Would you stay in a relationship if?

Options

Replies

• kelsey054
    kelsey054 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Of course I'd stay... The only way to get better at sex is to practice, and I like practicing.

Let's say he isn't interested in sex. You all haven't had sex in about a year. What then?

i would assume something was wrong with him.

im imagining this as my fiance....i would not leave him over this. i luff him.

I took it as my husband also. I love him for who he is, and all he does for our family but over time I would question.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Is he trainable?

This! A lot of what constitutes good sex can be taught, partner willing. The process can be educational and adventurous and great fun for all concerned.

(Partner *not* willing, sex may be the least of your priblems.)

If he/she isn't willing, how do you get him/her to be interested?

I've never met a heterosexual healthy man that isn't interested in sex. Ever.

See a doctor, maybe somethings wrong with him.

I'm sorry, do you have to be a heterosexual man to be interested in sex?
  • kelsey054
    Options
    Is he trainable?

This! A lot of what constitutes good sex can be taught, partner willing. The process can be educational and adventurous and great fun for all concerned.

I've never met a heterosexual healthy man that isn't interested in sex. Ever.

See a doctor, maybe somethings wrong with him.

Hmm, something in the closet? :O lol.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I would assume either he was sick or he was getting it somewhere else.
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Sex is important on so many levels.. No sex = deal breaker.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It depends. If the sex is bad but he is enthusiastic, there is hope. If he just has a low sex-drive, then it probably won't improve.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. I am spoiled by my b/f. :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Depends on the reason why it was bad, and if they cared to improve it.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    when you are married, its for life. if you're not married, you shouldn't be having sex.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Of course I'd stay... The only way to get better at sex is to practice, and I like practicing.

Let's say he isn't interested in sex. You all haven't had sex in about a year. What then?

Check his text messages.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    there is more to a relationship then just having sex?
  • notAfan
    notAfan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ask your self and your partner what you want from the relationship. Over time, sex changes. If you are in a relationship for great sex, the relationship may not last. If you support each other's goals and dreams, if you sync over recreational pursuits, if you share values and spiritual principles, then there is a good chance the relationship will last through a shakey period of crumby sex.

Great answer!
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Is he trainable?

One could try explaining to the partner how sexuality is an important a part of a relationship, this relationship. But if s/he doesn't already get that, I would be very surprised.

Some things, only the other person can change. The newly asexual person and partner would have to decide where their priorities lie, what compromises they are willing to make, individually and together.

If the problem were some health crisis, I think people might respond differently.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't. My libido is too high. I can understand others who have a low sex drive saying "It wouldn't matter". For those of us with a normal to high drive, it just wouldn't cut it.
  • notAfan
    notAfan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    when you are married, its for life. if you're not married, you shouldn't be having sex.
    Great answer!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Probably. I've never really had an interest in sex anyways... I can enjoy it once it gets going but I'm just fine without it too. Don't really have much of a sex drive..
  • WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    thats why i stay single. people get loved confused with a bunch of other things... men and women only think about sex... sex is supposed to be love making but since almost everybody has sex like an exercise and experiment with each-other and so on.... love has no meaning, and sex means everything to a lot of people...sad world. maybe I just dont belong here... I know that for sure
    i love chocolate
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Maybe he's just not that into her, maybe he's asexual, maybe he's abstaining, maybe he's figuring out his sexuality, maybe this is one of those things that is best discussed between the two people in the relationship and not on facebook or MFP, or maybe I'm crazy.
  • kelsey054
    Options
    Is he trainable?

One could try explaining to the partner how sexuality is an important a part of a relationship, this relationship. But if s/he doesn't already get that, I would be very surprised.

Some things, only the other person can change. The newly asexual person and partner would have to decide where their priorities lie, what compromises they are willing to make, individually and together.

If the problem were some health crisis, I think people might respond differently.

Nice thorough answer!
  • kelsey054
    Options

Maybe he's just not that into her, maybe he's asexual, maybe he's abstaining, maybe he's figuring out his sexuality, maybe this is one of those things that is best discussed between the two people in the relationship and not on facebook or MFP, or maybe I'm crazy.

It's not even a real situation; it's just a debate. Hypothetical. The question of "would you stay in a relationship if your sex life is bad." :)