Who lost 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery ?

Options

Replies

• Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    My first goal is approx 80-90pounds (around 40kgs) I'm only part way there, even though I have been working out at the gym for over 12 months. I had not been changing my diet, which caused the weight to very slowly come off. If I'd have changed my diet 16 months ago, I'd probably be at my goal weight now... anyway, I'm still plugging away and have made lots of positive changes to my diet and upped my exercise too and I'm now starting to see the sorts of results I was expecting!

Anything is achieveable if you really want it! All you have to do is put the effort in. I had not even considered surgery, I put this weight on by myself, I can take it off myself!

Happy exercising!
  • cnewborn28
    Options
    It is very possible for you to loose the wight. When I started on my program I thought that I had to do the typical exercises, however being on here I learned other wise. So I started doing the things I loved most like dancing playing with my nieces and nephew. I also cooked cleaned and did other everyday things. Learning that just by doing regular everyday activities would burn calories gave all the more reason to do the work. I also learned what foods burned more fat then others. I still eat what I want just in smaller amounts. By me doing all these things I have lost a total of 100lbs in the last 6 months. I feel great I haven't felt this good in years.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I have 14 more to go without surgery. I have a lot more to go probably another 100 so this is big for me
  • bonniebonbon
    bonniebonbon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am in the gym 7 days a week and I watch what I eat. I am doing it the old fashioned way. Alot of hard work, sweat and even a few tears. So far so good as I am down 106 pounds. By the way it has taken me about a year to lose it.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    As of this morning, I have lost 100 pounds by just diet change and good old fashioned exercise!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    You got this. :glasses:
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You must feel like a million wonderful bucks! Congrats!
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeee!!!

I lost the first 82 about 10 years ago, and have maintained.

Decided a few months ago that I would attempt to get to my original goal weight.

It's been a slow process, but I finally hit that 100 pound mark about 2 weeks ago!!!

I have 21 pounds to go to my goal weight. Wish me luck!!!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Me too! It's totally doable.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    wish you the best of luck!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi :happy: This would be me. I lost my weight without surgery, without special programs, all natural, ate healthy and exercised. I lost 100 pounds 9 months in and then reached 110 lost on my 1 year mark. I'm working harder than every to lose the last 10 pounds to reach my ultimate goal. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Lost it and have kept off over 110+ lbs for about 4 years now!! I teeter with 10 lbs from time to time due to holidays and vacation BUT yes it can be done!!
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've lost 101 in two years, including a time healing from a shattered shoulder that put me down and out for 6 week.

It's hard,but totally possible without surgery.

Anyone can add me as a friend.

Have a great weekend!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Me!

154lb's and counting - didn't even change what I eat - just the amount of it. Everything that goes in my face, goes on the scale first. If I can't weigh it, or keep the wrapper with the exact portion size for adding via the android app, I don't eat it. Simples.

Oh - there is probably the small matter of 7,000 miles or so on the pushbike since I started July last year to figure in there as well of course.

But - and I'm going to be really annoying to lots of people now - it's been EASY - and I just can't understand why it took me so damned long to get my finger out and do it!
  • luvsbks
    luvsbks Posts: 51
    Options
    I lost 160 pounds without surgery once! I did gain a lot of it back though and am trying again without surgery. You can add me as a friend and then you can read my blog about how I did it. Best of Luck to you! :smile:
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    85 weeks in 111lbs down.

No surgery
    light to moderate excercise
    lots of walking
    counting calories and eating the good stuff.

people at my church think all i eat is diet food however when we have a dinner i bring my "diet food" and they love it. hmmm

I as well look at food and gain I have a slow metablolism I eat no more than 1700 calories a day. I have lost 1.3 lb per week since i started slow yes i know but it is the right way.
    you have done great so far

God Bless
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am down over 100 and have about 50 left. I have found a lot of friends here over the past year who are doing this without surgery, and a few with surgery too. The most important thing is to find a good core group of friends willing to talk about the hard emotional stuff because there is a lot of that too! And without doing the inside work, I dont think the outside work will last.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm right at the 100-pounds-lost mark, with about 75 to go - without surgery. It's taken about 4 years or so with some time off for motorcycle accidents/surgery. But it's a marathon not a sprint, and a life style change not a diet. Feel free to friend me.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    ...But it's a marathon not a sprint, and a life style change not a diet.

+1 on that - the way I look at it is this - it took me 48 years to get this fat, so if It takes me 2 years to do something about it, that's really quick, and if it takes 10 years to be happy with my weight, then it's still a damned sight faster than getting fat in the first place was!