I absolutely CAN'T live without...

Options
Mrs. Dash Seasoning! Seriously, I put this stuff on EVERYTHING now! Any flavor I've tried so far works great- I'm hooked.

So, now you are thinking...hmm..why tell us? Well, because I want to know what food, seasoning, ingredient, side..etc...you CAN'T live without since making a healthy lifestyle change! (Fruit-loops and the like don't count..=p) Can always use new ideas for what to use when cooking!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    1 part olive oil + 2 parts lemon juice + salt & pepper to taste = a light dressing for veggies that goes really far to boost flavor and add a touch of moisture. Seems like I can't live without it lately.

And this isn't food, but my electronic kitchen scale. I can't believe I waited so long to get one! Takes the guesswork AND the washing of measuring cups out of the equation.
  • corey_07
    Options
    Peanut butter. Beer bread. Vanilla ice cream. Cheese pizza :D
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Irresistables dark chocolate fruit and nut cereal.
    Its my tiny chocolate (and antioxidant rich) indulgence.

Almonds.

MY BRITA! woot.

And my 3943294394 sets of measuring devices.
  • bethany_85
    Options
    Chocolate Vita Tops. They totally cure my chocolate craving and are low calories/low fat/high fiber. YUMMY!
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Regular ol' black pepper...seriously, I put that stuff on EVERYTHING. Well, not everything, but darn near.
    The gals at work always tease me because I put pepper on ALMOST everything I eat :blushing:
    And the best thing is, I can't stand salt...so that is good, right?!

Kaitlinj, I'm going to have to invest in a kitchen scale...you made it sound awesomely awesome :happy:

:flowerforyou: T
  • carinrogo
    Options
    I'm with you on the Mrs. Dash! Spicy Chipotle is my favourite. Delicious!!!
    V-8 is another one of my favourite things. Makes a great base for any kind of soup :-)
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    And this isn't food, but my electronic kitchen scale. I can't believe I waited so long to get one! Takes the guesswork AND the washing of measuring cups out of the equation.

Amen! Best birthday present I've ever received!

I personally cannot live without garlic! Thankfully it is good for the heart :love:
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love bread! I thought I'd miss it but I have found several that I CAN NOT live without! First - Earthgrain Thin Buns. I was a bit unsure when I first saw them, but even my kids prefer them now! Also, I start every day with a piece of toast using Healthy Choice Hearty 7 Grain bread or Sara Lee 45 calories - Delightful 100% Whole Wheat bread. YUM!

I completely agree with you on Mrs. Dash. LOVE it!

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Roasted brussel sprouts - seriously, I eat them at least 2-3 times a week. SOOOOOO good!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    cheese. any kind. (but now i eat it in serving sizes instead of in bulk.)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Bananas. Since I'm trying to give up sweets, bananas are the next best thing.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Roasted brussel sprouts - seriously, I eat them at least 2-3 times a week. SOOOOOO good!

i agree. yummo! we had some last night. i thought there might be left-overs for my lunch this week. nope.
  • questionablemethods
    Options

i agree. yummo! we had some last night. i thought there might be left-overs for my lunch this week. nope.

ME TOO! I cannot believe I forgot about those! I started craving them this year for the first time in my life and now I cannot get enough of them! Once I ate so many I actually got heartburn (which I hardly EVER get).
  • rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    HERSHEYS SUGAR FREE SPECIAL DARK! Yum! Cures my serious chocolate craving and tastes exactly like the real deal!
  • TRThurston
    Options
    Kelloggs Special K cerial bars and protein bars, eat them for snacks, breakfast and before and after work outs! They are very tasty, very satisfying and very easy! I LOVE EM!
  • questionablemethods
    Options

Kaitlinj, I'm going to have to invest in a kitchen scale...you made it sound awesomely awesome :happy:

:flowerforyou: T

Do it. It isn't even that much of an investment. I just got a cheap $16 one on Amazon. It might not be the best of the best, but it does a heck of a lot better than my eyeballs or the tiny balance scale I had.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic, Corn and Bean salsa liking Newman's right now and my Pampered Chef stoneware. I also am fond of my digital kitchen scale. Fresh fruits and veggies. A nice juice steak! Gas Grill! And my wonderful loving and supportive friends and family!
  • khubbard1207
    khubbard1207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like Trueheart's Blend Low Sodium Spices. It was made by a chef in Alaska that my mom knows personally. It tastes great on anything. I just rub some into chicken and bake. Thats it!! There is an email address on the label of tntent@gci.net He may be able to ship some.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    50% reduced sugar white cake and diet cream soda w/ff cream cheese-cool whip frosting.

baked apples w/sugar free caramel

16 bean soup

1c frozen strawberries w/ 1 motts cran apple sauce. blended and frozen. (I split this up into 2-4 servings depending on the time of day I eat it.)
  • khubbard1207
    khubbard1207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Roasted brussel sprouts? How do you do that, Id like to try.