I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    I am fat because I used to overeat wasn't very active. ENOUGH!
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    I really have no idea why. I've always been a clean eater, with a very manual job
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Because I was a lazy procrastinator who always said I'd do it tomorrow. And because I ate too much processed junk and didn't move enough. Period.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love food, all of it. I REALLY love beer, mostly all of it. I love drinking a lot of beer and getting food to sober me up at 2:00 am. Oh yeah, and I love to sleep until noon instead of working out.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I was fat because I stopped exercising regularly but continued to eat as though I was.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    1) I'm an emotional eater: If I'm stressed out or sad because I feel that my future is not so good, I eat. If I'm stressed out about something that is 'good', I don't eat.

2) Portion control. I generally eat healthy food, and I tend to over eat healthy foods!
  • kelsey054
    kelsey054 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy. Would rather lay on the couch all day and play with my daughter all day, then up and at it at the gym.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I used to be fat because I ate too much an exercised too little. Now I eat just enough and exercise daily!
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I AM FAT BECAUSE......

I eat when I'm not hungry.
    I eat when I'm happy.
    I eat when I'm sad.
    I eat when I'm lonely.
    I eat with my friends.
    & so on & so forth...
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    although I eat very healthily, I have a major problem with portion control, not to mention a weakness for wine!

I eat "fairly healthily" now and I share your weakness for wine. It makes good food taste better!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    First because my mother insisted I finish my plate no matter what, cause starving kids in (insert country.)

Would that be a Dutch mom, by any chance?
    It sounds suspiciously familiar. :)

LoL nope, New Englander mom, where most plates were half filled with potatoes in one form or other. Haha.. Though my hubbys Dutch mom is quite like that, but he can eat like a horse and not gain. dammit -,-
  • melissa5604
    Options
    I think it is a combination of several factors. 10 Yrs ago I had to have an emergency total hysterectomy at the old age of 34 , I was not educated on the effects it would have on my body...but it was not a choice...Taking HRT was a choice, but at the time I needed to start the HRT , there was alot of news about it increasing the risk of breast cancer , so my Dr actually told me NOT to take it.
    I was 5'5" and 125 lbs when I had surgery.
    I never "exercised" but was active..I went dancing every week, swimming , biking, and my job was very physical.
    About 6 months later my first grandson was born, I met my future husband ..

Within a yr I had moved in with my future husband, and I started gaining weight. He does not dance , swim , or go biking. He really is very inactive , and his habits became my habits. He also refuses to have any kind of chicken in the house, so where I was eating chicken and beans and rice before , now I was cooking beef almost everynight plus he loves southern fried foods , so I was cooking unhealthy CRAP .
    One year after my first grandson was born , my daughter gave birth to another boy, and he had major birth defects. He died 10 months later , I was not handling it well..although , I NEVER understood HOW my Dr expected me to handle it..he prescribed xanax, ambian, and anti-depressants...I gained probaly 20 lbs and never even cared.
    Needless to say, you are supposed to cry and be sad when a loved one , especially a baby dies.

Between that , and my husband , my Dad passed, and some other family tragedy, I was on anti depressants and the other meds for 6 yrs. Then my cat tripped me going down the stairs , and I fell down, I have two discs that ruptured , so the drs added vicodin to the toxic cocktail I was already taking. Vicodin really messed me up , I gained 55 lbs in 4 yrs after starting that MEDICATION.

We had moved from Texas, to Malaysia, then to Russia...I slipped in Russia and broke my ankle, so I was really up *kitten* creek cause crutches DO NOT work on ice. I was finally sent back to Texas for medical leave in the FALL of 2011..In February of this yr , I decided enough was enough. I detoxed off the meds on my own , at home..with the help of my daughters help..hubby did not want me going to rehab cause it might be BAD for HIS career. Yep he is a selfish fool, we are working on that. Or he is.
    I have a digestive disease , and just in Sept , had to take some pain meds..I hated it , but this pain is not something tylenol or motrin will take care of. I have been taking anti biotics since Sept 17 and they were making me so nauseated..I cold not keep them down..My weakness, is Dr pepper, Lord , I wish they had never invented this stuff..and sweet tea..they are like my crack.
    Fried okra, shrimp...and mashed potatos..lol..I can go without sweet foods, but savory foods are my problem. I was trained by a CIA teacher to cook , and that might be my downfall..:)
    Another thing is some people who are skinny , see theirselves as fat everytime they look in the mirror...I am opposite, I never saw the fat till someone would take my photo..so I just avoided being photographed..stuck my head in the sand..and of course I felt horrible , amazing how just 20 lbs will alter your health ..

