I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• cheercoach80
    Options
    I ate way too much and did nothing for exercise, I got emotional and gave up on myself! Eating to cope has gotten me here, no excuses, it's my own fault!
  • kaali85
    kaali85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Because I had four babies within 7years and never bothered to fully lose the weight each time,
    Also because I always made excuses of being too tired to do stuff or tied down cos of the kids.
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have delayed sleep-phase syndrome. (No matter what I do I fall asleep one hour later than the day before everyday, so every few weeks I am up all night) For years I would eat like less than a person should during the weeks I could stay awake during the day, but the week I was up all night, I felt terrible, lethargic and lonely I ate horrible stuff, and tons of it (especially fast food since it was the only restaurant ever open at 3am-6am). The combination of the two left me fat, this made me depressed and I made the situation much worse. I used to 'fix' my sleep by forcing myself to stay up for 2 days so I could go to sleep at a 'normal' time. On those days I would not eat anything for hours (usually 10-12 then get so hungry I would over do it when I did eat something)

Now I eat the same amount of calories every 'day' no matter what time frame my day is. I can't wait until I get to post "I am a healthy weight because..." someday.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I used food as a coping mechanism when abuse started when I was 13. Food was the only thing I felt was in my control.

Since then, it's been an issue and has been hard to get to where I love myself.

AND, it doesn't help that my thyroid is out of whack.
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    ....I ate unhealthy and didn't exercise.
    Ditto...
  • queenkb
    queenkb Posts: 39
    Options
    I love food..especially rich food, sauces are my sin..cream sauce, butter sauce, spicy sauce, cheesy sauce and oh yeah I am a cookie Monster!
  • queenkb
    Options
    LOL! Good one!
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ... i was lazy and fell out of love with exercise and more in love with food.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I ate too much and didn't exercise enough. Same as everyone else.
  • queenkb
    Options
    LOL..I am vodka girl that has recently gone to wine...aka..bad to WORSE!
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    -ate unhealthy
    -didn't work out
    -became too comfortable in relationships & let myself go

after all the "excuses" I think most of us can agree to this!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I was fat because I never had any concept of what a portion of food actually is.

I am no longer fat because I learned. I will be cremated with my trusty pink measuring cup.
  • teacherinorlando
    teacherinorlando Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • vyolette
    vyolette Posts: 23
    Options
    Portions, car accidents (stop hitting me people!!!), i love to eat, i love to cook, my relationship makes me sad and lack exercise. I love food, it loves me, it's a love/hate kinda relationship.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    i *was* fat because i love food. all kinds. i ate cuz i was bored, i ate cuz it tasted good etc. mmmmmm i still love food, but thankfully my stomach has shrunk so i can't gorge like i used to even when i try lol
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I was fat because i ate chocolate, crisps, cakes ect like they were going out of fashion. I stopped eating this crap and got myself fit. New diet. New me.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    plus its nice now to be able to look down see ones willy! :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I <3 sugar!

And I let myself get lazy.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I WAS fat because... My dad left me with an emotional void as a child and I filled it in with food. How things have changed!
  • Shadowliger
    Options
    I am fat because;

well lets see My 52 year old mother is 320lbs, my 50 year old father is 280lbs, my 26 year old is 275 and I was 240 so in other words my entire family is horribly obese. My mother is an amazing cook but she never taught us portion control (obviously). Also when I was a little kid I was a tap/ballet dancer but was such a cluz that I knocked over everyone during a performance. My teacher was furious and told me to get out and never come back. I was 6 at the time for goodness sake. That really tramatized me in the way that now I'm EXTREMELY shy now and can't handle walking/running/working out in front of people (so forget going to the gym).

Sad childhood story aside I can't completely blame it on that. I'm short at 5'1 and have never been thin. I graduated high school almost five years ago and started college. My college doesn't have a meal plan and I live in the middle of the city with no grocery stores nearby so I ate the food that you can buy at a convience store. Also since my (art) major has me sitting in front of a computer or desk for most of my time I didn't exercise enough.

Also due to my extreme shyness I don't have any self-esteem so I didn't care about myself, ironically enough i'm not an emotional eater.

I've decided that I'm not going to be just another fat @ss in my family. So I'm on my way!:smile: