Poptarts?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    Good tasting, high carbs, low fat. Great way to get your carbs up with a minimal amount of fat.

A lot of bodybuilders eat them as a post/pre workout carb source.

And then they die at age 50.
    Oh geez, I only have a year and a half of life left.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • robynatk
    robynatk Posts: 38
    Options
    That reminds me....better add these to my grocery list...ha ha ha
  • mishimouse101
    mishimouse101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, how many calories do I have left today for a sweet snack? No butter to make cinnamon toast or I would try that. You guys on higher calorie allowances may not have the same problem but the sugars are prohibitive for me at 1200 net calories a day/24 grams sugar. Have not mastered the solution to sweet cravings, even just fruit is knocking me off my targets so I keep it to one serving a day. Fun thread though, despite it discussing so many temptations.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, how many calories do I have left today for a sweet snack? No butter to make cinnamon toast or I would try that. You guys on higher calorie allowances may not have the same problem but the sugars are prohibitive for me at 1200 net calories a day/24 grams sugar. Have not mastered the solution to sweet cravings, even just fruit is knocking me off my targets so I keep it to one serving a day. Fun thread though, despite it discussing so many temptations.

Good sweet craving coverage for me is

Whatever I want then working out is my first option

Second a piece of dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate -

Then again I dont track "sugar" at all my daily intake of fruit usually doubles my sugar daily,....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I do not care for poptarts. I much prefer toaster strudels.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I miss those :( now I want the s'mores. My favorite.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

I love those, too. I love both
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Never heard of them. I'll have to give them a try sometime.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My child put some in my cart the other day. (and who am I to get to the cashier and put them back? I just had to buy them).
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options

I love those, too. I love both
    Toaster Strudels win hands down!!! nom nom nom nom nom
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a poptart in at least 10 years, and I don't plan on ever having one again....unless of course they come out with a gluten free one :)

And I'm a terrible mother....my kids do not know what a poptart is. I could show them the box and they would have no idea.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here wondering why the frosted and un-frosted versions have exactly the same calories. I really need to look into a new hobby of some sort.

Haven't had them in a while. Always ate them as a snack, not a meal. Usually able to eat just one. Thinking I might pick some up in the near future. There's what, 8 in a box? I'll get one, and my husband will polish off the other 7 before I can make it back to the box.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Uwah, haven't had one for years ^^. Ate them all the time in middle school because they sold them there. My favorite is s'mores x3.
  • sky3z
    sky3z Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ate two today! Cookies n Creme.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    These things KILL my food diary
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    200 Calories
    5 g of Fat
    140 mg of Sodium
    17 g of Sugar

I can't believe people are saying they are good for you. :frown:
    let me know if i'm wrong, but i swear that's just for one pop tart?
  • geves08
    Options
    Pop Tarts have Dextros and is a descent simple sugar to consume post workout with your protein. Dextros helps the protein enter your muscles quicker.
  • RavenHershey0107
    Options
    I love them and will continue to eat them. I am a moderation eater and I really don't give a flying flip what others think about it. My weightloss and overall health is all that matters and neither have been negatively effected so I don't see a problem. Smores are my favorite and I eat both at one time :O

Edited to add: I see some people saying they make them hungrier or they feel hungry after an hour but they don't have that effedt on me.
  • VinnyI82
    VinnyI82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Sometimes its not fun...at all. I need 5-6k kcals on weekdays due to my job. Try eating a healthy amount of food to equate up to that many calories. I'm almost always short by 1500-1800 on top of my normal 500 deficit due to the sole fact that I'd have to eat every 1.5 hours on the button. I just can't consume that much food.
  • RavenHershey0107
    Options
    Poptarts are crap. Sorry, but if I'm going to eat 200 calories (and that's if I stick to just one), I'd rather hit some whole wheat pita with hummus, or an apple with a small bit of sharp cheddar, or perhaps some greek yogourt with frozen blueberries mixed in.

Heck of a lot less chemicals, too. If I can't pronounce it, I don't eat it.

ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], FOLIC ACID), CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, SOYBEAN AND PALM OIL (WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS), DEXTROSE, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF WHEAT STARCH, GLYCERIN, CRACKER MEAL, SALT, DRIED CHERRIES, DRIED APPLES, LEAVENING ( BAKING SODA, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), CITRIC ACID, CORN CEREAL, GELATIN, MALIC ACID, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, XANTHAN GUM, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, MODIFIED WHEAT STARCH, SOY LECITHIN, RED 40, COLOR ADDED, TURMERIC EXTRACT FOR COLOR, YELLOW 6 LAKE, YELLOW 5 LAKE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, NIACINAMIDE, REDUCED IRON, YELLOW 6, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B1), FOLIC ACID, BLUE 1.

Awsome! I can pronounce all the ingredients in your list so I'm good!