Women Shouldn't Lift Weights

Options

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Be warned ladies, I did a chest fly once and grew hair in my pecs-cleavage because I didn't use pink dumbbells :sad:
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Love this!!! I've been lifting since May and while I haven't grown a weiner, I've had a few lent to me...my just reward I'd say.

I nominate this greatest comment of the thread award.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You guys really perked up my morning, thank you!

And now you've inspired me lift some heavy-*kitten* weights tonight when I get home from work. But I'd better not risk diving into the pool or I might turn back into a girl...
  • pilatemom
    pilatemom Posts: 111
    Options
    I looooove muscles on women :) I am definitely going to get me some muscle after my babies born.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    weiner.

bump
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    bump

You don't need to bump a thread that someone responded to one minute ago

(unless you're referring to the bump in your pants?)

bump

bump...it's not to keep it in my news feed, but to let my private board read it too...and because "new posts" run so fast that this will be gone shortly...
  • zachatta
    Options
    bump

You don't need to bump a thread that someone responded to one minute ago

(unless you're referring to the bump in your pants?)

bump

bump...it's not to keep it in my news feed, but to let my private board read it too...and because "new posts" run so fast that this will be gone shortly...

bump for more clutter
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I can handle the weiner --...

bump
  • battynat12
    Options
    Be warned ladies, I did a chest fly once and grew hair in my pecs-cleavage because I didn't use pink dumbbells :sad:

LMAO!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    weiner.

bump
    bump for later
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    But if they lift weights, they will look bulky and like men right?

Of course they will bulk up some, building muscle makes them bigger, however, our muscles are not "built" the same way as men, and no they don't bulk like men.
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Serious question. I love lifting and think all women who are able should try it out. It has amazing benefits. However, sometimes the weight area of the gym can be intimidating to a woman who is starting out lifting for the first time, especially if the number of men is significantly greater than the # of women in the weight area of the gym. Its great to read about the benefits, the results, and how its empowering and fun (and it is!) What advice would you all have for a woman who has everything she needs to begin physically lifting, but may have difficulty just mentally breaking into the typically male-centered weight training gym area?

I know myself, I had a difficult time "getting over it" and starting to lift. I had to go with a friend at first to spot me and keep me from being the only woman in the area. After a while of getting more comfortable with my lifts I am a lot more confident and I feel "at home" there, but this may be an issue for some women still.

What say you all?
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    <<-- So, how many myths did I shatter to get these legs?

SHE-HULK CRUSH - GRRR!!!!!!

gorgeous she-muscle!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    This made my day!! :drinker: :drinker:

uUhr7.gif
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Serious question. I love lifting and think all women who are able should try it out. It has amazing benefits. However, sometimes the weight area of the gym can be intimidating to a woman who is starting out lifting for the first time, especially if the number of men is significantly greater than the # of women in the weight area of the gym. Its great to read about the benefits, the results, and how its empowering and fun (and it is!) What advice would you all have for a woman who has everything she needs to begin physically lifting, but may have difficulty just mentally breaking into the typically male-centered weight training gym area?

I know myself, I had a difficult time "getting over it" and starting to lift. I had to go with a friend at first to spot me and keep me from being the only woman in the area. After a while of getting more comfortable with my lifts I am a lot more confident and I feel "at home" there, but this may be an issue for some women still.

What say you all?

Just get a PT for a couple of sessions. That'll get you over it.
  • zachatta
    Options
    But if they lift weights, they will look bulky and like men right?

Of course they will bulk up some, building muscle makes them bigger, however, our muscles are not "built" the same way as men, and no they don't bulk like men.

That isn't true at all.

I saw this one poor girl who got talked into lifting weights from one of the roided up meatheads at my gym.

She didn't even go that heavy really, she put down the pink dumbbells for barbells,

she started doing compounds, a little less than a month later she had about as

much lean mass as Arnold. I felt so bad for that girl, girls don't understand they

have it so much easier when it comes to getting bulky, unlike guys.

Just give them one month, and they can pretty much stand toe to toe with jay cutler.

Don't listen to the OP, heavy weights will eventually turn women into men.
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    weiner.

bump

weiner
    bump

sounds like something a doctor should see
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    imagesCAQQQDN5.jpg
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    weiner.

bump

weiner
    bump

sounds like something a doctor should see
    I think you're right.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Love this!!! I've been lifting since May and while I haven't grown a weiner, I've had a few lent to me...my just reward I'd say.

Lent to me.......<giggle>