Can I just say something?

Options

Replies

• GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Do you know how tempted I was to "quote" the picture again - just because?! :devil:

LOL. We all have that little kid in us who wants to push the button when the sign clearly reads DO NOT PUSH THE BUTTON *giggle*

happy107.gif PUSH IT!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    Do you know how tempted I was to "quote" the picture again - just because?! :devil:

May visions of SUGARplums dance in your head, chrissy. :grumble:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    and another thing....
    I feel this way about tatoos -- when these sexy, beautiful young women get a tatoo on their lower back or around their belly button...they look amazing, sexy and awesome -- but let me tell you those tat's DON'T look good as you get older and stretch marks occur and fat rolls come and go....I want to cream at these girls -- think!!! Go get a belly button piercing you can at least take that out when you are 7 months pregnant!
    PS...I have nothing against tatoo's - love them in fact -- but again what you think in your 20's isnt the reality in your older years and unfortuneately we dont realize that until we get older.

As someone who's GOT a belly tattoo and has had two children I have to say... my tattoo still looks good.

Actually I have several tattoos, and all of them look awesome. I got them all young, too. For those of us who are truly into the craft, it's not ABOUT what it's going to look ten or twenty years in the future- it's about what they mean to us. It's about capturing a moment. The tattoo on my belly may not look like it once did, but neither does any other part of my body. Doesn't mean I needed to be 'screamed at'' or didn't 'think'.

I think it's hard to understand when you don't have tattoos yourself. Having tattoos is part of a lifestyle. They're not like piercings- they're a part of our body and a reflection of our personal taste. So when people have something bad to say about our tattoos, you may as well insult our breasts or the shape of our nose, or our stretch marks. It's a real insult to someone to have someone criticize their tattoos.

Though, personally, I've NEVER gotten a tattoo because it looks 'sexy or awesome'. I get tattoos to celebrate great moments and people in my life. And while I know they won't look as good 20 years from now as they do now, I'll tell you this: I'll be proudly rocking my tattoos when I'm an old lady. While I'm on the beach in my bikini. I'm sure I'll traumatize and offend many people, but.... well, like I said before, they don't have to look.

:happy:

AMEN! I've got 8 tattoos. My mom took me on a fluke on my 16th birthday, so my first one is 16 years old. Does it look faded and bled out? Hell yes it does. I am planning to get it redone or covered with something else. But what I can tell you is this, I have NEVER regretted getting any of them. Nor my nose piercing. Love each and every one.
    And yeah, there is a story behind each one. And personally, I can't wait to be the crazy grandma with the tattoos!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me so angry right now, though I know I shouldn't let it. That photo is sickening because of the skin cancer but why are we all making fun of it? She is a human being, let's stop pointing and laughing at her.

Honey.... take a deep breath.... The longer you are here, the more posts you will find that DO anger you. Then after you see the same topic, over and over and over again, they will start to bother you less.

I posted that pic in order to bring some brevity into a topic that was starting to get too heated. Once the thread takes a twist for the worse, Mike will lock and delete it. I was hoping to move away from that, as were some others who made some light hearted comments.

In my heart, I feel for that woman, but I also question whether it's photoshopped or not. I hope to God it is. Then again, maybe it IS a weird suit she was wearing.

Just try not to take anything from these boards to heart. It's a public message board and topics always get heated surrounding morals, politics, religion, etc. :flowerforyou:

EDIT: Crap, I said 'brevity'. I was thinking about 'levity'... the opposite of what I meant, and now I can't think of the word I was looking for.... haha.... brain fart?? ..... I was trying to lighten things up! There, that'll work in a pinch.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I think that picture should be on the door to every tanning salon in the world. Kind of like a Surgeon General's warning. Poor woman,,,
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    To the OP and to the person who made the remark about tattoos... I have some REALLY simple advice for you. If you don't think bikinis are okay on people over 35 years old, then DON'T WEAR THEM. If you don't think tattoos are a good choice for young women... THEN DON'T GET THEM. Leave the rest of us the hell alone.

You don't have to attack the OP. It's her opinion. I don't compleatly agree with her but I understand why she's saying what she said. People who are out of shape or wear a XL just shouldn't wear bikinis. I wear a one piece due to the fact that my entire stomach is covered in stretchmarks and I don't want anyone to have to endure that. Plus- the sun and I don't get along...I love being pale...and I need to cover the tats (tats don't like the sun either).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options

LOL. We all have that little kid in us who wants to push the button when the sign clearly reads DO NOT PUSH THE BUTTON *giggle*

happy107.gif PUSH IT!

I can be a little kid too, Ms Gracie. wedgie.gif
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    This thread is making me so angry right now, though I know I shouldn't let it. That photo is sickening because of the skin cancer but why are we all making fun of it? She is a human being, let's stop pointing and laughing at her.

Honey.... take a deep breath.... The longer you are here, the more posts you will find that DO anger you. Then after you see the same topic, over and over and over again, they will start to bother you less.

I posted that pic in order to bring some brevity into a topic that was starting to get too heated. Once the thread takes a twist for the worse, Mike will lock and delete it. I was hoping to move away from that, as were some others who made some light hearted comments.

