Too Tired To Exercise Most Days.

Options

Replies

• joymelanson
    Options
    we're all tired, but that is when you need to do it the most! I just did 30 minutes with my walk it out game for wii and burned 165 calories and I really didn't want to. The first 15 minutes were rough but then I stepped it up a notch and finished the last 15 in no time. Now....I'm tired!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Try 30 minutes of Yoga - use a You Tube session so you have something to work against. You ill be amazed at how your energy picks up after only a few sessions.
  • soumbos
    soumbos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need some extra incentive to just get it done. Do you keep a schedule that includes when to workout everyday??
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    Hello All!

I Want To Exercise, I Really Do, But I Am Almost ALWAYS Too Tired After Work To Bother. :frown: (Maybe I'm Lazy, But I Swear I'm Tired). I Don't Know How To Get An Energy Boost To Try And Hit The Gym For An Hour A Day... I Get Home And All I Want To Do Is Lay Down And Rest. :yawn: Then That Turns Into Watching TV And Not Bothering To Get Up Anymore. :grumble: I Start Work At 6am And Am Home By 3pm So I Have The Whole Afternoon To Exercise... I Just Can't.

Any Suggestions, Ideas Or Energy Foods/Drinks I Can Try To Get The Ball Rolling? :embarassed:

Any Help Is Appreciated.

Thank You! :glasses:

Everybody is tired from work, and your schedule is a normal 9hour shift. You can't have any excuse not to exercise. Just forget about thinking that you are tired, just get out there and do what you have to do.. Discipline yourself, only you can do it. No matter what everybody say here, at the end it's gonna be all up to you.. No food or energy drink can get the ball rolling for you.. It's all about your will to get things done. It's all in the mind. :)
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I Want To Exercise, I Really Do, But I Am Almost ALWAYS Too Tired After Work To Bother. :frown: (Maybe I'm Lazy, But I Swear I'm Tired). I Don't Know How To Get An Energy Boost To Try And Hit The Gym For An Hour A Day... I Get Home And All I Want To Do Is Lay Down And Rest. :yawn: Then That Turns Into Watching TV And Not Bothering To Get Up Anymore. :grumble: I Start Work At 6am And Am Home By 3pm So I Have The Whole Afternoon To Exercise... I Just Can't.

Any Suggestions, Ideas Or Energy Foods/Drinks I Can Try To Get The Ball Rolling? :embarassed:

Any Help Is Appreciated.

Thank You! :glasses:

Everybody is tired from work, and your schedule is a normal 9hour shift. You can't have any excuse not to exercise. Just forget about thinking that you are tired, just get out there and do what you have to do.. Discipline yourself, only you can do it. No matter what everybody say here, at the end it's gonna be all up to you.. No food or energy drink can get the ball rolling for you.. It's all about your will to get things done. It's all in the mind. :)
    ^This^
    I'm a single mother raising a child with a disability. In addition to working 40+ hours a week, I have to take him to therapies, activities, Dr's appointments, etc. I leave the house no later than 8:00 and we get home after 6:00, then I have to prepare dinner. I still make time to work out after dinner, usually around 8 because I like to give myself time to digest. And on top of that, I don't sleep well. Ever. I WISH I could come home at 3 and workout!

OP: If you want to exercise, get your *kitten* off the couch and stop making excuses. Unless you have CFS, the only thing stopping you is you.
  • kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options

I Want To Exercise, I Really Do

no you don't

If I Didn't Why Would I Be Here Asking For My Pals To Help Me With Suggestions? I Don't See How You Answered Anything. Please Make Yourself Useful And Go Away. Thanks.

prove me wrong. it is currently 3pm in california. go work out. make me look like an @$$h0le.

You're already doing a nice job on your own.
  • lisamariebennett
    lisamariebennett Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "not getting enough sleep" part, too. How old are you, and what time are you going to bed?
  • acm130
    acm130 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Everyone struggles with this from time to time, honestly once you get started and make it a habit, that's what makes it easier. And just remind yourself "I never feel WORSE after I work out" (except in rare occasions of illness/overtraining) everyone always feels better/more energetic after a work out! Agree with everyone else re: are you getting 7-8 hr sleep? Additionally, why not bring your gym bag with you and don't stop at home, go straight from work to the gym. Good luck:smile:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    get plenty of sleep at night and then just do it. you will soon find you have more energy. once you go home its harder to go out again. try changing into your workout clothes at work when you clock out and go straight to the gym.
  • porvenir
    porvenir Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you really want to do it, you'd change into your exercise clothes before you leave work, then get home and start your workout before you had a chance to do something else.

Just sayin'...

Taking this simple step has helped me tremendously.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    If it is important to you, you will find a way...if not, you will find an excuse.

