10/18: 3.13
    10/19: 0
    10/20: 11.2

WTD Total: 18.48
    MTD Total: 33.07
    Remaining: 56.93
  • midmomike2
    Options
    12 miles today, MTD = 73 hope everyone that had races today did well! if you have a race tommorrow, have fun, best of luck, and BRING IT!
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    10 miles for me this week. I'm finally over my injury!
  • RunXstrong
    Options
    Great 5K Maria, you are back to FAST from your injury! That's got to feel great. A new PR is right around the corner.

I'm just running base miles this month, and I am 10 pounds heavier tthan my regular weight, and gaining a pound each week. That makes me a little slower.:tongue: I'm focusing on a weightlifting bulking program before marathon training starts.

Tues - 6 miles
    Thurs - 6 miles
    Sat - 13 miles
    Sun - 5 miles
    WTD 30 miles
    MTD 90 miles
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Coor, I'm sorry, I'm again nowhere near target. I started running 2 miles again, a few days ago. Made it to three yesterday. I think I'm properly back on the mend, so hopefully will be back to decent miles soon.

Could you put me down for 50 for November? I reckon that's more realistic. I'll get back to 100 soon! :-)
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    10/16 - 4.9
    10/17 - 4.75
    10/18 - 4.9
    10/20 - 10.05
    10/21 - 7

WK3 - 31.6
    MTD - 99.85
  • elfpearl
    elfpearl Posts: 191
    Options
    12 miles today, 91 for the month.
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    Tuesday 10/9 - 5 miles
    Wednesday 10/10 - 5 miles
    Thursday 10/11 - 8 miles
    Saturday 10/20 - 18 miles

month-to-date -- 97 miles

Good luck to everyone with races coming up this weekend!!! I have a half next Saturday, should be fun!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    12.5 miles today

wtd: 31
    mtd: 90.8

exercise.png
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    kcmomof2 said:
    Sorry I have been MIA. Finally over that nasty bug I had and back from a minivacation.

Saturday 10/6 - 4.5 miles

Tuesday 10/9 - 7 miles
    Wednesday 10/10 - 8 miles
    Thursday 10/11 - 7 miles
    Saturday - 3.81 Miles (I was suppose to do 19 today, but the severe storms showed earlier than expected. I can handle running in the rain, but not lightening. Will attempt it again tomorrow.)

WTD - 25.81

MTD - 30.31

Glad you are feeling better, I recall you said you had a respiratory issue :flowerforyou: and very happy to see you BACK here :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks!

Yes, it was respiratory. Totally sucked.

My mileage this week has been dismal as well. I have been dealing with a sick daughter all week. No fun, but she is better now so hopefully I van get back on track this week. I've got a long way to go to get close to my goal.

I did run a Half yesterday (Waddell & Reed KC Marathon). I am very happy with my time of 2:01. I ran this same race last year which was my "first half". I beat my time by 10 minutes, and haven't really been working on my speed, just my mileage. I was hoping for sub 2, but I decided not to push it too hard since I hadn't run all week.

WTD - 13
    MTD - 43
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    utes09 said:

10/15: 3.2 miles
    10/16: 2.5 miles
    10/18: 3.5 miles
    10/19: 1.3 miles

MTD: 61.15

Half Marathon tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! My profile pic is my costume!!!!!!!! :)

Excellent!!! How did you do!!!!

You can add 13.1 miles to my total!!!

Haunted Half Marathon Results: finished 41/69 for my age group and 240/459 overall females. Official time was 2:16:21

I shattered my previous time of 2:20:46 set in April (my first HM). First 6 miles of the race were downhill (I had a 54 minute 10k, that pace didn't last), I knew this going in and tried to train the best I could. I didn't train well enough. About mile 11.5 I suffered the excruciating knee pain that hampered me last Sept-Dec til I went to the PT. I ended up half running. hobbling the last bit pushing myself to beat that 2:20. I felt it fit perfectly being a Halloween themed race, I looked like a running Crayon Zombie. Through the winter I'm going to work on leg muscle strength and hit the canyons more when it's warm.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I ran a half marathon today. I felt good during my first 10 miles. I was on a sub 1:50 pace, and then the nightmare happened in the last 3.1 miles. I had an epic bonk and eeked out a 2:00. I didn't prepare well this summer. Just too much heat and humidity in the mid-west this year. I had an easier time training during the winter months in prep for my first HM this past April where I ran a 1:52. I guess improvement doesn't always take a linear path. I had better splits this time as compared to April. It's possible I may have went out too fast. One change I made during the race that I didn't do during my training was popping GU packs and carrying a water bottle during the race. I learned in April that most of the water I grabbed at the water stations went on my shirt instead of in my mouth. I should have experimented with the nutrition thing a little more, and I should have had a few high mileage training days over 15 miles before the race as well. It probably would have been a good idea to run sections of the course before the race too. The high mileage training I did have an opportunity to put in this summer were mostly in the 8-10 mile range. During the winter I had a couple 16 mile training days and I think that gave me a huge confidence boost leading into the April race. My goal is between 1:45 - 1:50 next time. I know I can do it

exercise.png
  • gorunjogger
    Options
    40 miles this week, 130 MTD.
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 8.9, Thursday 7.6, Friday 8.1, Saturday 7.6 and Sunday 9 miles.
    So, during my two cross country runs, not having a water bottle in my hand made no difference, probably cause of the unevenness of the ground. But, whilst running on asphalt my average km was between 40-60 sec faster. I guess that bottle have been throwing my of my gait or something. Anyways, lesson learned=)

exercise.png
  • rbottom12
    Options
    23 miles this week. Missed a couple of days due to the doom & gloom of the rainy weather. Shame on me.
    69 MTD
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Ran my Half Marathon today. The Runner's World Half & Festival was tons of fun. I was aiming for 1:50 finish, but the hills on the course were just too much for me. Finished in 2:01:30. Still a PR, since it's my first half. That takes me to 85 for the month. And OMG I hurt right now.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options

so far!