The Right Guy

Options

Replies

• csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It's been said before, but it merits repeating (for all of us). Be here for YOURSELF. Whether you've got that special someone in your life or not, you'll always have your health, so you might as well make sure your health is the best it can be.

Beyond that, you also need to be yourself for yourself. While it's true that "They won't call you if they don't know you're there," if you're doing things and going to places you don't like in the hopes of fitting into some magic formula for meeting someone, can you really expect to meet the right kind of person? It may create some limits (myself, I don't care for much of the club / bar scene, so there goes a few opportunities out the door), and there may be people who simply won't like you in *that* way because of it, but when you're yourself and you're comfortable with that, people will pick up on it. Maybe it's just me, but a confident, bright fire in a woman's eye looks better to me than the most expensive makeup.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You never find the right one when you go looking....
    That's excellent news for me because I never go out. I stay home on the weekends and watch television on the couch, and then during the week, I go to work and sit in my office upstairs all day. I'm just waiting for the right one to drop down in my lap without any effort on my part, so it's good to know I don't have to change anything.

Hmmm....I find that this sarcasm is hard to spread on my toast.
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    Men will start being interested when you show interest in yourself.

Just be enjoy life, do things that make you happy and smile. The rest will follow.

Keep your head up, you are amazing! :smile:
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    Put on an Avengers T shirt. You'll have a group of guys following you around like baby ducks within no time.
    TMNT tshirts work, too.

shirtless has also proven effective...

Hahaha I have also notived that men respond to Ninja Turtles and Batman :laugh:
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    That's excellent news for me because I never go out. I stay home on the weekends and watch television on the couch, and then during the week, I go to work and sit in my office upstairs all day. I'm just waiting for the right one to drop down in my lap without any effort on my part, so it's good to know I don't have to change anything.

Hmmm....I find that this sarcasm is hard to spread on my toast.
    Oh? What would make it more palatable for you?
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    So I've been on this journey since February. Lost over 50 pounds and I am so excited! But it still seems to me that guys aren't interested in me. Anybody still struggling with the same thing?

At the end of the day, you are still you. Just because you lost 50 lbs, doesn't mean guys are going to flock to you.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options

THIS ^^ ... When I don't go looking for women I seem to find them ;-)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    According to my wife guys are never right so you are probably in trouble.

she's correct.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Here we stand....worlds apart....hearts broken in two, two, two
    Sleepless nights....losing ground I'm reaching for you, you, you.........\m/
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Do this for you. Not so men will be interested in you. It's a far more fulfilling journey that way.

And men feed off your confidence and how YOU feel about yourself. Be selfish. Me me me. (Meaning, if you love you how you are, others will too).

This.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    don't worry....

someday, love will find you....break those chains that bind you....one night will remind you........\m/
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    don't worry....

someday, love will find you....break those chains that bind you....one night will remind you........\m/

FB-Journey-is-gonna-be-pissed.jpg
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Put on an Avengers T shirt. You'll have a group of guys following you around like baby ducks within no time.
    TMNT tshirts work, too.

^^this!! So true..most of my guy friends are like this. Haha.

Seriously though, I just stopped trying to get guys to notice me and gained more confidence . Im considered overweight to most and still have 50 lbs to lose, I don't have any trouble dating. =P
  • Zogg6684
    Options
    When you are not looking or have just about given up , the right guy will fall right in front of you. Please help him up. At least this is what my wife says happened with us. Whatever you do just be yourself and make yourself happy. Good luck he is out there somewhere.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    don't worry....

Journey is awesome!! =)
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    OH sweetie, I understand what you're feeling because I'm fighting the same battle but I've come to this conclusion: EFF IT! Love yourself. Bask in your beauty. Feel your own self worth. Treat yourself well. Know yourself well. Live your life to it's fullest. Treat yourself AND OTHERS with respect always. Be open to life & it's opportunities. Don't wait for love but do what you love! Love will come knocking when it knows your truly ready. Until then - LIVE! xo :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Agreed, my guy found me and I couldn't be happier. We are planning to get married next summer.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I do have that problem but I think it's more of my personality than anything. I have a very dry personality and I can be very off-putting. I'm not looking for a man at this point in my life but it's always nice to get some attention every now and then, which that doesn't happen either but oh well. I'm sure in time I will be noticed by guys but for the time being I am focused on myself only.
  • kantoka
    kantoka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    TMNT tshirts work, too.

shirtless has also proven effective...

All of the above. And also talk about Football. WIN. =)