In my heart, I feel for that woman, but I also question whether it's photoshopped or not. I hope to God it is. Then again, maybe it IS a weird suit she was wearing.

Just try not to take anything from these boards to heart. It's a public message board and topics always get heated surrounding morals, politics, religion, etc. :flowerforyou:

EDIT: Crap, I said 'brevity'. I was thinking about 'levity'... the opposite of what I meant, and now I can't think of the word I was looking for.... haha.... brain fart?? ..... I was trying to lighten things up! There, that'll work in a pinch.

Here, here! I agree with you, PR.
  • noseovertail
    Options

You don't have to attack the OP. It's her opinion. I don't compleatly agree with her but I understand why she's saying what she said. People who are out of shape or wear a XL just shouldn't wear bikinis.

I'm not trying to attack anyone at all. If someone feels comfortable in a bikini, then they should wear it. I know we are all entitled to own opinions, I just think that it's a shame we can't embrace self confidence in a person, "perfect" body or not.

Edited... I'm not sure how to quote, I'm new to this site.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    and another thing....
    I feel this way about tatoos -- when these sexy, beautiful young women get a tatoo on their lower back or around their belly button...they look amazing, sexy and awesome -- but let me tell you those tat's DON'T look good as you get older and stretch marks occur and fat rolls come and go....I want to cream at these girls -- think!!! Go get a belly button piercing you can at least take that out when you are 7 months pregnant!
    PS...I have nothing against tatoo's - love them in fact -- but again what you think in your 20's isnt the reality in your older years and unfortuneately we dont realize that until we get older.

As someone who's GOT a belly tattoo and has had two children I have to say... my tattoo still looks good.

Actually I have several tattoos, and all of them look awesome. I got them all young, too. For those of us who are truly into the craft, it's not ABOUT what it's going to look ten or twenty years in the future- it's about what they mean to us. It's about capturing a moment. The tattoo on my belly may not look like it once did, but neither does any other part of my body. Doesn't mean I needed to be 'screamed at'' or didn't 'think'.

I think it's hard to understand when you don't have tattoos yourself. Having tattoos is part of a lifestyle. They're not like piercings- they're a part of our body and a reflection of our personal taste. So when people have something bad to say about our tattoos, you may as well insult our breasts or the shape of our nose, or our stretch marks. It's a real insult to someone to have someone criticize their tattoos.

Though, personally, I've NEVER gotten a tattoo because it looks 'sexy or awesome'. I get tattoos to celebrate great moments and people in my life. And while I know they won't look as good 20 years from now as they do now, I'll tell you this: I'll be proudly rocking my tattoos when I'm an old lady. While I'm on the beach in my bikini. I'm sure I'll traumatize and offend many people, but.... well, like I said before, they don't have to look.

:happy:

Well said Merc....I have had two kids as well and I think my tattoos still look good too. They are definitely personal and I didn't get them because it was the "cool thing to do". I got them because they mean something to me. Agreed, they won't look as good as they did the day I got them.....does anything?? The memories that go along with them are still going to be just as good 20 years from now though.:wink:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

You don't have to attack the OP. It's her opinion. I don't compleatly agree with her but I understand why she's saying what she said. People who are out of shape or wear a XL just shouldn't wear bikinis.

I'm not trying to attack anyone at all. If someone feels comfortable in a bikini, then they should wear it. I know we are all entitled to own opinions, I just think that it's a shame we can't embrace self confidence in a person, "perfect" body or not.

Edited... I'm not sure how to quote, I'm new to this site.

You'll figure out the quote thing pretty fast. I know that you weren't trying to sound harsh...but that's how it came off. When you say "leave us the hell alone" it's pretty dramatic and directed at the OP (Mike could pull the post if it's reported, fyi). :flowerforyou:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    LMAO, so was I...
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree. If you've got the body for it, then feel free. That goes for any women. I think the message needs to get out that two piece bathing suits are a privilege not a right.

^I agree with this one! ^-^
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    LMAO, so was I...

No no no, children!!! tsk tsk
    Hypnotic.gif
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't got it and I am still going to flaunt it! I am hitting 30 this weekend and I don't feel too old for anything. I am getting ready to go to Jamaica in April for my honeymoon and my future hubby wants me to wear something fun for him to look at. Who am I to disappoint? If you don't like it, look at something else. Me and my margaritas won't give a crap.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I don't got it and I am still going to flaunt it! I am hitting 30 this weekend and I don't feel too old for anything. I am getting ready to go to Jamaica in April for my honeymoon and my future hubby wants me to wear something fun for him to look at. Who am I to disappoint? If you don't like it, look at something else. Me and my margaritas won't give a crap.

This made me LOL.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I didn't get my first tattoo until I was 40. That's when I got enough self-confidence, shed 180 pounds of abuser, and stopped caring what other people thought.

I now have several.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options

You GO for it. That's my kind of attitude, right there!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Although this woman doesn't appear to be 35, and she may have the right.... uh.... "body shape"... to wear it, I do NOT approve of her wearing a bikini!!!

tanning_wrinkled.jpg

Hope a couple of you get a laugh outta that!!

:sick: Guess she had one too many sessions in the tanning bed...:sick:

EEW!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I think I :heart: you. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.