Once Thread Killer, Always Thread Killer

Options

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Oker673 Her name is Lilly, about 14 yrs old and was dumped as a kitten. So we adopted her. She is very much loved.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I decided that it was too cold to walk to McDonalds for Breakfast this Morning (50 degrees). So I started walking thinking that I would just walk 20-30 minutes and get my Coffee at 7-11 (which is actually only 1/4 mile from my house). When I got to the corner at the end of the block, I decided to go on around the edge of the Neighborhood. Then at the Corner where I could have turned and gotten to 7-11 in about 10 minutes tops, I decided to go around the small Business District. Then I decided to circle back through the adjacent Parking Lot between 2 of the Businesses. It would only take 5 more minutes and I wasn't all THAT Cold! When I finally got my Coffee at 7-11 and got to Our Corner I realized that if I just walked to the end of Our Block, I would have a Full 45 Minutes instead of 41:22. At the Corner it dawned on me that if I went around the Block I would have 50 Minutes. Then it dawned on me that going on around the 2nd Block I would have the same Minutes and Distance as if I had gone all the way to McDonalds.
    :laugh: So even though Plan A was to go to McDonalds, and Plan B was to take a Short Walk to 7-11, apparently there was a Plan C that I didn't know about when I left the House. 3.26 Miles for Coffee.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Fabulous incidental walk.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be MIA again. Busy, busy, busy!!!!! Day off of work today.

Good one yesterday. My "lovely" size 10 jeans came off my rump with an unexpected tug from DH who was trying to be funny about the baggy butt. (on the jeans, not me)

That's mostly the highlight of my weekend in a nutshell. Oh..... and not caving in to the carmel apple craving I was going though since Friday. I think I am over it....mostly. LOL
  • mem50
    Options
    Nope....not over the caramel apple thing yet. Just keeps bouncing around in my head.....darn it!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Do they make a Caramel Apple flavored Yogurt? Or maybe Skinny Cow has a Caramel something? Hopefully the craving will pass quickly.:grumble:
  • mem50
    Options
    Hmmm....That's something I'll have to look into. I was thinking a caramel apple smoothie. I've been messing around with different items and that would be a good alternative. Sad to say the craving will be with me for awhile. Once something gets stuck in my head it just Will Not go away. At least until they stop putting the darn things right there in the front of the store so I see them everytime I walk in. :grumble:
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love caramel apples. I too have been craving them since the start of the season.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :wink: Maybe I am Lucky that I am not tempted by Caramel. Of Course Chocolate is BAD for me, LOL
  • mem50
    Options
    MMMMMMChocolate. Well, I kinda did have one. I got a apple, sliced it up and melted some caramel and dipped them in. Wierd that it did not taste as good as I remember. Or maybe it's just me?
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Nope, I have noticed that with several things. Cakes, Doughnuts, Cinnamon Rolls and similar things Do Not taste as good as I remember.
    :laugh: Oh, And Diet Coke!! I used to LIVE ON that stuff. It tastes AWFUL now!!!
  • mem50
    Options
    Morning all.

Just sitting here with the morning cup of coffee and trying to get my self together. I had the Worst headache yesterday along with my back going totally nuts. Barely made it though the store. Got home and crashed on the couch. Today am tired and still a wee bit off. Still have laundry to do and just not wanting to.

I have noticed things not tasting like they used to quite a bit lately. Good thing in the end really. After all, that's what keeps us on the right track with weight loss and maintenence.

Mary
  • LJCannon
    Options
    So sorry you are having a rough weekend, Mary:flowerforyou:
    Hope you feel better soon!!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: It Is Called A Workout Because It Requires Effort.
    Without The Effort, It Would Be An Easy Out:wink:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: If you focus on Results, you won't see any Change.
    Focusing on the Change You Want, will ensure that the Results will follow.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Birthday Minnie Pearl (100) and Brett Raymer (star of Animal Planet's "Tanked")
  • mem50
    Options
    I know I've been MIA for a bit...again. The bug I was fighting came back with a vengence. Was running a nice temp of 100.7 for about three days and felt like 50 miles of REALLY bad road. I wanted and Needed to get over it ASAP because of last night. Girls Night Out was over the top fan-freaking-tastic.

The wines were smashing. The food was beyond belief. Soups to nuts. Cheeses. breads, fruit, veggies, dips of all kinds. Shrimp, Sushie, Cajun, Sorbets, You name it, it was there. I had whatever I wanted.

Back to the real world today......
  • mem50
    Options
    And almost forgot. They were making gormet flovered coffees and lattes at the very end of the run. Good stuff. Had a caramel coffee and a Mocha Witch. Yeah.....It's Holloween.

Plus for the chuckle of the day. Ship of Fools, Simply naked...Names of wines...So funny.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: Glad that you are feeling better, Mem!!
    :drinker: The Coffee sounds delightful!!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Have you walked today!?

I have walked outside for a bit over 2 miles, and I still have to walk to the Store later.
    I did do 2.04 miles on the Treadmill and 7.79 miles on the Recumbent Bike.