Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Science Nerd Friends

Trechechus
Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
Hey. Science nerd here (first degree in bio, getting my second in environmental.) Lookin' for some more science-minded MFPeeps who can answer my science-y questions and be nerdy and stuff.

Replies

• Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    My expertise (using the term loosely) lies with programming, but I would definitely say I'm a fan of physics.
  • Aerospace engineering here and Im an astonomy/astrology documentary buff...Feel free to FR me :)
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Pretty sure I count as a giant nerd - BSc in in Marine Bio and Stats, PhD in Evolution, Ecology, Behaviour, and Neuroscience. Add me if you like.
    Science is awesome!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I really love science. Science and math were two of my primary interests from as far back as age 11. That was when I first remember really loving it and wanting to seek it out (that was also the age I started dancing). When I went off to college I was studying biology and dance. I had a particular interest in the biology of human sexuality and evolution at the time, but studied all aspects of human biology. I ended up majoring in dance and lightly minoring in Biology. My adviser at first was a physics teacher and he also co-taught a class I took that was dance and physics (it was a fun school that liked to do unusual interdisciplinary learning, so perfect for people that had an art and science interest). And I met my husband in college. He is a mathematician and a Physicist (he also did technological sculpture, so he worked on set and props for some of the dance projects I was involved with). So, my life is very immersed in science being with my husband (PhD in experimental Plasma physics and engineering), my science friends from college and now, plus I am always learning and exploring in many different areas of science just as a hobby. I may not be able to answer questions, but I enjoy science and learning and it's a big part of my life in more ways than one.
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Studied mechanical engineering and business. Worked on nuclear submarine for awhile. Now I work in the control room of a nuclear power plant. I don't know if that makes me a science nerd, but I'm smarter than the average bear :bigsmile:

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Total science nerd here! I'm finishing my PhD in social psych and am more than happy to talk science with any of you guys!
  • I have an autograph from Steven Hawking so I am more then qualified to answer any science questions you can throw at me
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Geologist and engineer here.
  • toledochic
    toledochic Posts: 46 Member
    I'm a pharmacist who loves science and math! Big nerd here! :)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    I watched the discovery channel once
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

Rock nerds are the WORST.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Ahem.
  • BA in biology with a CJ minor. I love science esp microbiology! Heading to the field of forensics :)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member

:angry: I hate you.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    I was never cool enough to hang out with the nerds...
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    I like science, and nerds! Right now I'm studying chemistry, so if anyone can give me a hand it would be very helpful.
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Degree in Genetics, work as an industrial hygienist (pocket protectors AND high water pants).

And no, an industrial hygienist does not clean out gear teeth.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I *kitten* love science, but I don't have a fancy degree or anything. I am pretty good at kitchen science though.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

:angry: I hate you.

Your lies make the angels weep.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Althought not a scientest, I am a total nerd. I have a BS in Accounting. That and I am totally obsessed with your typical nerd hype... LOTR, etc.