

Options

Replies

• LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So, all these amazing guys you ladies are talking about...any of them have brothers?

on a more serious note, congratz on the happiness!
  • Drawing_a_Blank
    Drawing_a_Blank Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Soulmate does not even begin to cover it.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I love my hubby SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! he makes me laugh, he's sexy, he's gonna be a great daddy, he loves Jesus, and he loves me....what more could a girl ask for?
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this thread. Your positivity made my morning brighter.

I appreciate my SO. To keep you all from nausea I won't explain how crazy I am about him :heart:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I love and appreciate my SO so much, I'm gonna post about it on a public forum to a bunch of random strangers, although he will never see it. :heart:

Or maybe ill just go make him a sandwich.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My wife sent me this yesterday.

"I am so happy you are in my life. I am thankful every day that we you are my husband and partner.

I love you very much! Hope you have a good day."

I don't know what she sees in me, but I'm not about to screw it up.
  • daughterofthesea
    daughterofthesea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My fiancé is simply the greatest. When I'm ill, he gives me hot water bottles, blankets, hugs, all sorts. When I want to cry he cuddles me and says it'll all be OK even if we both know it won't. He is the best man I know and after 13 ex-boyfriends I know he is the one for me.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    LOVE this idea!!!! I absolutely love my boyfriend, we've been together for almost 3 years and I know he's the one. He is my best friend, I can literally talk to him about everything, I find myself looking over at him if were watching a movie or just relaxing and I smile to myself knowing how lucky I am. Never believed in the term soul mate until I met him!
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Nevertheless, she makes me feel loved and appreciated for who I am in a way nobody else ever has. We can just lay in bed and talk about nothing and everything. She understands and even shares my quirks that have driven other women insane. When I'm feeling low, I look at a picture of her smiling and I feel a little better. She's truly my other half.

IKNOWTHATFEELBRO :love:
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My husband is the greatest husband ever. He treats me right. Is an amazing father to our children and a great provider. It's so nice to show the appreciation rather than ***** about them!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My husband is my favorite person! He is more important to me than anything else, and I would do anything if it would make him happy. I appreciate who he is and what he does. I LOVE that I get to spend the rest of my life with him, making him as happy as he makes me.

Loving, smart, funny, strong, motivated, compassionate, silly, and so much more. My husband is the ideal MAN by which I judge all others.

And yes - he has three brothers. But they're all taken, too! I got the pick of the litter!!!

ETA: I'd go make him a sammich to show him some love, but I already did!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    My wife sent me this yesterday.

"I am so happy you are in my life. I am thankful every day that we you are my husband and partner.

I love you very much! Hope you have a good day."

I don't know what she sees in me, but I'm not about to screw it up.

Love this!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I very much appreciate my husband. I'm a newlywed, and let's just say "this ain't my first rodeo". I know the difference between "close enough" and "the one God chose for me".

Case in point. Right before joining MFP last month, I had to clean clothes out of my closet for the second time in three months that had gotten too small. I was in a funk about it. My wonderful husband asked me what was wrong and I explained that I'd just had to remove more clothes from my closet because they didn't fit. His response, "were they too big?" Now we all know darn well he was aware I wasn't getting any smaller. But bless his heart for at least trying to boost my spirits. Even if it we both knew his response was total BS! LOL

I was married to someone for 18 years who was the master of the grand gesture. Best gift giver in the world. Over the top, in fact. But I would have traded it all to have what I have now. :love:
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I appreciate my husband and I know it's mutual.
    He is my best friend, he makes my heart skip a beat when he looks at me a certain way, he makes me laugh, he is a wonderful father to our kids, when life gets rough I know he's got my back. He believes in me and encourages me. He compliments me. He has loved me skinny and fat. If we argue, we both know the other is not going anywhere... he is the only man I have been able to imagine growing old with. We have never said a mean or derogatory comment to one another in 13.5 yrs. We don't name call or punish one another for mistakes.

I knew I was going to marry him the first night I met him, not being "romantic or sappy" for some silly/stupid/random reason those thoughts came into my mind...... it had never happened before..
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    :love: Congrats to you!
    I feel the same way about mine....most days anyway :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    :love: :flowerforyou:

I love my baby! He is so sweet to me! He tells me my outfits are cute, or if I should wear something different. (I am fashion-challenged, but he's pretty good.) He's always ready for hugs and kisses and hold my hand, even after 18 years!

I think that the two of us are made for each other. We are soulmates!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the bomb. We dated through most of college. He dealt with me getting my ex out of my life the first eight or so month of our relationship. When I said no to sex the first time because I wasn't ready he told me that was fine and he didn't love me any less because I said no, and then never pressured me afterwards. When I got an internship on the other side of the country he said "So do I need to start looking for work in California." He graciously allowed me to accept the extension my internship granted me, even though that meant three more months living there where there were no job opportunities for him. He told me he didn't care if I got a summer job that would take me several states away this summer, because he knows it's important for his career. He runs with me. He lets me cook vegetarian food even though he'd rather be eating steak. He buys me beer.

Basically, he's awesome.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I married my best friend. I was married before for 17 years, and he left me for his mistress. Never in a million years did I think that I would ever remarry, but alonng came Hubs. He treats me like a queen. This marriage is what I should have had the first time. Hubs and I have been together 13 years now. His first wife died young, and he was widowed 3 years when we met. I remember going through the typical "compeition with a ghost" insecurities, but he was always good about telling me that while she was perfect for him THEN, *I* am perfect for him NOW. Because he has experienced devastating loss, he tends to live a "carpe diem" attitude, and appreciates every moment of life. Lately, it's more "I love you more than I have every loved anyone". So, the bloom is definitely NOT off the rose, and I am still waiting for the honeymoon phase to be over...HOPE IT NEVER IS! :heart: :blushing: :happy:
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Kudos to the OP for such a good idea :drinker: I do love happy threads!

I feel like you do about my husband. I think he was made for me. I think it was Marilyn Monroe who said, "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best!" (not sure if it was her, but whatever) and he certainly toes the line every time.
    I used to have crazy migraine headaches. He would hold/comfort me even when I was throwing up and delirious with pain. He has never made a condescending remark to me, and respects me both in public and private.
    He's a good listener, he'll give up sleep to spend quality time with me.

I try to be as vocal as possible about how I appreciate him. I spent some time studying the different emotional needs of men vs. women, so that I could better communicate to him how wonderful he is in the ways that resonate with him the most. :smile:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is my best friend! This is by far the healthiest happiest relationship I've ever been in!! We have so much love and respect for each other. I'm thankful that we found each other :heart: