Metalheads...come to me.

Options
12346»

Replies

• bleacheblonde
    Options
    I'm an "aspiring metalhead." Just started listening to metal about a year ago, but I am HOOKED AS HELL. Right now I'm listening to a lot of Children of Bodom, Meshuggah, High on Fire, Deftones, and Pantera. One of my coworkers burned me some CD's to introduce me to some different bands. I think I'd have to say one of my all-time favorite bands is the Deftones. I realize some "hardcore" metalheads think they are nu-metal or cheesy or whatever, but I'm not really into sub-genre distinctions. It's good to recognize nuances within genres of music, but sometimes I think people get too concerned with "Omg I can't listen to this band because they're semi-popular/nu-metal/not hardcore enough." That's dumb. Listen to what you like! I'm also a major music nerd....I listen to all types (except country, which I really can't tolerate. I've tried. I can't do it.) I'm a classically trained pianist and clarinetist so I love classical music too.
  • KFilthy
    KFilthy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm an "aspiring metalhead." Just started listening to metal about a year ago, but I am HOOKED AS HELL. Right now I'm listening to a lot of Children of Bodom, Meshuggah, High on Fire, Deftones, and Pantera. One of my coworkers burned me some CD's to introduce me to some different bands. I think I'd have to say one of my all-time favorite bands is the Deftones. I realize some "hardcore" metalheads think they are nu-metal or cheesy or whatever, but I'm not really into sub-genre distinctions. It's good to recognize nuances within genres of music, but sometimes I think people get too concerned with "Omg I can't listen to this band because they're semi-popular/nu-metal/not hardcore enough." That's dumb. Listen to what you like! I'm also a major music nerd....I listen to all types (except country, which I really can't tolerate. I've tried. I can't do it.) I'm a classically trained pianist and clarinetist so I love classical music too.

oh, I like you already!
  • Big_Daddy6
    Options
    How bout us metal heads dominating the message boards!!! Hell yeah!

Horns up \m/
  • draconiandream
    draconiandream Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'n reply to that one guy, Alien Sex Fiend are so fetch

agreed.... (if by fetch you mean great)
  • LordByproduct
    Options
    I'n reply to that one guy, Alien Sex Fiend are so fetch

is fetch good? it MUST be because Alien Sex Fiend is god of goth/industrial music.
  • LordByproduct
    Options

oh, I like you already!

i laugh when certain "metalheads" are all like "thats not really metal....it's groove metal/industrial/thrash whatever" thats the beauty of metal is the variety and thriving subculture world wide. metal is here to stay.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Workout playlist is almost all metal. Pantera, Godsmack, Ramstein, Rage, and the rest of the usual suspects.
  • cowbutt6
    cowbutt6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cool.

I've got a CC album and a couple of Six Feet Under's Graveyard Classics. I'm more of a euro/old-school thrash/old-school death metal guy:

I've been into metal for some 24 years now, starting with Maiden, Anthrax, Metallica, moving onto many of the bands on Noise International (Sabbat, Helloween, Kreator), local band Onslaught, Skyclad, Xentrix, then onto Earache (Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Entombed) and Peaceville (My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Anathema, Dominion, At the Gates), early Cradle of Filth (who were a local band supporting Xentrix when I first saw them) and most recently Akercocke, Opeth, Therion, The Gathering and Within Temptation.
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Metal is the best music to work out to :) you can add me if you like.
  • streetcarp7
    streetcarp7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

For vigorous workouts I tend to use bouncy cheesy metal/nu-metal/hard rock for that... Pantera,

Pantera is not cheesy they were awesome and I dont think you should put them in the same category as disturbed at all. Sorry I really hate it when people argue over metal but it had to be said. RIP Dimebag
  • streetcarp7
    streetcarp7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think I'd have to say one of my all-time favorite bands is the Deftones.

Deftones have been my favourite band since I was 14 (hence my screen name)
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm more into old school metal rock, iron maiden, acdc, even a bit of lynard skynrd etc. The list of bands I love could go on and have mostly been mentioned here already. I love listening to lots of different types of music and my workout playlist goes from iron maiden to disturbed to cheesy 90s pop and everything inbetween. Some songs is be ashamed to admit to aswell lol.

I also figured out why I stopped going to certain high impact fitness classes, the thumping dance music would give me musical toothache lol
  • AvgJ0e
    AvgJ0e Posts: 6
    Options
    I love the ****in' **** out of Pantera, Slayer, Bloodbath, Kataklysm, Cannibal Corpse, Torture Killer, Six Feet Under (Big Chris Barnes fan), Down, Sepultura, Death, Obituary, Evile,Carcass, Lifelover, Pig Destroyer, Metallica, Acid Bath (Also a big Dax Riggs fan even though it's more stoner rock), Immolation, Haarp, Immortal, Vader, Weedeater, Marduk, Eyehategod, Origin, Morbid Angel, BLS, Cerebral Bore, Pentagram, Opeth, Satyricon, Crowbar, Dying Fetus,Forgotten Tomb, Malevolent Creation, Deicide, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Braindrill, Hatebreed, Exhorder, Gojira, Kittie (old), Otep, Mayhem, Carpathian Forest, Burzum, Darkthrone...I could go on.

Please continue...
  • KFilthy
    Options

For vigorous workouts I tend to use bouncy cheesy metal/nu-metal/hard rock for that... Pantera,

Pantera is not cheesy they were awesome and I dont think you should put them in the same category as disturbed at all. Sorry I really hate it when people argue over metal but it had to be said. RIP Dimebag

Don't even bother apologizing. Pantera is my all time favorite band, and it makes me die a little when people group them in with *kitten* bands like Disturbed or Godsmack. That's like comparing Coke to Diet Shasta.
  • KFilthy
    Options
    I love the ****in' **** out of Pantera, Slayer, Bloodbath, Kataklysm, Cannibal Corpse, Torture Killer, Six Feet Under (Big Chris Barnes fan), Down, Sepultura, Death, Obituary, Evile,Carcass, Lifelover, Pig Destroyer, Metallica, Acid Bath (Also a big Dax Riggs fan even though it's more stoner rock), Immolation, Haarp, Immortal, Vader, Weedeater, Marduk, Eyehategod, Origin, Morbid Angel, BLS, Cerebral Bore, Pentagram, Opeth, Satyricon, Crowbar, Dying Fetus,Forgotten Tomb, Malevolent Creation, Deicide, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Braindrill, Hatebreed, Exhorder, Gojira, Kittie (old), Otep, Mayhem, Carpathian Forest, Burzum, Darkthrone...I could go on.

Please continue...

Haha, uhm let's see what I haven't mentioned.. Bathory, Bolt Thrower, Napalm Death, Christ Inversion, Amon Amarth, Fear Factory, LoG, Kreator, Psycroptic, Samael, Suffocation, White Zombie, Cradle of Filth, Rebel Meets Rebel, Mortician,Type O Negative, Celtic Frost, Devourment, Severed Savior, Shining, Emperor, Watain, Aura Noir, Plector, Soilent Green, then there's stuff like GG Allin, Reagan Youth, Corrosion of Conformity, Days of the New (LOVE LOVE LOVE DOTN), Massive Attack, Bile, Hecate, Angerfist, Combichrist, Modulate, eh..then it goes to old school rap from there. Stuff like Eazy-E, NWA, Ice Cube, Westside Connection, Brotha Lynch Hung, etc etc.