Marathon Newbies Group week three!!!

Options

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    I signed up for the Rock n Roll Seattle Marathon on June 26th about 10minutes ago. My mom and I also booked a hotel room last night near the start line. Wow. I'm really going to do it! WOOT!

I am really excited you are doing it! Good for you! Is your husband going to go also?
  • gym_rat
    Options
    I signed up for the Rock n Roll Seattle Marathon on June 26th about 10minutes ago. My mom and I also booked a hotel room last night near the start line. Wow. I'm really going to do it! WOOT!

I am really excited you are doing it! Good for you! Is your husband going to go also?

No... he'll still be in Iraq until next Jan or Feb :(
  • princesspurple
    Options
    [/quote]

No... he'll still be in Iraq until next Jan or Feb :(
    [/quote]

I am sorry-I didn't realize he was there! Good for you that you are getting out and doing something good for yourself!
  • AmyDoesIt
    Options
    Thanks Chenoachem- understood. I'll have to check into that.
    Unfortunately with yesterdays run and my new shoes, I aggrivated this blister in the arch of my foot (just got bigger) so having a hard time walking on it today. Crazy- and I'm pretty tough! Today was a rest day so I'm hoping it is better by the morning.

Gym Rat- Good for you, that seems like it would be a fun race!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    chenoachem- what is a tempo run? just wondering...

chrissy- good luck on the shoes- over the last year i've tried mizuno's, asic's and now the brooks- liked them all and am into the cushioning as well. just trying to find that perfect shoe for me.

hope the foot is feeling better!

today was a short 3 mi. run (doesn't seem like enough) - but am trying to stick to my training schedule this week- hoping it gives me more endurance on my long weekend run.

me too last night was a quicky 2 miles - this is a recovery week so very low mileage.

I wore my New Balance last night and had the same pain in my foot-might not be my Mizunos after all....if after my weekend running it's bad, I'll call Dr monday to get it checked.
  • AmyDoesIt
    Options
    chrissy-

bummer- i hate to hear that. let us know how the weekend goes.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    chrissy-

bummer- i hate to hear that. let us know how the weekend goes.
    Really upsets me - but I'd be better to know than to injur something further.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

Unfortunately with yesterdays run and my new shoes, I aggrivated this blister in the arch of my foot (just got bigger) so having a hard time walking on it today. Crazy- and I'm pretty tough! Today was a rest day so I'm hoping it is better by the morning.

Do you use double layered socks or sock liners? I like Wrightsock Original Double Layer Running Anklet Socks. They are the only sock type that will make it so I don't get blisters.
  • AmyDoesIt
    Options
    Thanks - I'm on a mission to find these socks! I've had blister problems with every shoe I've tried and I use think moisture wicking socks already.

Chrissy- you'll feel better once you make sure with a Doc- The ING is 3 weeks away- you'll want to be running at your best by then.
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    I get the socks on Amazon.com. They are something like $20 for 3 pair. Good Luck.

Chrissy--Good Luck. I hope it gets worked out soon.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Short 4 miles at lunch and my foot felt good...little tiny cramp started but went right away!!

Hopefully I am good just needed some rest.
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    Ran 8 miles yesterday for a total of 16miles last week. That was the longest I have ever run and I ran it with having a cold. I came home and collapsed on the floor for a while trying to get some of my breath back and then spent most of the day drinking hot tea.

This week I had in a fourth running day and am going to do a total of 19 miles.

Happy running everyone.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Had a great run this am! Was going to go to the gym, but seeing that it was 35 degrees and the sidewalks were clear, I went outside! 4.5 miles w/ 2 good hills included ....finished in .....43 minutes! I am very proud of myself today! Good way to start off the week!
  • AmyDoesIt
    AmyDoesIt Posts: 46
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone!

Chenoachem- I ordered the socks on Friday so I can't wait till they come in. The body glide sure helped this weekend- no new blisters. I hope you recover from your cold- don't push it too hard.

Chrissy- glad to hear you are doing better- sometimes that is all we need is just a few days rest and our bodies will recover!

I had a great outside run yesterday 11 mi. at the park (it has some inclines)! Gives me 24 for last week. Boy I am feeling it today. Knees and feet are a little stiff. Today is a stretch/stregnth day so I'll take it easy. Walked couple miles at lunch because it is soooo pretty outside (sunny/almost 60) YAY!
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    Had a great run this am! Was going to go to the gym, but seeing that it was 35 degrees and the sidewalks were clear, I went outside! 4.5 miles w/ 2 good hills included ....finished in .....43 minutes! I am very proud of myself today! Good way to start off the week!

That's great. You go!
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    I picked up a book last night at the library. It is

"The complete book of running for women" by Kowalchik, Claire

I started it last night and had a hard time putting it down. It has lots of information about what you need to know about running and being female. I would recommend it. It answered some questions I have had.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I picked up a book last night at the library. It is

"The complete book of running for women" by Kowalchik, Claire

I started it last night and had a hard time putting it down. It has lots of information about what you need to know about running and being female. I would recommend it. It answered some questions I have had.

I'll have to check it out!

Ran 5 miles on Sunday-easy awesome, no pain run-felt SO good!:smokin:

Didn't get to run yesterday due to 9 inches of snow (in NC!) Did P90X Cardio Intervals
    Hopefully get to run 5 or 6 today. if not I'll do some strength DVD stuff today and run tomorrow.

I am not increasing my mileage during the weeks for the next 3 - with my foot the way it was I figure I better take it a little easy!

Only shooting for 19 miles this week....3, 5, and 12 mile runs.

Got my number for my half - Look for me at the ING Atlanta race - I am #14430....yep should be easy to find huh?! :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    No run today-strength.

4 or 5 miles tomorrow
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    I am trying to get over this darn cold. I am taking the next few days off and hope to be back on the run for Sunday. Next Sat I am doing a 5K. Not that it is hard, I just wanted to be better than I have ever been. My fastest time for a 5K has been 32 minutes. I hope to run in under 30minutes. Since I am used to training at 6000ft abover sea level and the race is at <1000 ft, I have a great advantage.

Have fun with 12 miles, Chrissy.

Happy running all!!
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    Went out and did my 8 miles in the rain today. It felt awesome to get out again. I can't believe I had to be sick the 2 days it was in the 60s but I am back and ready to go.