So, are you seeing anyone?

Options

Replies

• drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm single by choice and yeah answering that question would kinda irk me because like you say is there no other way to evaluate the success of my life? I heard somewhere that a survey of young girls showed that marriage is no longer their number one way of determining if they are successful or not. I think the top answer was being happy but I'm not sure.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Just say, "I'm seeing a LOT of someones." And then wink.

I did this when my ex husband said very accusingly after he left me (for another woman), "I KNOW you have a boyfriend."

I said, "Oh honey, I don't have a boyfriend. I have a LOT of boyfriends."

Leaves them speechless. :drinker:

Can I be one of the many?

Awwww- I'm remarried now. Not sure how that happened.

But now I'm getting the "When are you guys going to have another baby" questions. Um. Uh. What. The. F**k are you talking about? This baby making factory is closed. My new MIL still hasn't accepted that. I have to tell her to stay out of my uterus. And that's how I answer THAT question:" Stay out of my uterus. It's a hot mess up there." Then I wiggle my eyebrows. It's the right mix of defensiveness, hostility, and creepy. You guys should try it.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me .. of course.. I'm older now 46 - divorced and have a grown son. Sometimes people "back home" just want you to be like them .. married / involved. I think most don't know what to ask and hoping you're seeing someone. Maybe they know someone that is interested in you .. maybe they're interested in you.

I usually get that question not from my friends back home .. but usually when someone is interested in me and is feeling out the situation. My friends know I would tell them if I was seeing anyone .. or in some cases .. they wonder if I'm still single LOL.

I wouldn't read too much into it. If it bothers you .. be blunt and say .. umm.. I prefer to keep that information to myself. Wait until I'm ready to tell you.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I wish guys would ask this before they hit on me LOL.
    Besides that, yeah I wish it wasn't one of the first things that people in general asked.
  • yessicasue
    yessicasue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think people mean well by the question, but I totally get annoyed by it too sometimes. I just say "Oh, nobody special" and change the subject if I'm not in the mood to talk about it...which I'm usually not. Dating is exhausting.
  • aubreydarko
    Options
    I don't get the "are you seeing anyone" question, but I am asked if I am dating anyone when I come home, my aunts are constantly telling me to go on eharmony or match.com and I roll my eyes because I am fine being a single 23 year old woman... I've never been in a relationship before....

I think things change in general when you've lost a significant amount of weight, you transition from being "one of the guys" to a potential partner with guys, some of your old girlfriends may see you as a threat because not only are you sweet, funny, charming and likeable, but now you have a great body to go along with that personality, As a bigger girl for half of my life, I developed a big personality.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I always get "when are you going to have a baby?" :grumble:

This

11 years now with my SO...people seem to REALLY want us to procreate...
  • loriaqui
    loriaqui Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the 'seeing someone' question as much as the 'when are you gonna start seeing someone'. (my family) Or (from men) 'why aren't you taken?' My answer is pretty much the same...have you seen the type of men that are my age?

I know there are some good ones out there...but I haven't located many...
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I always get "when are you going to have a baby?" :grumble:

I used to get that a lot too & now I have 2 it's like "oh, you aren't having anymore, are you?"

Yep. I've been hearing this since Baby No. 3. LOL
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    Just say, "I'm seeing a LOT of someones." And then wink.

This. Even when it isn't true. People stop asking pretty quickly.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm seeing someone. I'm seeing myself! Every day, no hassle, no arguing, I do whatever I want... It's the perfect relationship!!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I don't hate that question as much as when a relationship ends and the guys in my office (my big brothers) start in with the "really? You know you really need to find someone to take care of you already." Drives me up the walls.......I usually remind them about their curfews and honey-do lists and then stay at my desk for the afternoon.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    nobody's ever asked me that....:sad:
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i get this sometimes.

and i just say," momma when i find somebody thats hot,has manners,and has green eyes and dark hair, ill be "seeing" someone"
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    men don't ask each other this question because I might be sleeping with their wife
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Getting irritated at questions like these makes me realize that most people in my life have no idea what to talk to me about. Thus they make small talk about stuff like this. I also get asked all the time "so where you going next?" (I work in the travel industry). People have no idea how to relate to me.

I'm trying to make myself more relatable, but now that I'm mid-30s, no kids, not married.... really what else do people our age talk about?
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Getting irritated at questions like these makes me realize that most people in my life have no idea what to talk to me about. Thus they make small talk about stuff like this. I also get asked all the time "so where you going next?" (I work in the travel industry). People have no idea how to relate to me.

I'm trying to make myself more relatable, but now that I'm mid-30s, no kids, not married.... really what else do people our age talk about?

so your not seeing anyone

what are your thoughts on an older guy
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    dc465b38-22a8-4462-9e13-c96fe7a92861.jpg

OMG I LOVE THIS!!! LOL
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You aren't seeing anyone...are you?

ha ha.. funny!!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    it's touchy for me, i'm pretty much a life long single person at this point so it makes me feel bad...so i feel your pain.