Mcdonalds...

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

What kind of will power have you shown lately to prove to yourself you are in the for the long haul? :drinker:

Congrats on your inner strength and determination. Keep it up and in no time, you'll reach your goals!

I wrote this week on how I controlled myself and was proud here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/771582-i-only-ate-5-tacos-for-dinner-so-proud-of-myself

I used to have a serious addition to McDonald Fries, now...I ONLY go into McDonald's for one reason--to use the potty, that's it!
    It's AMAZING how making that seemingly "silly" choice to only go into McDonald's and most ALL fast food joints to do that ONLY, how that has given me an super strength and utter rejection of these types of joints. Though eating these types of foods are okay for some, they are super not good for me, or only good for one thing...to get rid of "stuff" instead of fill up on their stuff. It's weird, I know...but it works for me and I'm working it:wink:
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    Ive given up Soda and have only treated myself with Sweet tea twice in the last 2months. Sweet tea was definitely my downfall. But I am happy now with just drinking water. Granted it has to be super cold with ice but its better than what i used to drink.

I haven't been to McDonald's in months but I was happy and proud of myself that i declined a Frappe from there when it was offered to me. Those things used to be like crack to me. Now I just think of all the sugar and calories I would be consuming and it makes me cringe!!

A few weeks ago I treated myself to the smallest caramel frappe from Starbucks (no whipped topping) and drank it while I did my shopping. And just recently i was able to stay under my calories for the day even by going to dinner at a Chinese buffet!

My willpower is getting stronger and it makes me happy that I'm acknowledging the differences in foods out there and that I can make the right decisions.

Yay for me and Yay for all of you too!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Aplmark
    Aplmark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My wife is on WW and decided she had enough points last night to order a Jets Pizza for her and my son. I don't know if you've ever had a Jets 8 corner pizza but their fantastic. Even though I had calories to burn I stayed away from the pizza because I'm 3 lbs away from my next goal...Small Victories right?
  • feather314
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • jlau13
    jlau13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What an awesome small victory!! Truly something to be proud of! my victories lately have been saying no to delicious and free staff lunch! Sounds easy, but it is definitely not!! Feel free to add me for support if needed!
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I commend you on your better choice. As a mom to a newborn, time doesn't always allow for me to cook a meal. If you must choose fast, at least choose that which is caloric safe
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I went to mcdonalds yesterday after picking a friend up drunk off his *kitten* from the bar and he wanted food. I havent been to mcdonalds in a while so going inside was weird, kinda like culture shock because the menu wasn't blurry at all and there was tons more options to choose than my normal 2 doubles, 20 piece, large fry and a large coke to add more jack daniels in it cause I didn't wanna lose my buzz. (pretty obvious why I turned into a fat *kitten* and needed to use this site eh?)

Well I've lost a substantial amount of weight so far using MFP so going to mcdonalds was almost like cheating on the wife I don't have...My friend goes and orders his usually 3 chicken wraps and a fry and just the smell of this place was driving me wild, i've never been able to resist mcdonalds, drunk, sober, young, old...I just can't stop myself from eating these nasty grease balls...

Well last night I did it again, I ate at mcdonalds, I just couldn't help myself . The good part about it was I only had a fruit and yogurt parfait! I sat back and watched him eat his nasty grease filled tortilla boat while I had 150 calories of semi-maybe- healthy yogurt. I've never been able to resist a double cheeseburger of 20 nuggets and fries, so to me this was a victory and proof that I am really taking my health serious as well as show me i'm motivated to hit my goals

What kind of will power have you shown lately to prove to yourself you are in the for the long haul? :drinker:

I'm very impressed! Fast food has always been a downfall for me, and one thing that really helped me break that habit was switching jobs. Now that I only have a 3 mile commute and don't have to drive past a mile of fast food places, it's really helped. Yesterday I had to drive past a couple of fast food joints at lunch time, before I had a chance to eat, and I had a 20-mile drive home. It was hard, I was tempted. However, the last time I did that was in August during a stressful time (Emergency surgery for my husband)) and I felt pretty bloated and greasy afterwards. I hate that feeling. As much as I love the fries and the greasy first few bites of that burger...the GI upset and general malaise (food coma?) I have after I eat ANY crap like that just isn't worth it.

