Bump!
  • cmkell87
    cmkell87 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I made this, and it wasn't that good. Dry was my main complaint.

I think I'd rather have real piece of chocolate cake instead. But kudos to the OP for coming up with such a unique idea!
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am still waiting on the SIZE SERVING and NUMBER OF CALORIES per SERVING of this cake?????? :huh:

Do it yourself! You have the same tools that the poster has :grumble:
  • sapl31
    sapl31 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bumop
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    *BUMP* :bigsmile:
  • awagz
    awagz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Might have to try
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    i made it and its good, i did cook it for only 30 min and also mine did not rise much I had some whipped cream with it.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Bumping for healthy chocolatey goodness!
  • smsgrl2009
    Options
    bump
  • stephanne82
    stephanne82 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    as a celiac this is just the kind of recipe I'm on the look out for. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    ummm, yeah, I tried it. Not a fan. I don't like sweet chocolate, but this wasn't sweet enough for me. It turned out very pretty though! Maybe if I had had powdered sugar to dust it with it would have helped. But this was not worth the calories for me.

I will try the original version, perhaps with agave nectar...but definitely with some source of more sweetness for me.

i had tried a chocolate thing with similar beans with the same kind of issue, so i was worried about this. if you tried it and had that issue i might skip. i love chocolate, not nesc super sweet, just rich dark deep chocolate flavor which i feel like the white types of beans hide more than black do.
  • walkersallymae
    walkersallymae Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    12 servings in a 9 inch round cake is pretty small What is the total calories? If I wanted to cut into 8 pieces.
  • Bearman45
    Options
    So I made this cake over the weekend... mixed reviews. Some really liked it, others said it was ok but not as good as they would have liked. Nobody really disliked it though. It was heavier than a flour cake, but not as dense as a brownie. A little dry, but not overly dry. I liked it.

I used whole eggs rather than just the whites, and also added some vanilla. I also made a double batch and made a layer cake our of it.

For frosting, I used avocado blended with cocoa powder and xylitol. The frosting was very good!

I'll make it again, but I think I will add some apple sauce as others have suggested to sweeten it a little and add some moisture. I think next time I will also separate the yolks and mix them into the batter, then whip the whites and gently fold them in just before baking. That should likely add some fluffiness to it. I may also add some baking soda, which along with the eggs might lighten it up a little as well.

For nutrition, I made a 9" double layer cake with frosting in between and on all sides. I cut it into 16 squares. About 375 calories each. Good protein too.

I may also experiment with cocoa and xylitol in place of the chocolate chips, making the entire cake gluten, dairy and sugar free, not to mention lowering calories substantially.

Overall, I think this was a good alternative for people with food sensitivities, but it is high in sugar.

Thanks OP and others for the inspiration and ideas!
  • emanismom
    emanismom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can you post the black bean brownie recipe....it sounds soooo good! Thanks,