Did Matthew McConaughey go too far for new role?

Options
12346»

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    they all look gross.

Acquiring target: Comment in thread with highest Ignorance signature

MISSILE LOCK
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    well .. as long as Matthew is under doctor supervision -- I'm sure he'll be okay (hopefully). However, I know it's more authentic and realistic to do it yourself .. I think the wiser option would be to do what they did for the actor in Captain America - they digitally shrunk him down .. only used a body double for sitting/non moving parts of the film .. until he was "injected" and emerged with his real body.

Philadelphia was a good movie .. tom hanks did wonderfully -- lots of actors/actresses will lose extreme amounts of weight or even pack it on for movie roles .. they get paid a hefty amount to do it themselves ..
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    No wonder Bale is so moody. I'd be an effing witch if I ate only that for......well a day.

no joke
  • phonypony
    Options
    In The Pianist Adrien Brody lost 14 kg (31 lb) for the role of Wladyslaw Szpilman. Pretty crazy! http://www.szpilman.net/brody2.jpg
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    No different than actors/actresses gaining weight for a role, like for Bridget Jones. Hopefully they get paid real good to go to the extreme.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    It amazes me how movie stars can gain/lose weight for a role.
    A particular favourite of mine is.......

Charlize Theron for the movie called Monster

http://www.themakeupgallery.info/lookalike/badgirls/monster.htm

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=charlize+theron+monster&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=YoN0UIOzA6iq0QXY0oGAAg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i|10;d|RlojXaFe9xAySM:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    well .. as long as Matthew is under doctor supervision -- I'm sure he'll be okay (hopefully). However, I know it's more authentic and realistic to do it yourself .. I think the wiser option would be to do what they did for the actor in Captain America - they digitally shrunk him down .. only used a body double for sitting/non moving parts of the film .. until he was "injected" and emerged with his real body.

Philadelphia was a good movie .. tom hanks did wonderfully -- lots of actors/actresses will lose extreme amounts of weight or even pack it on for movie roles .. they get paid a hefty amount to do it themselves ..
    Interesting idea...they could certainly do it with digital technology available these days!

I'm really amazed at how many people here, on a FITNESS site, think this is OK though. Its not that I'm losing sleep over Matthew McConaughey's health, but considering that this is a man whose body is considered 'perfect' by most, and everyone keeps saying "well, he's supervised by a doctor" or "he's getting paid a lot".... like that makes it OK?

People post all the time that they lost a ton of weight by using HGC "under doctor supervision" and people rip them (or anyone who is eating very low calories) to shreds on the boards for using unsafe methods. Why is there such a double standard for an actor vs. a normal person?
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Why is there such a double standard for an actor vs. a normal person?

because life is full of double standards.. the only people complaining are the ones on the wrong side of one.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    They make millions to do it. It's just a hazard of the job.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Its not really commitment to the role unless he actually gives himself AIDS.

That statement was uncalled for, and totally disrespectful to the memory of all the people that died of AIDS and those living with it!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

because life is full of double standards.. the only people complaining are the ones on the wrong side of one.

actors/actresses do it for a realistic reason and typically under the care of a doctor, for a very short time. When the job is done, they go back to a health routine.