Nipples................................& running

Options
PJ64
PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
Sorry if its not exactly the Nipply topic some were hoping, But, I was running outside today and it was a little chilly but not too bad. Apparantly my nipples thought it was colder and were rubbing on my shirt. After my run I was walking back to the gym and this lady said "Excuse me but did you know you're bleeding?" YUP, rubbed raw and bleeding, so any advice on what to do to prevent this? and NO DUCT TAPE :tongue:

I know I don't need to say this to you MFP loonies but of course feel free to ad your jokes/puns/lurid talk:wink:

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Dude, you need a better sports bra. :laugh:

I don't know. Band-aids? A snugger shirt that doesn't move so much?
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    I don't really have any advice.... but I've got to say I have never heard of this before.

Ouuuuuuch! :s Maybe try a different material for your top... lol.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Actually, I would say try athletic tape or something.
  • PJ64
    Options
    Dude, you need a better sports bra. :laugh:

For my MOOBS? :laugh:
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    lawl. I would try body glide. or perhaps liquid skin made for blisters. I've used it. Its like kevlar for your nipples
  • PJ64
    Options
    lawl. I would try body glide. or perhaps liquid skin made for blisters. I've used it. Its like kevlar for your nipples

Nice, thanks
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Body glide will save you.

My coworker had the same problem and now he gets a stick of Body Glide from me for his bday!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    This is a common running topic... especially for long distance runners. Vaseline can help, as can band-aids. Tight fitting clothes can only help so much...
  • zmoreno10
    zmoreno10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Body glide works well in numerous different areas.

My personal preference is to wear a compression shirt as it really cuts down on the rubby rub.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    3M Transpore Medical tape. You can get it at any drugstore and it works wonders. I know because I have the same problem:)
  • ann81091
    Options
    :smile: bandaids?????
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    My friend runs marathons and she told me about this. I thought it was crazy too but it makes sense. She used bandaids and a tight fitting shirt. Worked perfectly.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Body glide will save you.

My coworker had the same problem and now he gets a stick of Body Glide from me for his bday!

THIS. And Tara....Seriously girl...you need to live closer! I need better bday presents lmao!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    LOL!

all joking aside though, use lanolin. The same thing happens to new moms who are breastfeeding. Hurts like hell.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Nipple guards, band aids or shirtless. i go shirtless, but where i live it doesn't get much colder then 30 so that's doable.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Stay away from cotton t-shirts when running. Cotton = Devil (at least in the running arena)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    small round bandaids over your nipples during your run should do the trick. 3M would work the best, they're thicker and the adhesive is more water resistant.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    good lord!

sounds painful!

also sounds like lack of moisture. why dont you try using petroleum jelly to avoid chafing? works for babies bums...
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My brother wears band aids :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On this nipple note, ladies........when your at the gym, and your lifting, how do you keep that damn nipples at bay????? I only have one padded sports bra to hide these but all the other ones I have don't work so well.:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use stripper pasties when the 3M tape runs out:)