Do any of you have tattoos representing....

Options
13»

Replies

• xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    Chinese symbol for Tiger on my lower back....I hope! Yet to get a Chinese person to confirm this :P
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I hope when I have achieved my physical and mental goals to have a tattoo composed of a celtic tree of life (in the centre of my back) and a celtic eagle (wings outstretched between my shoulder blades). Both represent rejuvination and renewal. Have struggled with self esteem and other issues throughout my life but this last year has been by far the hardest. when I am able to feel happy about myself then I will have this done.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm getting two. The word INVICTUS behind my ear (invincible) and "3.11" somewhere else, for two reasons. I was in Japan for the March 11th earthquake and it changed my life. The second reason is that 3.11 is 5k, which is what I was working so hard towards running... I will be running my second 5k race on the 27th of this month :)
  • JephaMooi
    JephaMooi Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Nope, but they all represent my walk in life which is constantly motivating.
  • uncarvedblock
    uncarvedblock Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm an inky work in progress: I have what I call my Geeky Arm - tatts representing things that have influenced me, be that bands, books, movies etc (for example I have Rorscach's mirrored 'r' symbol from the Watchmen graphic novel on my wrist, things that only fellow fans would perhaps recognise).

My other arm is for tattoos related to events and my journey. I have a black and grey koi planned for my inner forearm when I hit my goal weight, the picture is pinned next to my bed for motivation (would help to psyche me up first thing, but I'm short sighted so don't usually see it :P). When I hit 19 stone (5 down, aiming for the New Year) I'm getting a symbol from Cancer Bats 'Dead Set On Living' album on my wrist - a simple hour glass with 'DSOL' around it (like the NYHC 'X' symbol if you know what I mean), because that band have pulled me through some tough times, and that album is such an inspiration plus been part of so many exercise sessions.

I've a boatload more that I'm planning and sketching up - including lyrics on my inner upper arms when they're less flabby. I'm choosing spots to remind me daily or to keep private.

One thing I'm doing is for every lb I lose I'm putting £1 in a jar, plus £10 at every stone (14lb), so I should have a good lump sum towards that koi when i get there.

Loving the tattoos you guys have shared.
  • prinlea2000
    prinlea2000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just got my second one on Saturday. I have been tracking my food for just at 100 days & told myself when I got to a certain point of tracking I would "reward" myself, so the new ink was my reward. Mine is "Alis Volat Propriis" (she flies with/on her own wings).
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    my tatttoo on my chest is a lion, it says "Ro the Lion Hearted"
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have a small bumble bee on my inner wrist. Aerodynamically, the bee should not be able to fly. It's body is too heavy and it's wings to small, but it flies anyway. My bee reminds me that I CAN do it!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    no, cause what if i get fat again..ya know
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    no, cause what if i get fat again..ya know
    this! lmao
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My reward for hitting goal is going to be a big piece incorporating my back and shoulder... 12 Monarch butterflies... Each one signifying 10 pounds of weight loss (only 20 more pounds to go!).

I have a red & black dragon on my thigh - represents my Chinese zodiak sign - fire dragon.
    I have peacock feathers on my feet - why? Cuz I like 'em. :)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have a swamp monster tattooed on my leg. It represents a monster from a swamp. I also have three dice on my arm that read "1-6-6". It represents a jerk idiot tattoo artist who got the angle wrong on the first die.

LMAO
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I have my two older sons names on my back...gotta add my baby's name to the design. I also plan to get the pink breast cancer ribbon with the word SURVIVOR under it.
  • LainaDiane
    Options
    Yes! I have a tattoo on my foot that says "Do Better" because I can always do better, do more, etc.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Not yet but eventually. It'll be mental-health related though, not fitness related.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    http://i.imgur.com/5EHhsGq.jpg

3.11 - for completing my first 5k in PB time (3.11 miles) and for the tohoku earthquake which happened on 11th of March while I was in Japan studying.

The earthquake was the thing that made me realise I take so much for granted, my entire life, in fact. So I decided to change it all.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Not yet but eventually. It'll be mental-health related though, not fitness related.
    me too...I would really like to hear some of your ideas