I have this posted on my computer and it motivates me everydat to get up off my duff and do something.
  • queensturg
    Options
    I felt the same for a long time, but I noticed once I started eating healthier, I had more energy. Plus, believe it or not, exercise will give you MORE energy, the hard part is just making yourself get started, but I think once you can manage to get going, you actually won't want to stop :)
  • UncleRiotous
    Options
    You never regret the workout that you do but you rarely want to do the workout before you've started.
  • joliexlove
    Options
    After reading pretty much every single response to this topic (including people with issues with my capitalization... Here's a post without it. Stop complaining about stupid stuff).

Anyways, I have gotten a ton of great responses and suggestions. Here's some stuff I am going to try:

- Eat better/healthier foods. Crappy foods make me feel crappy. The right healthy foods will give me energy.
    - No more coffee as I figure it gives me a bad crash by the time I'm out of work.
    - Start taking some multivitamins. About a year ago I was told I was anemic, and given a ton of Iron pills... I could be anemic again, need to go to the Dr. soon. It would explain why I'm so tired by literally 1pm! (A sign I should've noticed and remembered about from last year).
    - I need to sleep more. I've figured I sleep less than 6 hours a night. Not the right / good amount.
    - Start going for a walk during lunch.
    - Bring my work out stuff to work and change as soon as I get out. No going home. At all.
    - Get a workout buddy to keep me company and on track with working out daily.
    - Sign up for classes at the gym, they are free and a great way to work out with others.

Most people say working out will give me energy, I just need to start. I need to kick my own @$$ and push myself, the first week is always the hardest. This IS the first week. I'm new to this. I'm trying to change my habits and start a new healthier lifestyle. It won't be easy, but this time I'm not giving up.

Thank you to all of you who responded in such a wonderful way and were helpful. I literally have a notebook page full of all the suggestions, comments, and things to try. To the others who said I "don't want to do this", I "make excuses", I "need to stop complaining", I'm "whining"... I haven't been doing this all my life. I'm obviously overweight because I didn't care to try hard enough before and now :: gasp :: I'm actually trying and seeking help that I clearly need. Sorry I'm not you, or like you, or have people in my life like you. But at least I'm going in the right direction by asking for help where I need it and am on the right track to being healthy... With or without your stupid comments.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Another thought:

Perhaps you could find a workout buddy at your job? Even if it's just someone to nag you to exercise and then poke you in the ribs if you don't, it can help.

When I was working the night shift (6 or 7 days a week, 6 PM to 8 AM, all told), I regularly would come across people from my shift after work in our "evenings". We didn't all do the same thing, but knowing we all went at about the same time helped, even if it was just a matter of saying "what are you doing today?" or "where were you yesterday?". It also helped foster some friendly competition, which can make it more fun.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I call it autopilot. Don't think about it. Just change your clothes and go.. Or bring you clothes to work and change there. If you think about it too much, you'll psych yourself out and you won't go..
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Two days a week I leave my house at 6:30 AM and don't get home until 9:30 PM. I still get a workout in on those days.... and every other day during the week when I get home at 4:30. Plan it, schedule it and do it.

Do you get a lunch hour? I joined a gym close to my work and I go there on my lunch hour - it's just part of my day.

Since I've been working out, my energy level is through the roof!!!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Is your thyroid functioning? One of the symptoms is exhaustion & that was part of my problem! Also, I agree with the other posters that once you get in to a routine, it'll build on itself. Exercising will make you feel better and give you more energy, and then as you lose weight/tone up, you'll have more energy.

Do you have any food allergies or sensitivities? I find that bread-y and sugary things make me totally exhausted, but protein & veggies fuel me for a long day. Just a thought.

Also, don't feel like you have to work out for 2 hours. Start small - even just 1/2 an hour walking if that sounds appealing - and then you can scale up/mix it up as you have more energy :)
  • CRichards22
    Options
    YOU HAVE TO WANT IT, SEEK IT OUT!!! Make yourself do it!

My sis in law and friends swear by E&E by beachbody for energy, as a drink mix in...I can't tell when I drink it but they don't workout without it!

If you're too tired after work, get up and got it on early am before the day starts like me....then there really isn't an excuse!!!!

You have to want it bad enough.....nobody really wants to do it....but if you want to see positive change in your body, be stronger, faster, fitter, you just get up and do it!! And the more you do get it done the more your body will crave it!

That's my take on it anyway! Hugs!!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options

I Want To Exercise, I Really Do

no you don't

This! I used to make the same excuses for myself. If it's important enough you just do it.

And I agree with everyone else; once you start exercising you'll be amazed at how much more energy you have.

Yep! Quit making excuses, and just DO it. I have a plethora of medical issues that I used as excuses: MS with fatigue, fibro, depression, and while they affect what types of exercise I can do sometimes, it doesn't affect ALL exercise. It was very hard to get going in the beginning, 7 months ago. But now it's a habit. My day feels wrong if I can't exercise. And that's even on my "bad" physical days. But for you...just do it. Peoples' suggestions of taking workout clothes with you and making sure you workout right after work have a great idea. You will get more energy as you keep doing it, though it might not feel like it at first. You can do it!