If your S.O. could fit your clothes...

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    He has a larger waist than me but smaller hips, by far. His butt is so small, it just looks silly in shorts.
    It wouldn't be a dealbreaker if he could fit in my clothes. As long as he wasn't wearing my underwear.

We wear the same shoe size. That's embarrassing ;\

My husband and I are also very close in shoes. He wears an 8.5 in mens, I wear a 9 in womens.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    lol My bf spent a whole day wearing my jeans and wondering why the heck they were so tight.
    Seems He got dressed in the dark and assumed they were his....he came home talking about needing to go on a diet cause his pants were way past tight into uncomfortable. Low and behold I check him out and he's wearing MY jeans!

The kids still make fun of him for it.:tongue:

If he were willingly running around in my bra and panties I might have an issue. This slight mishap im ok with.
    I wear his shirts/hoodies all the time. :)

Just to add, I'm 5'6 hes 6"3 hahahaha I still don't get how he didnt notice
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I wear his shirts, but they're loose on him and "girl-fit" on me, hah!
    I've been fat for years, so I'm normally the bigger one.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Yeah it would bother me, a lot. He's taller, bigger boned and has a terminal illness and if he could fit into my clothes, he'd be near death. :(

I don't care how big we are in comparison to each other. I love him no matter what. :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 160lbs so this make a difference.

1.) It used to when I was younger and insecure.

2.) No, obviously not. My husband and I are pretty much the same size. He's about a half inch taller and varies between 160 and 170lbs. He wears a size 30 pants, I wear a size 8, which I think are pretty much the same.

3.) It used to make me feel fat and big and unfeminine. Now 'eh, I'm a "big" woman, he's an average size man. I don't NEED to feel small to feel feminine. I've become much more confident and comfortable with myself. My femininity isn't defined by my size, my muscles or my hair.

good for you. your tone is rather condescending though--maybe not your intent. I am happy you derive confidence in embracing what you've been blessed with--hair, body, and muscles the way they are.

If I was condescending I was talking to my "old self" not anyone else.
  • kbubbles87
    kbubbles87 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 40 lbs heavier than me and can fit my clothes. It doesnt bother me that much. He still looks bigger than me and feels like a teddy bear to me when we are cuddling so its okay to me! hehe
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    My husband is an inch taller and maybe 15 pounds heavier, so I can wear his clothes and he can squeeze into most of mine. It's not a big deal, but then the original poster was probably assuming a heteronormative world where all couples exhibit sexual dimorphism. Or not.

no i wasn't ASSUMING anything about all couples. I was basically asking, in an indirect fashion, if sexual dimorphism is important for others. For me it is... realize that my preferences are not shared by all couples or all people.
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 160lbs so this make a difference.

1.) It used to when I was younger and insecure.

2.) No, obviously not. My husband and I are pretty much the same size. He's about a half inch taller and varies between 160 and 170lbs. He wears a size 30 pants, I wear a size 8, which I think are pretty much the same.

3.) It used to make me feel fat and big and unfeminine. Now 'eh, I'm a "big" woman, he's an average size man. I don't NEED to feel small to feel feminine. I've become much more confident and comfortable with myself. My femininity isn't defined by my size, my muscles or my hair.

good for you. your tone is rather condescending though--maybe not your intent. I am happy you derive confidence in embracing what you've been blessed with--hair, body, and muscles the way they are.

If I was condescending I was talking to my "old self" not anyone else.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Dude when I get to a point where my bf could fit in my clothes I'd be happy. I'm seven inches taller and currently 107lbs heavier. I'm waring XL shirts and he wears a M....ugh haha. He's losing weight too, so he'll always be smaller. My clothes would look like a tent on him haha.
    However, his feet are bigger than mine. Occasionally I borrow running shoes from him. He has a pair that's smaller on him but about 1/2 a size big on me. I have small feet for my height.

And if the OP is in fact referring to the fact that my bf would then be a cross-dresser and would that bother me, the answer is no. I don't love him because he's a man, I love him because he's Luca. If he told me he wanted to dress up like a woman on Saturday nights and could be borrow my mascara, I would probably help him put it on.
  • shortnerdy
    Options
    Would never happen as I'm 5'2. Unless its my hoddies I buy them XXXL on purprose because I love being cozy. I'm a M or an L at most
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Considering I'm a pretty big guy, I'd hope she could fit into my clothes. Even when I'm down to my goal BF%, she should fit into my clothes. If she couldn't, she'd be one hell of a big girl, in every dimension!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Of late, I am taking back sweatshirts and other things my wife has "borrowed" from me over the years. She seems a little upset by it. I figure, since they fit me again, they should be mine again.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I just love throwing around big words, love4fitness. I shouldn't have assumed you were assuming anything!
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    S.O. has to weigh more than I do. Just a mental issue I have.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Yes, I like a guy who looks like a guy... someone who feels like he could protect me, not someone the same size as a me :noway: So, it would absolutely bother me. I wore my husband's t-shirts to bed when I was hugely pregnant. Other than that, there is no sharing of clothes between us. Even if he got down to his lowest 'healthy' BMI, he still wouldn't be able to fit into my clothes.
    Options
    Yes, I like a guy who looks like a guy... someone who feels like he could protect me, not someone the same size as a me :noway: So, it would absolutely bother me. I wore my husband's t-shirts to bed when I was hugely pregnant. Other than that, there is no sharing of clothes between us. Even if he got down to his lowest 'healthy' BMI, he still wouldn't be able to fit into my clothes.

That's exactly how i feel. <3
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Well..my clothes would be falling off of him at the moment haha. He wears a 34 jean..I wore a 36 (11/13) when I was about 60 lbs lighter. And when I was in that size, he was in a 30/32..so he's been smaller than me our entire relationship..no, not a deal breaker. It does bug me though..I can't wait till the day I can comfortabley slip on his jeans haha. And then..I'm determined to be smaller than him. :D
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0, 203lbs....wife is 5'2, 115....she wears my shirts to bed sometimes....I'm good with that. lol
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness i'd love it, would mean that i'm nice and slim! hah.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

My fiance is about my height, similar shoe size, and is very fit so could probably wear some of my less form-fitting clothes. But he's also 30lbs heavier than me because he is pure muscle, and he can certainly protect me (practices jiu jitsu, karate, krav maga, etc. and can easily throw me over his shoulder).

Physical size isn't necessarily a good indicator of whether someone is a good protector or not, and seems like a poor base for determining if someone is a good mate, in my opinion.