how many meals do u all eat a day

Options
12346»

Replies

• ashley7979
    Options
    I usually have about 3 snacks. One after each meal.
  • shadoewz
    Options
    Sometimes I only eat one meal a day, it starts when I wake up and ends when I go to sleep ;)
  • brittanyjarz
    brittanyjarz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried actually just doing three meals a day. Realizing that after maybe two weeks I was not losing any weight and I was going to the gym 6 days a week. Now I eat about 6 times a day. Breakfast ,snack, lunch, snack, dinner and maybe a snack if I am still hungry. After doing that I actually dropped about more 5lbs. Your body is holding onto the fat when you do not fuel it enough during the day. Eating small meals actually really does help your metabolism even though it can be annoying. Just pack a few snacks for your day so you don't binge or forget to eat. Good Luck.
  • izoom3
    izoom3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating 5 meals a day. Do what works for you but stay withing your calories. If you are having troubles staying within your calories change your profile to lose less each week.
    Supposedly a person is supposed to eat every 2-3 hours to keep the blood sugar up and everything moving along. I don't usually make that as I get up at 4:30 am and have long days. Play around with it and make adjustments when necessary. Nothing is carved in stone.
    One thing that has helped me the most is boosting my protein intake (and not just red meat) it takes longer to digest and you do stay full longer. If it isn't hunger that is making you snack then try to figure out what is....bored? tired? lonely? or just enjoy the tactile sensation of eating? You will figure it out. It takes time. And, go easy on yourself.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just officially added specific 3 snack times in the plan....aside from the three squares. But I do stay below or within my caloric plan. Healthy snacks are the best choice! 60lbs down since 2/15/12.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    one main meal a day...

If hungry I have snacks if not I don't...

I use supplements as joint support by USN, CLA and Hydroxycut.

My one main meal the only thing I focus on is nice food and quality. Sometimes like today that is absent, but heck that happens right? I can snack but as losing weight now, I try not to, if I get hungry a protein shake with very low or no carb/fat is allowed.

Other than that, my main meal initiates a window fram where I can eat for a few hours before stopping again... And it works, don't feel bad, hardly hungry, it is good... Only thing is weird looks when I explain IF and the concepts or CRON and how I would rather do IF instead for just about same benefits as CRON minus the hunger and counting etc...

I do get stupid, but I try to focus on good nutrition and health... It just can be easy to miss my main meal as not hungry but still eat as hey, I gotta right?
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    usually 4 meals and one snack. weekends vary.
  • natalovesmusic
    natalovesmusic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day. If I am doing cardio that day I will have TWO lunches (pre and post cardio, because I get soo hungry after) along with breakfast, dinner, and snacking when needed.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I only eat one meal a day, it starts when I wake up and ends when I go to sleep ;)

I think I love you...
  • kkbrown2
    Options
    Once I start snacking, it's hard to stop. It's addictive. So I try to read, study, go outside, drink water, drink flavored water (water with a slice of orange, sliced strawberry, etc.). The water helps.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    one main meal a day...

If hungry I have snacks if not I don't...

I use supplements as joint support by USN, CLA and Hydroxycut.

My one main meal the only thing I focus on is nice food and quality. Sometimes like today that is absent, but heck that happens right? I can snack but as losing weight now, I try not to, if I get hungry a protein shake with very low or no carb/fat is allowed.

Other than that, my main meal initiates a window fram where I can eat for a few hours before stopping again... And it works, don't feel bad, hardly hungry, it is good... Only thing is weird looks when I explain IF and the concepts or CRON and how I would rather do IF instead for just about same benefits as CRON minus the hunger and counting etc...

I do get stupid, but I try to focus on good nutrition and health... It just can be easy to miss my main meal as not hungry but still eat as hey, I gotta right?

I do the same, usually during my window I eat only a couple meals focusing on macros, it is nice to be able to eat stupidly during your window and still not screw yourself too much =]

So I guess my answer is, 1-2 meals depending on my macro-nutrients, and I skip breakfast.
  • cathydr7
    Options
    I agree with most of the posts. I eat three meals and generally two snacks, one between breakfast & lunch and then in the afternoon between lunch & dinner. Sometimes I don't need one. Just make sure you make good choices and stay within your calories for the day.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    3 meals and 2 to 3 snacks are the norm (one is usually a small dessert)
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I have 4-5 meals a day. One or two are a snack.