Breakfast at work

Options
124»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Mix frozen fruit into yogurt. As the fruit thaws it will keep the yogurt cold. Add your seeds or cereal when you get to work. I like all bran buds. Very yummy and very filling.

I haven't read all the responses yet .... but this is a great idea. I have a large corning ware mug with a snap on lid ... perfect for this (at Target). Also, a few chopped nuts will go a long way to curbing hunger. Grape Nuts or Kashi Go Lean are good add ins too.

Measure the ingredients ahead of time & portion out into zip lock bags. Grab-n Go!
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My work has a water bottle with HOT water dispenser. Your office might have a coffee machine that dispenses hot water also.

I make most mornings.

1. HOT oatmeal. I use traditional, not "quick" oats. I nuke the corning wear mug for 66 seconds to heat the mug, then add dry oats, and top with hot water. I keep covered for 5 or more mins to let the oats fluff. Then I add up to 2 tbsp of cold milled flax seed. Depending on the day, I may also add in seeds, protein powder, high protein yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, etc.
    2. Tea, a blend of black and green with Truvia. After brewing with the same source of hot water, I pour over 52oz of cold water and ICE for a frosty all day cool beverage.

3. Occasionally replace one, with something else for variety. Fruit, nuts/seeds, protein shake, but usually something easy, not requiring cooking or a recipe. I don't just stick to "breakfast" foods. I actually did very well on Lentils one week, for example. Didn't get the crazy binge cravings I get from fast food breakfasts I used to gain all my weight in the first place.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    And peeking at your diary, I noticed that you like mushy oatmeal instead of chewy/crunchy oatmeal. That's definitely something I can't understand. Is that an excuse to avoid baking? :laugh:

:smokin:

You are completely missing my point. Totally missing it. So, I give up. Eating in the morning is all I'm talking about. it doesn't matter what. You don't have to bake. Do something else. Eggs. Cheese. Biscuit. Toast with peanut butter. Anything. Why can't that be done???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I understand you are not a morning person. But again, thats a bullsh*t excuse, not a reason. Anyone can get up early. Anyone. Saying, "I can't do it" is lame.

That's all. I'm out of this because it seems silly to me. Get your *kitten* up and eat. It's that simple.

If you're not going to be supportive...don't say anything. I'm a morning person, my husband is not, I don't get it. No need for cursing....really??? Come on....
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Make your smoothie the night before and sip on it when you're hungry-I do it every day!
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Get up 30 minutes early and eat breakfast at home.

That might work for some people, but not so much for others. I would honestly need to get up a couple of hours early in order to be able to actually prepare nutritious food in the a.m. It takes me a good two hours to be fully alert.

Sounds like an excuse, not a reason. But, maybe I don't understand the question. I get up a 4:30am. Workout. Then make breakfast. Then, go to work. Why is making breakfast in the morning not an option. I do not understand.

This would NEVER work for me. I'm not a morning person AT ALL. I've tried getting up super early to workout...it never happens. I end up hitting the snooze button umpteen million times. It's hard enough for me to get up at 0600 for work.

I make "oatmeal containers" to take to work. 1/2 cup dried oatmeal and a small container with toppings (raw sugar and usually sliced almonds or chopped walnuts)...I add water and microwave when I get to work. They're saved as a "meal" so they're very easy to add to my dairy. I make a week's worth at a time so they're just grab and go.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    And peeking at your diary, I noticed that you like mushy oatmeal instead of chewy/crunchy oatmeal. That's definitely something I can't understand. Is that an excuse to avoid baking? :laugh:

You are completely missing my point. Totally missing it. So, I give up. Eating in the morning is all I'm talking about. it doesn't matter what. You don't have to bake. Do something else. Eggs. Cheese. Biscuit. Toast with peanut butter. Anything. Why can't that be done???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I understand you are not a morning person. But again, thats a bullsh*t excuse, not a reason. Anyone can get up early. Anyone. Saying, "I can't do it" is lame.

That's all. I'm out of this because it seems silly to me. Get your *kitten* up and eat. It's that simple.

wow - its just breakfast - its not child abuse.... you can relax
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm a prep ahead girl - I 'bake' bacon (on a cooling rack, nestled into a foil-lined cookie sheet - at 400 for 20 minutes) for the week, and put that into a ziplock bag with a slice of cheese (one of the sargentos reduced fat versions), and pour 1/2 cup of egg beaters (florentine flavor, southwest flavor or plain) into a little tupperware cup. Nuke that for 2 minutes, top with a slice of cheese, and nuke the bacon for about 20 seconds on a paper towel to finish it up - and have a hearty breakfast for about 170 calories.
  • jodiegrice
    Options
    Muffins - Liquid egg whites, fresh spinach cut up, fat free feta, spray muffin pan, pour 3/4 full with egg whites add spinach and feta bake 375 degrees for 35 minutes. I reheat for 2 minutes at work. I eat 2 and calculate 25 calories each.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i boil a dozen eggs and keep them in the fridge for snack. when i dont have time for breakfast i grab a few to eat at my desk. i also keep packs of low sugar instant oatmeal at my desk and fresh berries in the work fridge.

i've also made bacon in the oven while i got ready. threw the strips in a tupperware and taken that and had it with the oatmeal and fruit
  • vlivengood
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave and toaster over.... if so I have a few prep the night before recipes.... when I fail on those... I like light toast with reduced fat chunky peanut butter and half a large banna, or light bagels with light cream cheese a slice of deli ham and a slice of tomato, there is always instant oatmeal with fresh fruitt!

Aslo, who says breakfast has to be breakfast food, pack your self a sandwich or have a can of soup...............
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

wow - its just breakfast - its not child abuse.... you can relax

:laugh: This is what I was thinking last night. I'm like, why are you tripping out over someone making their breakfast ahead of time.

Some people just crack me up. Maybe I should start a new "mean people" thread. bwahaha :smokin:
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Get up 30 minutes early and eat breakfast at home.

That might work for some people, but not so much for others. I would honestly need to get up a couple of hours early in order to be able to actually prepare nutritious food in the a.m. It takes me a good two hours to be fully alert.

Sounds like an excuse, not a reason. But, maybe I don't understand the question. I get up a 4:30am. Workout. Then make breakfast. Then, go to work. Why is making breakfast in the morning not an option. I do not understand.

Never said it wasn't an option love :)
    #1 I just don't feel like eating that early, and I'm not a believer in forcing yourself to eat when you're not hungry and have lost a ton of weight with this mentality.
    #2 I get hungry at 8am regardless of whether I've eaten prior to that, so may as well make that my breakfast at my desk
    #3 MAKING breakfast definitely isn't the issue, I'd get up an hour earlier if it meant making a great work breakfast or lunch. I just prefer eating it at my desk, I really don't see where the confusion lies? :S Maybe you need more omega3 for breakfast ;)