There are plenty of healthier options at nearly all fast food places these days, but once that smell of burgers and fries hits my nose, I'm gone. It's like an aphrodisiac to me. It's just for me to avoid them all together.

I'm also starting to *NOT* like eating out anywhere, because I'm a pretty darn good cook. Even if I'm going to go over my calories for the day, I'd rather be in control of all the ingredients that goes into my mouth.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    I am on holiday at the moment and although I am trying to be good I decided to have an ice cream. I went in the shop and came out without one. Result for me. I made the decision not to have one. Never been known. They were as big as your head too. I don't regret it
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I hate it when people are like, "You can still do fast food...just don't order fries and get the hamburger without the bun." THE FRIES ARE THE REASON I GO!!!!! Seriously, I would never eat out if french fries didn't exist. Okay, that's just my little vent that has absolutely nothing to do with anything on this thread. I just had to get that off my chest. :tongue:

My accomplishment: My boyf wanted to order cheesesteaks from a local sub shop last night. I talked him out of it and made a homemade dinner instead. (we'll probably order subs tonight though, ahem, but I made sure to figure it into my cals for today). I also went to a birthday party last weekend and only had ONE brownie instead of grabbing the entire plate and finishing the whole thing off with an incredibly guilty look on my face.
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I LOVE Subway - I think part of it is just being in there and smelling the bready smells. I have however also found that smelling the bread is almost as good as eating it, so now I have a Subway salad bowl with chicken tikka or ham and a squirt of southwest sauce.

Yum! loads of veg but still with the Subway taste!!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I occasionally have a grilled chicken snack wrap from there, and a McFlurry. It's okay to treat yourself every once in a while.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I occasionally have a grilled chicken snack wrap from there, and a McFlurry. It's okay to treat yourself every once in a while.

I'm just left scratching my head over responses like these. Did you even read the OP?

I suppose it was inevitable that this thread would turn into a bunch of people telling you that because they themselves eat fast food regularly, it's therefore a healthy choice for YOU to eat McDonald's. Don't forget to use the words "treat" and "moderation" in abundance. I just didn't expect it by page two.
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I applaud your CHOICE to change your order at McDonalds.
    Due to our family schedule, sports, travel hockey, etc. we are in the vehicle and on the road with hotels ALL the time. I am the mom that is know for always packing a cooler of healthy snacks, fruit, water. However that means most big meals are in restaurants or fast food. Over the past ten months and loss of 30+ pounds I have learned to make the best choices possible and never feel guilty or deprived. I am not perfect and sometimes I do enjoy a breaded/fried chicken sandwich instead of a grilled chicken, however it has to fit in to my day. I try to stay aware of my nutritional macros as well. The longer you practice and learn about food the easier it becomes.
    Keep up the great work.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Whenever I got to places like that, I use the Eat This, Not That app on my iPhone to figure out what I can eat that won't destroy my calorie limits.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    GJ!

2 days ago they had a fully loaded Pizza hut pizza here and I was able to walk up get one slice and be done, use to polish 4 slices at least in the past.
  • Davisc28
    Davisc28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome victory! My weakest point of the day is When I get out of class late and Im driving home and see the golden arches... before I would stop and get my regular double cheese and spicy chicken with med fry. Now I beat it by having an apple on hand and eating it while driving ;)
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    I went to a meeting at a gym the other day and turned down a FREE costa coffee, I love the latte's id rather not drink my calories thanks :) plus i havnt had a coffee for a month! going from a good few cups a day to just water or green tea now
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    It takes mental awareness and recognition...If you truly want a healthier life, you take action to do so.
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have kids and they occassionally want McDonald's. I like how they have the calories listed on the menu screen. My favorite item is a caramel sundae. When I saw how many calories I changed my mind and didn't order anything. Went home and had a greek yogurt.
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    Congrats on the will power! I have to confess, I succumbed to the evil McDOnalds deliciousness last night... got myself a Big Mac which I haven't had in a long time. GOD that thing was almost better than sex... But I made sure to make up for it this morning. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!