Down 40lbs: from a size 12/14 to a size 6 (with pictures)

Options

Replies

• amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Awesome and inspiring!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway:

you look like a model!!

beautiful!

xx
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I agree. OP you look great! Would you mind sharing your non-gym routine?

thank you! I do Jilian Michael's 30 Day Shred video most days (but I add 5lb weights to all of the cardio moves) and I walk as much as I can. I'll do 30 minutes on my elliptical machine every once in awhile but not often enough to say it's part of my regular routine.

do you do the whole 30ds dvd all at once? or do you just do one of the levels?

you are looking amazing and sounds so happy!!! go you!
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You look hot! Well done!!!
  • hmejia1130
    hmejia1130 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How did you go about losing the inital 25pounds? This is definitely motivation!
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I agree. OP you look great! Would you mind sharing your non-gym routine?

thank you! I do Jilian Michael's 30 Day Shred video most days (but I add 5lb weights to all of the cardio moves) and I walk as much as I can. I'll do 30 minutes on my elliptical machine every once in awhile but not often enough to say it's part of my regular routine.

do you do the whole 30ds dvd all at once? or do you just do one of the levels?

you are looking amazing and sounds so happy!!! go you!

oh god no haha I only do one level at a time. I've done the entire video a couple of times (only after a few cocktails for encouragement lol) but one level at a time seems to be sufficient.
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! congratulations!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well done - you look really good ;p)
  • iremmy
    iremmy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look great! You are at my goal weight, Cant wait to get there too one day! Congrats!!!
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Jibi-hibbi-jeebus... You're gorgeous... :smile:

Congrats!
  • mindyalbert
    mindyalbert Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You should be very proud of all your hard work!!
  • Grandmasboy2852
    Options
    You Look Great!!! Good work!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look amazing!
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good for you. . .great job!!! You look HOT :flowerforyou: I wanted to commend you for making the comment about 'not setting foot in the gym' and following it up with the Jillian Michael's video. Unfortunately, many people would like to think that means they don't need to exercise---WRONG! But you showed that for people that can't get to a gym, don't have access, or are simply intimidated by the whole concept that is not an excuse, at home DOES WORK!!! Unfortunately, I"m one of the ones that HAS to go to a gym or i won't get a thing done. . . the childcare provided there is my savior!!!! We all have our issues and we all need to find a way to work through them---as you have shown, it's possible!!!
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! Congratulations!!
  • spippin73
    Options
    PLEASE. Could you share your exercise secrets? I really dislike the gym and you look absolutely beautiful. I completely understand the reason you are smiling. Congratulations!
  • maddiec1989
    Options
    How did you go about losing the inital 25pounds? This is definitely motivation!

The first 25lbs was lost very gradually by making minor lifestyle changes. In the beginning I wasn't actively trying to lose weight, I just started making healthier decisions like having salads instead of fries, walking instead of driving everywhere, and then I started using my elliptical machine at home, 3-4 times/week, slowly increasing the time and resistance. Finding this website has been a blessing though.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!

Mind sharing what your daily calorie range is?
  • maddiec1989
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!

Mind sharing what your daily calorie range is?

1000-1500

I know a lot of people here look down on people who eat 1200 calories per day or less but I've never been hungry eating in this range. When I am hungry, I eat more and on days when I'm less hungry I take multivitamin supplements.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!