10 questions about your WEDDING...

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    , How long did you plan? 1 year

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? $26,000, not including dress/rings/honeymoon (about $10K more than I planned)

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 175 invited 160 showed

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Little silver buckets with taffy from the beach (they looked really cute)

5. What season was your wedding in? Summer

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday 3:30 until 1AM.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? The weather..there was a hurricane

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? The whole thing:) Yes, it was worth it!

9. What were your colors? Champagne and white (beachy)

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Favors and invitations
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan?
    1 year

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? About $5,000 Including photos and a live band.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? invited: 180, showed up about 140. (I know my whole family was absent, apparently they all had a "bug")

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? I gave out bags and boxes of chocolate. Since my wedding was in January I took advantage of all the "after Christmas" specials and bought a cart full of fancy chocolates at 80% discount! All I had to do was place them inside lace baggies and that was it.

5. What season was your wedding in? January. I live in south Florida and the weather in January is just perfect.

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday afternoon.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Pay less attention to what other may think.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Photos. Yes, because is what I keep for the rest of my life.

9. What were your colors? Terracotta

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Too many! My family (mom and aunts) are very "crafty", so they did my flowers, favors, headpice, veil, Hall decorations, Cake, etc...
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options

One year.

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned?

My parents actually paid for a lot of it. More than expected.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up?

We invited about 150. I'd say 95-100 showed up.

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)?

We spent hours putting little mints in royal purple bags (small bags) and tied a thank you decoration to the top. I'll edit with a picture later.

5. What season was your wedding in?

Spring.

6. What time of day and day of the week was it?

1:30PM and it was on a Saturday.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out?

That day ended up being really windy. I would have liked to get some outdoor pictures.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it?

The honeymoon was the biggest splurge, to be honest. ($6,000)

9. What were your colors?

Purple and White.

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which?

No.
  • RonitMig
    RonitMig Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    9 months

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned?
    $30,000- $40,000 (but this was at the NJ shore in the summer)

210 people invited, 150 showed

Small picture frames (we put the table cards in there, but had a photobooth, so they could put the photobooth pics in them)

Summer- this past August 25th

Saturday night at 7 pm

I would have hired a different rabbi, made sure the lights outside the venue where the ceremony was were turned on and had the hotel close the pool during the ceremony

Photobooth- absolutely! They give you a book after with a copy of everyone's pics and they sign it so you don't need a guest book

Dessy's firecracker, sage, and silver

putting the favors together and the wedding welcome bags. We didn't have a wedding planner, but I wish we did for day-of stuff
    Since my wedding was 6 weeks ago, feel free to contact me and ask me any questions you want.
  • rumor23
    rumor23 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1) 6 months
    2) $1,500.00
    3) about 15 to wedding, 60 to reception
    4) mints
    5) fall, 10/10/10 (yes, today is our anniversary)
    6) Sunday afternoon in the park
    7) my parents would have been alive to be there
    8) the cakes, yes. We had different cakes on every table as the center pieces. Everyone got to sample a different piece and socialize. I thought it was great fun.
    9) Deep purple and orange (Profile pic is of me in my wedding dress)
    10) It was too simple to pay someone to help. It was friends and family, no fuss, affordable, and less stress. It was perfect! We had been together for so long before making it official, we did not see a need to make it a huge deal.
  • Tallulahbelle2011
    Tallulahbelle2011 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

14 months

£3.5k on the wedding and about the same again on the honeymoon

55 to the cermony and afternoon reception (50 attended) and about another 50 to the evening reception

Themed sweets in organza bags (seaside theme, so gold chocolate coins for buried treasure, and slices of seasid rock (candy) with 'mr & mrs' running through the middle)

Autumn - we married on 10.10.10 so 2nd anniversary today :o)

2pm on a Sunday, which was gloriously and unseasonably (for the UK lol) sunny.

Left myself more time to get ready!

The honeymoon, and hell yes!

Pale blue and white

Loads - all the invitations, order of service, menus, table name cards, seating plan, place names were hand painted pebbles which doubled as an extra favour in a way - everybody took theirs at the end of the night which I was so pleased about, we got a plain iced cake and decorated it ourselves, we did the favour bags, the flowers, centrepieces....and I saved a fortune by getting lots of things from ebay!

I think that you can have a fantastic day without going over the top and getting in debt - we had a church service, limo, sit down 3 course meal for 50, evening reception with a live band, and bacon/sausage sandwiches for evening guests - but the most important thing to us was that the day was everything we both wanted, we made decisions together, and all of our dearest friends and family were there with us. At the end of the day, the important thing is making a committment to the person you love, all the rest is just window dressing.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 3ish months

2. How much did you spend? Was this more/less than you planned? Can't recall wasn't much though.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 200ish, about 150 or so showed.

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? No favors, I already paid for their dinner, cake and an open bar greeting hour, no need to give them more stuff for free.

5. What season was your wedding in? Spring

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Late afternoon on a Saturday

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? I'd have rather not have been pregnant haha

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? My dress - no, it wasn't the one I wanted, I had to buy one off the rack that kind of fit

9. What were your colors? lavender & silver

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? My cousins decorated, with fresh lilacs... it smelled wonderful. And one of my other cousins baked my cake as her wedding gift to us.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 1 week

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? Less than $500

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 13 invited/showed. Just immediate family and very close friends.

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? I gave everyone homemade jam and candy.

5. What season was your wedding in? It was on the 4th of July

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday at 2 pm at a waterfall in the mountains,

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Nothing. People were pissed we did it this way instead of a wedding I never wanted or dreamed of (I'm not that type of girl) but this was for our family. What WE wanted was to go to the courthouse.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Nothing. We built our home that is almost paid for instead of a wedding. :)

9. What were your colors? Pink and Green

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? This doesn't apply as I didn't have a bridal party and nature was our decore.