• Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm 6ft and I started at 367lbs now I'm 242lbs

Before

me003.jpg

After

weightlosspics.jpg

Incredible Job! Would you mind giving some details on how you reached 242?
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Great job, gedrick! You look like a different (younger, healthier, and happier) person.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    When I was at 367 i ate a lot and drank lots of beer but now i don't drink anymore and eat within my calories that MFP gives me , this is a great tool .I have got an elliptical machine but i've have health issues so it's not always possible to exercise so i haven't done much ,i basically eat clean and well
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I started at 120 kilos in August - 109 kilos now (and stuck) - stick with the program and control impatience

I DON'T DO PATIENT ! - I want results <pout>
  • ropey101
    ropey101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Excellent thread guys, well done to all....

Started jan 01st this year at 139.6Kgs or 306lbs and kept going all year, today was at 97.8Kgs or 215lbs. Gave up drink for first two months, started walking in march.... started C25K two weeks ago..... dont drink mid week anymore, but do I party at the weekends !!!

have been very strict(most of the time) on MFP and stick to my daily calorie count with good choices in food....

Honestly, I'm starting to like running, if you can call it that... only on W2D2 of C25K and never hungry all year.

I do miss beer and crack down the pub mid week, but exercise is filling that void....

Always looking for buddies on this site, in Ireland if anyone in same time zone(or not)... Friend me....
  • bonemuse12
    bonemuse12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread and digging it. I 6'1" and started at 306 a little over two months ago. My nutritionist recommended this site and I've been successful with it since then. I'm 25+ pounds down and looking to get down to around 200. I'm working on getting back into 5K shape (on week seven of C25K) and focusing on eating healthier and on making positive choices. I'm always looking for guys with similar goals (and ones willing to share their food journals) so feel free to add me.
  • Udail51
    Udail51 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Howdy all. 6' 3" to 6' 4" started around 480 pounds, not really sure on the top weight. I began tracking at 466 pounds and have got down as low as 306 pounds. I have stayed within 10 pounds of that low for about 6 months now. I may go down some more, not really sure yet. I am working on getting a lower body fat % at this time.

Send me a message and a friend request if you would like.
  • photobadger
    photobadger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    6'7" and started at about 283, though I probably got close to 290 at my peak. It's pretty exciting as I'm about a 5 weeks in and I'm already down a couple of notches on my belt. Best NSV to date is not grunting every time I bend over because all my belly fat seems to give my lungs a squeeze.

29469075.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    add micsca from my friendlist.
    he is my father and he has lost 70 pounds in a very short amount of time.
    hes 6' 4" and is big built. he started at 300 and is now 230.
    he still wises to lose more. :)

p.s. I HAVE FAITH IN YOU! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :D:drinker:
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Uhm, yummy ;). (big men are sexxy)
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    6'1. Started at 290, was down to 275 by the time I joined MFP a couple of weeks ago and im 262 now. going for the 'slowly does it!' approach with weight lifting and cardio (and calorie counting). I'm trying to avoid the skin sag so im going for no more than 3lb a week at the moment. The visual changes and NSV's are coming in thick and fast though so i can tell im losing more fat but ganiing muscle.

I'm running up the 3 flights of stairs to my office every day too. Everyone else takes the escalator but im making it a daily challenge and it makes me feel great!
  • sifellis
    Options
    The bigger you are, the easier the weight comes off. That's one way to stay motivated.

I began in mid-September last year at 323lbs. I've now lost 140lbs.

From nothing to everything all at once. It really is as simple as watching your calories, and moving a lot more. If people have the right mindset, they'll be amazed at what they can achieve.
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    6'-2" and started at a lifetime high of 350. I've made 180 my goal, we'll see. I've lost 31 lbs. so far. I'm trying to lose very slowly so my skin has the best chance of recovery, a pound a week. I'm doing that through diet only, no exercise. I will exercise at some point, just walking, because I really don't want to lose too fast. I'm taking a 3 year approach to this. The tracking is awesome and I now eat with accountability. I also eat ANYTHING I want, just in moderation. Great, great, thread.
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I am 6' 1" and I decided to try to do something serious when I was at 345 and realized I was a few Dove bars away from 350....

That was September 17 of this year, a friend recommended this site to me a week or so later. I started here at 341 and I am currently at 334. (I started 30 DS on Sunday and gained weight the first 5 days of it). It has been a little frustrating because when I was younger I used to be able to drop 20 pounds in a very short time. I love the food tracking on here and it has really opened my eyes to what I had been eating. After looking at the numbers, I realize that whenever I tried to diet before, I would cut back way too far, and never stick with it. I hope I am smarter about it this time, and it feels good to complete the food and exercise diaries and meet or exceed the goals for the day.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hi all, 6'1 here. I'm 47 and joined MFP on 1/29/2012. I had a different user name back then.

I started at 255lbs and have to date lost 90lbs. I'm now working on dropping the body fat % down. I'm currently at 12%. At 255 I carried most of my weight in my middle. I was had a 40 inch waist back then and was still growing before I decided to do something about it. I now have a 30 inch waist. If I can do it you guys can. Feel free to add me.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Dec, 2011 (291 lbs) and July, 2012 (199 lbs) - Currently 196 lbs since the latest picture.

.. snipped ..

Well, it's been nearly three months since my original post in this thread and I am down to 175 (my goal weight), so I thought I would update this a little!

@ 291
    Sep-2011-291-3.jpg

@175
    175-1.jpg
    photo_zps9601dbbd.jpg

Go, big men, GO! :)
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    excellent work!!!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Dec, 2011 (291 lbs) and July, 2012 (199 lbs) - Currently 196 lbs since the latest picture.

.. snipped ..

Well, it's been nearly three months since my original post in this thread and I am down to 175 (my goal weight), so I thought I would update this a little!

@ 291
    Sep-2011-291-3.jpg

@175
    175-1.jpg
    photo_zps9601dbbd.jpg

Go, big men, GO! :)

I'm not a man, but I have to say - GREAT JOB!! PS - Liked this thread as I agree that sometimes there is too much drama on here... But like a post on here said "come her to log and for support" - keep it focused!!! :) Awesome results on this thread.
  • jerendeb
    jerendeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am here. 6'1" now in the mid 170s. Was in the 205 range. This is the fastest and easier way to track between any PC & my phone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!