I ate 3 donuts today

Options

Replies

• vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Once I ate 3 boston creams and a streusel muffin. That was about 10 miles of running to get off!!!
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oh no, you just set yourself back 1/7th of a pound (or one good workout)! ;-)
    But seriously, unless you plan on never eating donuts again, no reason why you can't have 1 or 3 every now again while losing weight.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I ate 3 mini eclairs and a fudge marshmallow cookie
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    dont worry about 3 donuts!!! its not like you had a dozen each day for over a year... it wont kill you, in fact i think its okay to have those treats from time to time, if not, i would die of a lack of sweets and desserts :)
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I had a ton of Filipino food and macarons on Saturday...a whole lot worse than 3 donuts. Not sure if it makes you feel better.... but it's ok to indulge every now and then!
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Been there. It's hard to choose just one.

No big deal, especially since you're going to work it off.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Did you buy donuts because nothing else was available? Think about why you felt compelled to have those donuts, you could have chosen so many other choices. I know the love of donuts I have it...I chose not to partake in them. I know it's not easy to eat one, and I know it's hard to stop at two or three. I have yogurt, cereal, eggs plus fruit. Good luck in the future.
  • barolo59
    Options
    3 doughnuts?? Perhaps the worlds worst food..... fried, sugary dough! What the F were you thinking??? Having said that, like many others have said...get right back in control! Go for an extra long walk to burn off the calories next time! Remember this saying....."nothing tastes as good as thin feels"....and say it out loud the next time you are in front of 3 doughnuts!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

pretty sure i have you beat
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    No worries. Esp. if you're working it off.
    I keep serious cravings at bay by planning for them. I have NO cheat days. I simply might have a shake from Cold Stone Creamery for dinner, instead of a plate of fish, rice, and veggies. I just stay w/in my calorie allowance. Do I have a shake every day?? Of course not. But, every now and again I will. Keeps me off the roof.

Good luck!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

pretty sure i have you beat

yep beat by miles!!!
  • raj83168
    Options
    Back from the gym, tons of cardio, grunts & sweat! I feel so energized and content. Take that, DONUTS :D
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Back from the gym, tons of cardio, grunts & sweat! I feel so energized and content. Take that, DONUTS :D

What donuts? ! They are forgotten now :-)
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Dude, stop eating donuts. You're on a diet.
    It has to be a lifestyle change. If you say you are never going to eat x food then it can become a huge stumbling block later. No foods are off limits. Just plan it out or do the exercise for the calories.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Wait, you only ate 3? Do you call that a cheat day? You can do so much better! (Or, don't beat yourself up!)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Did the donuts fit into your calories for the day? If not, hit the gym and earn them. It's really that simple, so there's no need to freak. I have no banned foods (except for ones I'm allergic to and things I wouldn't want to eat anyway.) If I want to eat something, I eat it - but in reasonable portions. I think your problem is not eating donuts, it's eating 3 of them.
    Maybe you are treating this as a diet, but think of it more as a permanent lifestyle change. You don't want to be so restrictive if you have to maintain like this forever. If you aren't denying yourself the foods you love, you'll probably be less likely to binge when you finally do snap and eat a treat... :flowerforyou:
  • rbeebee1
    Options
    I don't know if you will find this to be support - but sometimes you just need a donut! Yes, get out there and work it off. If you can have just one, occationally go for it. I believe if I don't indulge every once it a while I will fall of the wagon on my cushy tushy....but you have to have control and you have to "earn" the reward with hard work and a clean diet otherwise.

very important point...thanks :)
  • raj83168
    Options
    I don't know if you will find this to be support - but sometimes you just need a donut! Yes, get out there and work it off. If you can have just one, occationally go for it. I believe if I don't indulge every once it a while I will fall of the wagon on my cushy tushy....but you have to have control and you have to "earn" the reward with hard work and a clean diet otherwise.

very important point...thanks :)

Thanks! and I did, just coming back from a solid cardio session :)
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Whats the big deal? In the long run, 3 doughnuts won't do much, just don't let it become a constant habit. I'm going to have a nice dinner and 2 gin martini's tomorrow, and probably go over my daily calorie intake, but who cares. I'm under my weekly goal....give yourself a break and move on!
  • penguinjlynn
    penguinjlynn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It happens. Beating yourself up about it will only make you feel worse and increase your risk of eating more. I had two donuts yesterday but sometimes you need it. Just don't make it a habit