Calling all Geek,Dorks and Nerds!

Options
1235»

Replies

• chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    From where I come from all this is pretty cool :D... 9gag is revolutionizing what's cool now...or I think so..hah!...who cares...

I love my LOTR, Harry Potter, Narnia, Transformers and what not..!...people who don't are just sad muggles ;P
  • theWinchester
    theWinchester Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    LOVE Harry Potter, that is my childhood.
    I'm a BIG Supernatural and Doctor Who fan, I'm always making references to them. All roads lead to my nerdy obsessions.
    I have manyyy more, but these three are the big ones :D
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I am realize that my profile pic, doesn't match my nerd status, but I have always been in between jock and nerd.

High school Vice president of the school's Chess team, but also Team captain of the Wrestling team.

Attend San Diego Comic Con, every other year. Loves video games, MW3 and Madden.

Avid Airsoft player.

Movie buff, but not a fanatic.

I have a Darth Maul, Bob Fett, and Storm Trooper Halloween Costume.

That is so sexy

@Icelandic_Sag - sexy, really? We have a match! :heart:
  • Changes02
    Options
    You had me at Avatar: The Last Airbender (show of course, not that horrid movie) I love all that! Video games, I have my own R2D2 Xbox, a Wii, PS2. I adore The Legend of Zelda. Maybe a bit too much. Assassin's Creed, Okami..so many!!!

Are you talking about Avatar the movie or the Airbender movie? Both sucked in my opinion, but the Airbender show was amazing. The movie though was just god awful.

The Last Airbender movie, never bothered to watch Avatar with the blue people. From what a professor said, it was Dancing With Wolves with better graphics. The Last Airbender took me 3 separate times to complete it, it was just so terrible

Pretty much exactly how I would describe it. And the Airbender movie was a huge let down. Waited forever to see it and afterwards I was just hoping they wouldn't bother to make book 2.
  • BTheGreatest
    Options
    Obsessed with ninja and samurai movies.... Top 5!!

1. Shogun assassin
    2. Lone wolf and cub
    3. Kill bill
    4. Revenge of the ninja
    5. Seven Samurai
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    People at my work have no idea what I have on cubicle wall and desk. I have a cartoon picture of Spike, I have a blue police box , a. Bobble head K9, pics of Simon Pegg and many other geeky stuff. I have only one other person at work who understands me. Everyone else a would rather watch reality TV which I just don't understand. I feel I am the normal one and they are the weird ones. :)
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Options
    I'm a book nerd. Love to read. Getting married to the cutest geek ever. He's teaching me about Star Wars and stuff. Somehow I've made it to 35 yrs old without ever seeing Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr. Who, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or any super hero movies except I saw one of the Batman movies in jr high. He loves me anyway and answers all my questions. I'm proud to say I've seen the 1st Star Wars movie now and also The Avengers.

*shockedface*
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Options
    I've always wanted a vanity licence plate that says "NT A MGGL". I refuse to believe it. I'm in hardcore denial!

That'd be sweet. And I am in denial too. Im still waiting on my Hogwarts letter.
  • psychomeep
    Options
    I'm a Star Trek fanatic, I love the whole idea of living in my own little world of futuristic bliss. I love anything sci-fi/fantasy and I tend to fall in love with characters in books and shows. I get a little intense about the things I like (the definition of a nerd). Dr. Who is my current obsession. I need more geek friends on MFP so feel free to add me!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

I see @Peter_Brady you edited this....the sign of a true grande dork
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    i'm a dork! :p I just got home from seeing Batman v Superman!!! AND I LIKED IT!
  • Peter_Brady
    Options
    @synchkat

Didn't you tell me Rachel asked for your input for her book?

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Hey Petey did you check out the dedication in it?????? "<3 @Peter_Brady. My greatest inspiration"
  • TooShortForThisWeight
    Options
    YAAAS! I am even doing Hogwarts Running Club and am doing the Umbridge 13k for my own Harry Potter themed medal
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm crazy about sci fi. Most of my gym tanks and hoodies reference Firefly, Star Trek or Star Wars. I've even been known to deadlift in Darth Vader socks.
  • Peter_Brady
    Options
    I'm crazy about sci fi. Most of my gym tanks and hoodies reference Firefly, Star Trek or Star Wars. I've even been known to deadlift in Darth Vader socks.

Pics or it didn't happen applies to DORKS too!!!!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I spent a good deal of the day watching/listening to Free to Choose with Milton Friedman. Thomas Sowell was on a couple. It was awesome.