Options

Replies

• andreamkelly
    Options
    bump
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I found someone's recipe for flourless sugar free peanut butter cookies and I love them better than bought protein bars. Now I just bought "diet" cake, $60 worth, and I see your recipe! You bet your bippy I'll be making this cake!
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • stacyrhoades11
    stacyrhoades11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Will defiantly have to try this!
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    you can even make it healthy and get rid of the eggs. replace with ground flax or homemade applesauce. probably make it more moist that way too and not support the poultry industry, win win. love your idea about the garbonzo beans.that's very clever. so how many calories and fat does this yield anyway?
  • Domestic_Hippie
    Domestic_Hippie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I used to make a "cookie dough" like this :) It uses garbanzo beans as well and is egg, butter, flour and dairy free. I made it when I used to do weight watchers.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Interesting idea! Bump!
  • rabps
    rabps Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    definitely trying this
  • readthat
    readthat Posts: 136
    Options
    I want to try this
  • teenio7
    teenio7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yep, yep, going to try this one! Thanks :)
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious and can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    you can even make it healthy and get rid of the eggs. replace with ground flax or homemade applesauce. probably make it more moist that way too and not support the poultry industry, win win. love your idea about the garbonzo beans.that's very clever. so how many calories and fat does this yield anyway?

scroll up. I posted pictures and nutritional data.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Lots of folks keep asking, over and over... how many calories? If you read the thread, it's been posted by a few of us. Here is what I posted:
    I just made this both ways... with garbanzo beans and with black beans. The black beans were much easier to puree and the mix poured a lot more smoothly. I'm about to have an official taste test next with my family. Will report more later and will post pics.

Okay, my official review... Agree no-one will guess what they're made of. My dad who doesn't like weird foods thought they were good. The black bean was easier to make & smoother. It also looks darker. But... The garbanzo bean version comes out fluffier,r moister & I liked the flavor of it just a bit better. Though, my dad thought the black bean was richer... I think that was perception because of the color. I put the recipe into MFP & cutting into 8 slices (as shown below) came to only 171 calories, 7g fat, 3.6g fiber. Healthy & tasty. The black slices weigh 1.6 but the garbanzo slices weigh 2.2. So, they really become fuller somehow though the same quantity of everything is used. Weird, eh? It is a shade dry, so I might try adding honey or applesauce next time. Though black bean was easier to blend, I'll probably stick with garbanzos. Oh yeah, I followed the 2nd person's recipe with 2 whole eggs instead of the hassle of dividing all those whites. Now, the promised picture:
    IMAG0749.jpg
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    thanx
  • kw19427
    kw19427 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Attempting this next week, thanks!
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    you can even make it healthy and get rid of the eggs.

What's unhealthy about eggs?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Gotta try this!