If your S.O. could fit your clothes...

Options

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    BF is on medicine that's caused him to lose a lot of weight. He is either slightly above or right around my weight, and I'm pretty sure his waist is smaller than mine now. Fcks with my mind.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    One of my best NSVs was when I realized I was small enough to fit into Hub's pants! It was just a fluke thing one night when I'd gotten ready for bed then remembered my car windows were down and it was gonig to rain. So I grabbed the closest pair of pants and when I zipped them up and they were a bit snug I realized they were his and did a little happy dance!

Anyway, he's always been skinnier than me but in the last year or so we switched places. He's losing weight again but my waist is still a bit smaller than his. :) I wear his old shorts in the summer and he's wearing some of my old t-shirts that are too big for me now. He's 8 inches taller than me so he'll never be able to wear my pants without them looking like high waters. LOL!
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has no butt and no hips so he could easily fit into all of my clothes :laugh: and they'd probably be falling off of him. I've been heavier than him for the last few years of our relationship. Before I injured my back we were at the same weight and at one point I was well below him which I :heart: Hoping to get down to 130 again. He's only 150 if that but all muscle. *drool*
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, I like a guy who looks like a guy... someone who feels like he could protect me, not someone the same size as a me :noway: So, it would absolutely bother me. I wore my husband's t-shirts to bed when I was hugely pregnant. Other than that, there is no sharing of clothes between us. Even if he got down to his lowest 'healthy' BMI, he still wouldn't be able to fit into my clothes.

My fiance is about my height, similar shoe size, and is very fit so could probably wear some of my less form-fitting clothes. But he's also 30lbs heavier than me because he is pure muscle, and he can certainly protect me (practices jiu jitsu, karate, krav maga, etc. and can easily throw me over his shoulder).

Physical size isn't necessarily a good indicator of whether someone is a good protector or not, and seems like a poor base for determining if someone is a good mate, in my opinion.

My same-size-as-me husband could also protect me. But I do find it odd that this is a factor in choosing a mate (and I mean this in a let's have a interesting discussion manner, not in a "let's start insulting each other" manner). And I don't mean to imply that I'm all powerful and could protect myself, I just don't think I'll be in a circumstance where I need protecting often enough to let it dictate my life partner. Do I find muscles sexy? Yes! That's why I'm with a muscular man, not because I need protection. That and this muscular man is funny, loving, a good friend, a good father, mentally stable, etc.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    IMHO, it's not an indication of manliness in general BUT some women may perceive it that way because that's what turns them on/off. I'm not a fan of hairy dudes but plenty of women think body hair is sexy as hell. There is no right or wrong, just personal preference.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Yes, I like a guy who looks like a guy... someone who feels like he could protect me, not someone the same size as a me :noway: So, it would absolutely bother me. I wore my husband's t-shirts to bed when I was hugely pregnant. Other than that, there is no sharing of clothes between us. Even if he got down to his lowest 'healthy' BMI, he still wouldn't be able to fit into my clothes.

My fiance is about my height, similar shoe size, and is very fit so could probably wear some of my less form-fitting clothes. But he's also 30lbs heavier than me because he is pure muscle, and he can certainly protect me (practices jiu jitsu, karate, krav maga, etc. and can easily throw me over his shoulder).

Physical size isn't necessarily a good indicator of whether someone is a good protector or not, and seems like a poor base for determining if someone is a good mate, in my opinion.

Luckily, I didn't determine if he's a 'good mate' based solely on his size/stature or his ability to protect me. I'm more attracted to guys who are tall and have a large frame. I'm not attracted to overly thin guys; just like some people prefer brunettes or blondes. It's simply MY preference. It's what I'm attracted to. I don't go around expecting to be attacked... I live in rural Pennsylvania for crying out loud, I'd be more likely to be attacked by a farm animal.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    It would be a deal breaker.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My same-size-as-me husband could also protect me. But I do find it odd that this is a factor in choosing a mate (and I mean this in a let's have a interesting discussion manner, not in a "let's start insulting each other" manner). And I don't mean to imply that I'm all powerful and could protect myself, I just don't think I'll be in a circumstance where I need protecting often enough to let it dictate my life partner. Do I find muscles sexy? Yes! That's why I'm with a muscular man, not because I need protection. That and this muscular man is funny, loving, a good friend, a good father, mentally stable, etc.