So it was not one thing that made me fat but several factors, and I still did not writer them ALL ...some I am still processing in my own head, and am not ready to even speak about them.:(

I have made several changes , I have been working out with a trainer , 5 times a week at Golds Gym. When I shop for food , I dont buy ANYTHING with a box top OR that has a COUPON..the coupons give you garbage to feed your body for free or almost free..not saving anything there..in the long run. I hate it too, cause I was an extreme couponer before the show ever came along.
    I do not eat anything from a mix, or a box, if I cannot make it I dont want it...I dont eat FAKE foods..that is stuff sold as food, that is made from FOOD LIKE substances...the only food I take that comes in a package is a protein shake and the occasional dr pepper. Last week was different cause I had people cooking here and I ate what they ate..but it made me even sicker. I eat kale or spinach and beans almost EVERY day...I still love french fries , I told my trainer thats my recovery food:) but I do limit them to once maybe twice a week and I never order a large. I am not a huge meat eater, blame it on my Dad who took me hunting and tried to get me to gut a deer when I was 6 yrs old...I cannot stomach deer or lamb at all , and if it is runny , nope wont eat that either..I would make a wonderful vegitarian ..but my hubs says my talent would be wasted :(.

For some reason , my sense of smell has increased dramatically , in the past 10 yrs..and if it smells nasty < I am NOT eating it.
    My weakness before I started eating whole foods, was raspberry ANYTHING....until I read how they make artificial raspberry flavoring..It comes from the ingredient castorium , which is gathered from the ANAL GLAND of the beaver...no more raspberry flavoring for me. I eat raspBERRYS but not anything made with artificial raspberry flavor.
    Then the PINK SLIME made the news , now I do not eat ANY meat from Krogers, and no lunch meat that is anything remotly formed.
    Ha , it drives my daughter and grandkids CRAZY...I do not ever eat at McDonalds, and will not take the kids there either..oor Burger King, Taco Bell, ...They miss the old me..lol.
    Ok I wrote a book..sorry.
  • pk140
    pk140 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    although I eat very healthily, I have a major problem with portion control, not to mention a weakness for wine!

this along with being too lazy to do any form of exercise! Still have a slight problem with portion control but trying to get there!

That's just mean and possibly untrue. "along with being too lazy" - people that are on this site shouldn't be mean to each other. We all get enough of that.
  • TELR85
    TELR85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    because I settled for a 2nd rate version of me because I was afraid of constantly failing which reinforced a constant negative self image. I didnt really believe that I deserved better, and when I did do well and achieve....I sabotaged my progress. I DESERVE BETTER FOR MYSELF.

BUMP to That!!!!!

Because I didn't think I was worthy of success or happiness. Being an emotional eater is a slippery slope...but I now know how fabulous I am, despite what size I am. I now want my outside to reflect the healthy beautiful person that is inside.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I AM FAT BECAUSE DESPITE LOSING OVER 200 POUNDS AND LEARNING TO LOVE MYSELF, MY MEASUREMENTS STILL SHOW ME AS OBESE. I AM FAT BECAUSE I AM GOOD ENOUGH THE WAY I AM NOW AND MY HEALTH IS EXCELLENT. I AM FAT BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS SMALLER THAN ME, BUT SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS BE BIGGER THAN ME AND THAT'S OK TOO. I AM FAT BECAUSE I AM ME, CURVY, GORGEOUS AND NO LONGER DEFINED BY SOCIETY OR ANYONE ELSE
  • passion4peace
    passion4peace Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I thought that I had to eat twice as much as a normal person during my pregnancy...Gained so much excess weight!! After I had my daughter I THOUGHT that it would all go away. Turned out there was only an 15 pound difference!! All that I gained was mostly fat and I have been fighting to get it off for the past two years...
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Stress eating.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Because I didn't realise that caring about myself meant caring about my body.

Because I didn't realise that even what is considered a reasonable amount of excess fat can set your body up to malfunction.

Because I didn't have all the tools needed to get myself back in shape

Because it took me a long time to work through the idea of bad/good food

I now have a handle on it all..and I feel great!
  • passion4peace
    passion4peace Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You go girl! :smile:
  • _shortstack
    _shortstack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love sex and had two babies.
    o.O