how many meals do u all eat a day

Options

Replies

• mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Funny I just added my snacks back into my plan..for me its a mind game as long as I know I can have them I'm ok. If I need it I have something if not I don't. I am diabetic tho so I like to play it safe. Very individualized ...good luck and do whatever you feel works tor you :-)
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I usually have 4 meals and 1 or 2 snacks.

Breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper and a few nibbles throughout the day. But can depend on how hungry I am. Sometimes its 3 meals..ugh don't think it matters :-)
  • little_lisid
    little_lisid Posts: 47 Member
    Options

You can have as few or as many as you want as long as you stay within your calorie goal (or within a small variation of it).

I generally eat twice a day with maybe a snack in between if I am hungry.

^^^this for me too

somewhere between 1 and 4 with 2 being normal and coffee and water in between. depends how I feel, sometimes I graze, sometimes I fast, none of it seems to negatively impact on my weightloss or muscle gain and definition.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    pre exercise breakfast

post exercise breakfast

lunch

snack

dinner

pre exercise snack (only twice a week, when i have to cycle home 5 miles from work at 10pm so will usually take an oat cookie or something to eat beforehand)
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    4 - 6 depending on my schedule :smile: Sometimes 3 bigger meals, but not often...I prefer to split it all up! ALWAYS breakfast, lunch and dinner, then one or two snacks!
  • tenkesh
    tenkesh Posts: 81
    Options
    I try to eat every 2-4 hours. I got my breakfast, usually around 7 or 8am, elevenses around 10 to 11am, lunch 1-3pm, after lunch snack (usually just a fruit or something), dinner anywhere between 4 and 6pm, and small snack around 8pm (usually a protein shake).

Eating small portions often fills me up better, keeps the metabolism going and keeps me from feeling hungry.
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I eat three meals a day and normally try to get two or three snacks in as well, but like others have said I don't think it really matters what time you eat. My personal reason for trying to eat smaller portions more regularly is to try and control digestive system issues I have.
  • JohnnyBLean
    JohnnyBLean Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    3 meals, 3 snacks, 3 hours apart.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I tend to go with 3 meals a day with calorie limits for break fast and lunch of around 3-400 and then main meal in the evening of around 600 - but that will vary - like fridays are curry night so soars to 1,000. I'll snack but to a quota so i do not exceed my daily calorie target, so its not a case of how much you snack but what you snack.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    4-8 depending on the day.
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    just wondering how many meals aday u all eat and wat i was going good with only 3 meals a day with 4 coffees but atm im starting to snack just wondering how many snacks a dy u can have

You can have as few or as many as you want as long as you stay within your calorie goal (or within a small variation of it).

I generally eat twice a day with maybe a snack in between if I am hungry.

The twice a day thing really works for me as well. A lot a people have strongly negative feelings about this, I'm glad I have a friend out there :-)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Lunch Dinner & 2-3 snacks per day
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I usually eat 6-8 meals a day....mostly around 200-300 calories.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

Eating small portions often fills me up better, keeps the metabolism going and keeps me from feeling hungry.
    Glad it works for you in keeping you full. Your metabolism would still keep going though, regardless of how many meals you have in a day.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I eat every two and half hours. So I am up every morning at 4am and do not go to bed till 9pm. So I get anywhere around 6 to 7 meals a day.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 meals a day with relatively the same amount of calories.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have 3 meals a day, plus a mid morning and an afternoon snack, but I have hypoglycaemia and have been told by my doctor to eat little and often. However, lifestyle (IT consultant at work) dictates that I can't really have 6 meals a day, so hence the snacks.

When I was losing weight the snacks were things like a banana, a low calorie snack bar (eg Alpen light bars), seeds/nuts.

Now I'm maintaining I'll sometimes have a slice of toast in the afternoon if I'm working from home!
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    4-5 meals a day for me. My first meal is around 10-11AM-usually finish eating at 11:00 or 11:30AM. Then I had m next meal at 3PM or 4PM. My last meal is around 9PM or 10PM.
  • DeannaPaige1
    DeannaPaige1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast and dinner..Lunch is more like a snack ( Yogurt ). I eat a small snack after dinner as well.
  • cardozojoann
    cardozojoann Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks everyday. If i don't I will feel like I am starving