30 lbs challenge

Options
Lets start a thread for those wanting to lose 30 no matter where you are it...if its the 2nd half of your weight loss journey or your first 30 lbs. I need to get to 150-155 from 183 lbs. I need motivation to stay the course.

I am on 1200 cal a day, Working out with a trainer 3x a week and hiking for an hour 4 days a week.

I hope to be down 5 lbs by end of the month.

Replies

• kerrid72
    kerrid72 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You are about right where I am and I would also LOVE to be down 30 lbs. I was only about 10 lbs from my first goal but have gained back up 20 lbs. I need the motivation and maybe keep accountable to someone else would help. Feel free to add my as a friend if you would like.
  • emchandler26
    Options
    This is a great group!!! Thank you! 30 lbs is my new long term goal! :-)
  • Slim140
    Slim140 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok.. You're both on. Lets check in every day and maybe your food intake to hold each other accountable. I am so excited. I haven't even:happy: shared with anyone that i am dieting and have a work out trainer. Just want to surprise everyone.
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have about 80-85lbs to go to get to my main goal (I'm going to re-evaluate my goal in another 40 lbs, and see where I want to be.). I need to try and get back on track with my exercising. I have next to no energy because it's getting much colder out.
    I'll try checking in every day, having a toddler to chase after, it gets a little difficult.

We can all do this, we have to set our minds to it, focus and support each other!
  • columbae86
    Options
    I'd like to be in too, please!
    But I REALLY need encouragements!!
    Last winter I tried to diet, and it didn't work... My pal was too easy on me. ;-) I now put back all the weight on... plus a little.
    I am a student, atteind conferences, have a job, but I can't make excuses for myself all the time! Yes, I'm busy, but I NEED to find time to exercise. Please help me to hold on, I'll encourage you as well!
  • Slim140
    Options
    You both on for the challenge....we will look fabulous for the holidays. Anyone else please feel free to join. Its very important that we check in everyday.
  • Slim140
    Options
    yay!!! Lost 2.5 lbs. Exactly 30 lbs. to go
  • krb67MI
    Options
    I'm in too. I really would like to lose about 80 pounds. But I'd love to set 30 pounds as my medium/short-term goal. I really was thinking about trying to get 40 pounds down in 3 months. I'd really have to make some changes, but I am going to give it a shot. Been working out a lot, and am working on adding more cardio. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the challenge!

KimB
  • irmmartinez1
    Options
    I'm in!!! I want to lose more but 30 is my first goal. I'm on a 1200 diet and work out 6-7x a week. I need to lose my first 30 by the end of the year! Good luck everyone. Let's do this!
  • kerrid72
    kerrid72 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all! Here's to a great week!!
  • supriya_62
    Options
    Hey.!! I am in... i will take up to loose 30lb challege.. :)
  • nsnyeahh
    nsnyeahh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in too :) I need to lose 47 pounds still (already have lost 38) so it would be great to have people help me get through these 30 pounds! I'd like to lose it by the end of January, then lose my last 17 pounds by mid-March! Add me anybody joining this :)
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sign me up!! Another 30lbs and I'll be a "healthy" BMI. Great challenge.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm at 30 pounds left on the nose. Just remember 1200 calories is not enough food especially when/if you work out.
  • coolonedee
    coolonedee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey...me too! I'm at 178# and want to see 148# again. Add me to the challange. Woot Woot!
  • SKoch521
    SKoch521 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to be part of the 30 day challenge! I hit the gym for the first time in 4 months today and really want to get back on track.
  • dwoodmanjr
    dwoodmanjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in !! I have a lot further than 30 lbs, but 30 by end of the year could be doable.
  • smilingcathy
    Options
    I want to join too....I've been losing and finding the same 5 lbs or so -- and then when i have a bad couple of days, i quit journaling. am running a half marathon in 4 weeks and am determined to get back on track. 30 pounds would put me back where i was in my 30's. i'd LOVE that!!! lookin' forward to how everyone succeeds!!!! :happy:
  • cwilson26
    cwilson26 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have almost 40 to go, so I'm in!
  • iPlugs
    iPlugs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. I have... a lot to go and I just got back on track (other than this past weekend was kind of a wreck). My boyfriend offered me a cruise to the Bahamas if I hit my goal weight, so I gotta get a move on it!