Totally agree. I don't really ever feel like I need protecting, but even if I did, my 5'7" fiance would be more than capable. But who the heck cares? I'd place "good protector" pretty low on my list of priorities below things like "intelligent", "fun", "good communicator", "willing to wash the dishes when I cook"...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My first boyfriend and I wore the same size, and he'd sometimes wear my clothes. Not dresses or any particularly girlie clothes, but he "borrowed" some of my lycra pants for the yoga class he took in college and never gave them back.

In retrospect, I'm a little disturbed that I wasn't disturbed that he stole my leggings. :indifferent:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    For me it's about attraction-- a man that "looks" like a man isn't SKINNY. He's not whispy looking. It's not that he need to "protect me" but that he embodies what I see as masculine. He should BE CAPABLE of protecting me--but I don't expect for those skills to be called into use. Does that make sense?
  • LizL217
    Options
    Luckily, I didn't determine if he's a 'good mate' based solely on his size/stature or his ability to protect me. I'm more attracted to guys who are tall and have a large frame. I'm not attracted to overly thin guys; just like some people prefer brunettes or blondes. It's simply MY preference. It's what I'm attracted to. I don't go around expecting to be attacked... I live in rural Pennsylvania for crying out loud, I'd be more likely to be attacked by a farm animal.

Of course everyone has different tastes, and I'm not saying it's wrong to prefer a bigger man over a smaller one. But when you say that it would "absolutely bother you" and it's a dealbreaker, that's a little different than just preference. You don't think it'd be a little strange for a man to say it would absolutely bother him if his girlfriend didn't have blonde hair? Or that hair color is a dealbreaker? But to each his/her own, I just don't put my priorities on those kinds of things. That's just my preference.
  • LizL217
    Options
    Sure, that makes perfect sense, and everyone has different characteristics they're attracted to. Some women like masculine men, some women like feminine men, some women like masculine women, some women like feminine women... everyone's got their preferences.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    From the outside looking in it looks like you are totally trying to overanalyze what she said. I've read through the comments......Nowhere did I see "dealbreaker". She likes larger framed masculine guys (yes they go together in general). We are all glad you are happy with your husband and how manly he is TO YOU.........You don't need to justify your choice here or anywhere else.

Of course everyone has different tastes, and I'm not saying it's wrong to prefer a bigger man over a smaller one. But when you say that it would "absolutely bother you" and it's a dealbreaker, that's a little different than just preference. You don't think it'd be a little strange for a man to say it would absolutely bother him if his girlfriend didn't have blonde hair? Or that hair color is a dealbreaker? But to each his/her own, I just don't put my priorities on those kinds of things. That's just my preference.
  • laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    it isn't so much whether or not he could fit, but whether or not he tried and why that would concern me.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I like big men...so, no I wouldn't be into a man who could fit into my clothes...He'd be tiny wee! *shudder*
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My SO can fit into my clothes.
    Or at least that's what he thinks...
    he stretched out my favourite pants! He has Hulk legs :grumble:
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It would mean that he had shrunk by nearly a foot and lost 100 lbs.

HAHA! yeah this for me too
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I also find it odd that it is okay for women to completely refuse short men but if a man refused to date brunettes he'd be considered shallow.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I also find it odd that it is okay for women to completely refuse short men but if a man refused to date brunettes he'd be considered shallow.

I don't think they're the same. There are MANY MEN who won't date women who are taller than them. That's comparable.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    At barely 5'1" I've never had this problem... and my husband being 6'2", if he fit into my clothes, then I KNOW that I have something to worry about, and I would be VERY worried :laugh: